So... Maybe it was just the Falcons?

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I'm amazed at how open there guys get. It's just uncanny.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1t3ywpgj said:
They didn't just magically find a whole group of guys that run faster than defenders across the league. Great scheming plays a LARGE role in it.

I wish we had that.

Josea16

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ur4okz9 said:
Reaneypark":1ur4okz9 said:
They didn't just magically find a whole group of guys that run faster than defenders across the league. Great scheming plays a LARGE role in it.

I wish we had that.
We do the EXACT same thing buddy. Injury is such a bitch right? Our issue isn't on defense versus Atlanta or Green Bay it's our OL. I know you get it even though your hatred is directed to the guy that has no control over the actual issue that is destroying this team.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Josea16":39xul4ku said:
RolandDeschain":39xul4ku said:
Reaneypark":39xul4ku said:

I wish we had that.
We do the EXACT same thing buddy. Injury is such a bitch right?
No, even when we're healthy, our scheming is stupid much of the time. Beast Mode being one of the best running backs ever overcame the deficiencies of that.

Josea16

Reaction score
Ok, IRo ....hit me with your solution. Understand your favorite bitch boy will be here... so go for it. Interest me already! Shanahan sucks if he doesn't have an elite offense. Just agree and we're fine. 8)

Otherwise don't snip my posts to fit your personal vendetta yes?

Josea16

Reaction score
adeltaY":2pyf1m1w said:
Hasselbeck":2pyf1m1w said:
Carolina wasn't the team we should be looking out for in 2017, 2018, 2019, etc. It's Atlanta.

I wonder about this. The Panthers have a fantastic DL and LBs and their young corners are actually pretty good, especially Bradberry. If they fix their OL and get Cam another receiver, they could shoot right back up to dominance. Then there's the Bucs, who have a really good young QB and stud WR to build around. Who really knows, I guess. Maybe the Falcons will fade into mediocrity next year and some other random team will rise up (heh) to replace them as the NFC's shooting star.

I'm just glad we'll be right back there and have been in it in at least some capacity these past several years.
Pretty much. It's why I'm pissed. The NFCS is a joke yet the winner goes to the Superbowl like the AFCE.....interesting......

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lots of NFC teams are on the rise, it's not just the Falcons. Giants, Skins, Packers, Vikings are gonna be back........and obviously the Cowboys aren't going anywhere soon with how young their talent is.

That's why I was bummed to hear Pete say in his last presser that he still trusts his coordinators and process, because I don't. Wholesale changes? No. But scheme wise and especially team culture Pete needs to circle the wagons and get this team back on the same page. Not sure that can happen with the same faces coaching and playing.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1qkdes3e said:
Lots of NFC teams are on the rise, it's not just the Falcons. Giants, Skins, Packers, Vikings are gonna be back........and obviously the Cowboys aren't going anywhere soon with how young their talent is.

That's why I was bummed to hear Pete say in his last presser that he still trusts his coordinators and process, because I don't. Wholesale changes? No. But scheme wise and especially team culture Pete needs to circle the wagons and get this team back on the same page. Not sure that can happen with the same faces coaching and playing.

I think this captures my disappointment as well. I think there are some teams that are clearly on the rise (Dallas, Giants, Minn, Skins, maybe even Philly). And then you have the Falcons and Packers who are always a force and Carolina is out there as well. It feels like these teams are going up (or have the potential). And despite our chest pumping that we made the playoffs, we are going downhill and regressing. I don't want to go back to the land of the 90s or underachieving 80s. So I think we need a shakeup, plain and simple.

Steve2222

Reaction score
crosfam":19ye11f1 said:
With all the reflection - maybe we just caught the Falcons when they were at home, and sizzling hot? Are the Packers fans beating up their team and calling for radical change?

Sure, we had an opportunity to secure home field, but we just missed it. It seems like it simply may be their year. A few less injuries and a bit of luck and it could have been us. I figure the Falcons can win it all. And then go 9-7 next year.

Go Hawks in 2017. I predict 12-4 and home field.

Packers fans probably are beating up the team. If it wasnt for Aaron Rodgers, you're looking at probably a 2 or 3 win team. Their roster is pretty trash.

seahawks08

Reaction score
When I look back on this season, given all the factors that come to mind, we don't have a consistent running back group that can run though the lines and make some impact. All of them were injured or was playing with injury. Run first is important in Petes philosophy to control the clock and take away the game. If the defense was not on the ground for so long, we would be much more faster, quicker and getting more opportunities to take aways. We were a bit slower in all phases, we were distracted with so many things and we were not a championship calibre team. We peaked and plateaued in odd phases where we played really well in New England, but dropped down again Arizona. The confidence, leadership, mindset and physicality were all missing. Over and above all this we had a hurt QB and our backup was not a veteran who could carry the team. Yes coaches may all not be in sync, but coaches can get better if they have talent around them and every player has grown or playing to their potential.

Its a mixed bag of things, but I think the team will grow out of this, will clean things up and the coaches will also learn from their mistakes. While we all sit and be fans and passionate about things, reaching the playoffs is never an easy thing and for the Seahawks to be there so many times, only tells me Pete is awesome and he will figure this out. For all this football years in him and Jon, I am sure they will make things work and we will become a winningest franchise. I am just here to enjoy the ride.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Have to say this board is getting frustrating with every thread devolving into Bevell squabbles. I don't know if Sioux or Roland are right about him, I can't honestly say I care anymore. Why not keep this stuff in the Bevell threads?[/quote]

Well, the answer to this is that our offense single handedly kept us from another nfccg, if you buy what so many here are selling that we win the divisional at home. Here's our five lowest scoring games' points totals...

3, 5, 6, 10, 12.

For comparison, here's the cardinals...

6, 20, 13, 18, 21.

Any thread can easily devolve to this basic problem because we were ONE WIN from the two seed. So pick about four of those games listed above and with just one touchdown we're right in it. O line, lynch less, say what you want, but a high school coach can produce more in those five games calling the plays. Certainly couldn't be worse if you tried.

Also, my biggest problem with the Bevell defenders is that nothing substantial EVER gets addressed. I mean the main defense is centered on the team success and dvoa or something, but my arguments are always stuff like. ''how come it took until the wild card round for us to see a creative formation near the goal line where Jimmy is at first lined up somewhere traditional, and then all of a sudden guys go in motion including Jimmy shifting out as a receiver??''. Why is that?. That's just basic make a defensive back shit himself 101, and we don't see it one time until the Damn playoffs?. Last i checked the cardinals were desperate in the secondary that last game, ravaged by injuries. Our game plan sure as hell didn't look interested in taking advantage.

On and on, game by game, things like this fall by the wayside. Then we run out of regular season and all of a sudden we're a 3 seed.

If you don't want to see an offensive coordinator getting railed for 3 single digit offensive outputs, 2 AGAINST DIVISIONAL RIVALS, i suggest you either block everyone but Sioux or brace for impact till next season when hopefully the offense gets back on track consistently.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I guess you can ignore being in the midst of the best run ever for this franchise, DVOA ratings or individual season offensive records for Doug, Russ and Jimmy, but rational followers, analysts and our own head coach realize these things are very tangible and will give Bevell credit where credit is due for doing his part to get all that done.

What's amazing to me is that we did as well as we did with an inexperienced line that couldn't get out of its own way and a rash of key injuries. The line will improve next year through maturity or additions and our offense will thrive once again. The right people are in place for another major push.

Josea16

Reaction score
Optimus25":2tb82s2b said:
Have to say this board is getting frustrating with every thread devolving into Bevell squabbles. I don't know if Sioux or Roland are right about him, I can't honestly say I care anymore. Why not keep this stuff in the Bevell threads?

Well, the answer to this is that our offense single handedly kept us from another nfccg, if you buy what so many here are selling that we win the divisional at home. Here's our five lowest scoring games' points totals...

3, 5, 6, 10, 12.

For comparison, here's the cardinals...

6, 20, 13, 18, 21.

Any thread can easily devolve to this basic problem because we were ONE WIN from the two seed. So pick about four of those games listed above and with just one touchdown we're right in it. O line, lynch less, say what you want, but a high school coach can produce more in those five games calling the plays. Certainly couldn't be worse if you tried.

Also, my biggest problem with the Bevell defenders is that nothing substantial EVER gets addressed. I mean the main defense is centered on the team success and dvoa or something, but my arguments are always stuff like. ''how come it took until the wild card round for us to see a creative formation near the goal line where Jimmy is at first lined up somewhere traditional, and then all of a sudden guys go in motion including Jimmy shifting out as a receiver??''. Why is that?. That's just basic make a defensive back shit himself 101, and we don't see it one time until the Damn playoffs?. Last i checked the cardinals were desperate in the secondary that last game, ravaged by injuries. Our game plan sure as hell didn't look interested in taking advantage.

On and on, game by game, things like this fall by the wayside. Then we run out of regular season and all of a sudden we're a 3 seed.

If you don't want to see an offensive coordinator getting railed for 3 single digit offensive outputs, 2 AGAINST DIVISIONAL RIVALS, i suggest you either block everyone but Sioux or brace for impact till next season when hopefully the offense gets back on track consistently.[/quote]
I'm no Souix but it all comes down to Cable and his stupid scheme. All the while drafting bullshit and using what actual OL he has in the wrong positions while KNOWING a simple scheme switch would pretty much erase most of the issues.

Cable is angling for Pete's job and will take us back to 1996. I hate this POS and you should also. Cable and his ZBS is behind the times by at least 20 years. Currently the OL needs to learn how hold for
1.5 seconds not dive into the DL's knees like some punch drunk boxer. That's what the current rules support gentlemen.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Josea, which players on the offensive line do you absolutely have zero faith in developing?

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":xm6rbx8w said:
Josea, which players on the offensive line do you absolutely have zero faith in developing?
Interesting question.....developing or developing FAST? I believe in Ifredi and our boy from Missouri, Britt. Other then that? Get out. Except maybe our LG. Interestingly we seem to be trying to do exactly what New Orleans did for Brees. Build the OL from Inside to outside which is opposite of the accepted model..... he isn't tall by NFL standards either. It could work if Russ isn't already David Carr.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Josea16":29a8oy2m said:
Siouxhawk":29a8oy2m said:
Interesting question.....developing or developing FAST? I believe in Ifredi and our boy from Missouri Britt. Other then that? Get out. Except maybe our LG. Interestingly we seem to be trying to do exactly what New Orleans did for Brees. Build the OL from Inside to outside which is opposite of the accepted model..... he isn't tall by NFL standards either.
Let's just say developing adequately. I agree with you on Britt and Ifedi, but is there a glimmer of hope that Glowinski, Fant, Gilliam, Sowell or Odhiambo could make a major development by as early as next season?

Because we can't play around with this garbage anymore. Just get us to how we blocked against Detroit or the second half of the Carolina game and I'll be ecstatic.

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1ewtl947 said:
Josea16":1ewtl947 said:
Siouxhawk":1ewtl947 said:
Interesting question.....developing or developing FAST? I believe in Ifredi and our boy from Missouri Britt. Other then that? Get out. Except maybe our LG. Interestingly we seem to be trying to do exactly what New Orleans did for Brees. Build the OL from Inside to outside which is opposite of the accepted model..... he isn't tall by NFL standards either.
Let's just say developing adequately. I agree with you on Britt and Ifedi, but is there a glimmer of hope that Glowinski, Fant, Gilliam, Sowell or Odhiambo could make a major development by as early as next season?

Because we can't play around with this garbage anymore. Just get us to how we blocked against Detroit or the second half of the Carolina game and I'll be ecstatic.
I agree that all we need is average. And power block already. I hope for huge improvement. But seriously Fant? Not buying it or drinking that koolaid until he shows me straight up that I'm wrong. Either way it needs to be fast because Russell can't take another season behind a shit OL.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Josea16":365z5que said:
Siouxhawk":365z5que said:
Josea16":365z5que said:
Siouxhawk":365z5que said:

I agree that all we need is average. And power block already. I hope for huge improvement. But seriously Fant? Not buying it or drinking that koolaid until he shows me straight up that I'm wrong.
There must be something they see in Fant though ... otherwise it's just bizarre. I'm no expert, but his footwork was slow, he didn't appear to have a great deal of strength and he certainly didn't have a nasty streak like we saw in Ifedi. And he was responsible for protecting our quarterback's blind side.???

He needs to spend every moment in the offseason bulking up his stength and getting quicker. That's why I think OTAs will serve as a tipping point. If he or others aren't getting it by then or aren't showing ambition to be prepared, there's really no sense to bring them to camp. If they show some drive, bring them in to compete.

Josea16

Reaction score
Why are you trying to convince me? Look, I don't get why you defend Bevell within an inch of your life, but we're both Seahawk fans to death so it's cool. We have serious issues on the OL agreed? So stop screwing around and fix them.