So what's the plan for backup qb?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1filfmqd said:
DavidSeven":1filfmqd said:
Matt Flynn is available...

Flynn isn't going to come to a place where he's a band aid until T-Jack gets healthy. If he signs with a team, it's for an opportunity to be THE backup for an entire season.

Oh come on, Flynn will be a bandaid, no matter what team he signs with. He's only getting signed if someone is hurt.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
How do you post up twitter pics? Anyways, Danny Kelly just retweeted this:

Breaking: Former Kansas State QB Jake Waters is expected to sign with the Seattle #Seahawks tomorrow per sources

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
hawkfan68":ettvnmvw said:
Here's Jake Waters profile - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2060610/jake-waters. Sort of confused why Davis Hsu thinks he's an RT per his twitter post. Unless Waters gained 80-90 pounds of weight in a year.

The RT is short for "retweet" in which David Hsu retweeted the coach saying the "Hawks made the best decision ever."

SalishHawkFan":ettvnmvw said:
How do you post up twitter pics? Anyways, Danny Kelly just retweeted this:

Breaking: Former Kansas State QB Jake Waters is expected to sign with the Seattle #Seahawks tomorrow per sources

Just get the twitter link in between the [tweet][/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DraftDiamonds/status/633453243910242306[/tweet ] <---like that, but obviously would move the ] back.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1vkav1a9 said:
hawkfan68":1vkav1a9 said:
Here's Jake Waters profile - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2060610/jake-waters. Sort of confused why Davis Hsu thinks he's an RT per his twitter post. Unless Waters gained 80-90 pounds of weight in a year.

The RT is short for "retweet" in which David Hsu retweeted the coach saying the "Hawks made the best decision ever."

Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I'm twitter illiterate since I don't use it.

idahohawk

Reaction score
lol on the RT. Over/under on how many "Twitter sucks and is the cause for the decay on society" posts?

Not a flame at you hawkfan68 but more the general attitude towards social media here on .net. It's comical at times.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
While we are at it, I heard Kam Chancellor is available... What is the vet min these days... 900,000k. That could be what it takes to get him to camp.

Giblien

Reaction score
tebow2.jpg

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3adqta53 said:
While we are at it, I heard Kam Chancellor is available... What is the vet min these days... 900,000k. That could be what it takes to get him to camp.

Arena league player or CFL??? Never heard of him. :sarcasm_off: :mrgreen:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Been looking at some Jake Waters tape. I tell you what that Tyler Lockett looks a decent player.

McGruff

Reaction score
Like the idea of EJ Manuel, Matt Barkley or even luring Jake Locker to the local team.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I don't know the plan for a new backup, but the new backup will more than likely be better than the guy he is replacing.

rideaducati

Reaction score
El Caliente":1grngtir said:
DavidSeven":1grngtir said:
Has one player ever made as long a career off of one game as Flynn has off of that one game as a Packer where he lit up the Lions like a Christmas tree?

Tarvaris Jackson has never even had that "one game" and he has made a great living on less talent.

rideaducati

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3ax1yqvk said:
Sgt. Largent":3ax1yqvk said:
DavidSeven":3ax1yqvk said:

Flynn isn't going to come to a place where he's a band aid until T-Jack gets healthy. If he signs with a team, it's for an opportunity to be THE backup for an entire season.

I wasn't being serious, though getting a guy who is familiar with your playbook and can at least manage an offense probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. This is relative to the bottom of the barrel that we'd be faced with for QB prospects.

Would be glad to see BJ get those reps though.

Tarvaris was burried beneath the barrel...finding a bottom of the barrel replacement should be an upgrade.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1vxgouri said:
Been looking at some Jake Waters tape. I tell you what that Tyler Lockett looks a decent player.
I was wondering if we signed the same dude that had me shaking my head at how terrible he was throwing to Lockett.

We did.

Good thing we had Boyer on the roster, saving a spot for this guy.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3srhyk33 said:
UK_Seahawk":3srhyk33 said:
I was wondering if we signed the same dude that had me shaking my head at how terrible he was throwing to Lockett.

We did.

Good thing we had Boyer on the roster, saving a spot for this guy.

Dude is smart enough to just throw it up for Lockett. Imagine how he'd play with Graham and Matthews and Baldwin too.

Chawker

Reaction score
That picture should of came with a warning on it! Put a friggin cow bell on him or something. I had to go check my draws, Thats the scaryest thing I've seen in awhile. :34853_doh:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Tarvaris is our backup for the season once his dinged ankle heals. The guy embodies everything the Hawks want in a backup and we're lucky we have him.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3fezfpk0 said:
Tarvaris is our backup for the season once his dinged ankle heals. The guy embodies everything the Hawks want in a backup and we're lucky we have him.

Agreed. I'm not concerned with who the 2nd/3rd QB is as long as they can run the offense well enough for the other guys to get an honest evaluation. TJ is going to be on the roster when healthy; unless he has a long term injury.

Latest posts