So when does RW start to take the reigns on this offense?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3g9xlryv said:
SoulfishHawk":3g9xlryv said:
If this is constant failure, I can't wait to see success :lol:

The only success I see occurred in the 2013 season. Patriots have seen success in 2 of the last 3 years. They actually have a coach that holds people accountable. After the Pats were manhandled by the Donkos in the championship game, Belichick fired the OL coach. Last year they won the SB. I will always admire a coach like him whose only goal is to win the SB with no loyalty to anyone but the owner.
So there's no success attributed to making the Super Bowl in 2014? Interesting.
Patriots brought back Scarnecchia, who was very familiar with the team and them of him. It's not like it was a reach of a move.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1z6ftpsg said:
ludakrishna":1z6ftpsg said:
SoulfishHawk":1z6ftpsg said:

The only success I see occurred in the 2013 season. Patriots have seen success in 2 of the last 3 years. They actually have a coach that holds people accountable. After the Pats were manhandled by the Donkos in the championship game, Belichick fired the OL coach. Last year they won the SB. I will always admire a coach like him whose only goal is to win the SB with no loyalty to anyone but the owner.
Patriots brought back Scarnecchia, who was very familiar with the team and them of him. It's not like it was a reach of a move.

Success is measured with trophies. I have no interest in being satisfied with postseason appearances. Even if they brought back an old face, at least it showed the coaching staff that their job is not safe. In recent time, when has PC held a coach responsible? Right when Jeremy Bates figured it out, he was let go. Jeremy Bates would thrive with his 3rd and inches fade call to Jimmy Graham with the current personnel.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Pats are great, yes. But they won back to back Super Bowls largely on horrific calls by their opponent at the end of the game. And 2 others by a field goal.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As much as I don't like Bevell as the OC, with THAT O-Line, not a lot to work with. It's more his play calling that drives me nuts.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
ludakrishna":12vh4vfx said:
Siouxhawk":12vh4vfx said:
ludakrishna":12vh4vfx said:
SoulfishHawk":12vh4vfx said:

Success is measured with trophies. I have no interest in being satisfied with postseason appearances. Even if they brought back an old face, at least it showed the coaching staff that their job is not safe. In recent time, when has PC held a coach responsible? Right when Jeremy Bates figured it out, he was let go. Jeremy Bates would thrive with his 3rd and inches fade call to Jimmy Graham with the current personnel.
I believe Sherman Smith was just let go a year ago. And neither you or I has an idea of what coaching staff meetings are like. I'm sure they're held accountable every week. And another thing you don't know is how much influence Pete has on running things a certain way so that the coaches don't stray. In that case, the buck stops at the top. Which I'm fine with because I believe Pete has a solid plan.
But this dramatic BS that some of you espouse is just comical. It's not how the NFL works, except for maybe Snyder and the Redskins, but how has that worked for them?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Chapow":13ppnq35 said:
Ace_Rimmer":13ppnq35 said:
Just like the title says.

When does RW tell DB to shut up and take command of this offense?

If you are asking, when does Russ just ignore his coaches and do whatever he wants, the answer is never.

:ditto: He does as the coaching staff asks, he's not going to go rogue and call plays outside what Bevell calls, outside of an audible.

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes, but the day Wilson throws anybody under the bus to the press will be the day pigs fly. Or the Browns win the superbowl. Both will never happen

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
semiahmoo":19i8tv8y said:
As I said last season - RW does not appear to possess the arrogance and confidence required of an NFL "franchise" QB.

That has come at great detriment to the team.

He should be screaming at Cable/Bevell/Pete/Front Office for this nonsense.

The O-Line has sucked for too long and it has made RW a far less capable QB mentally/physically, etc.

He may never recover his former potential.

I said it before and I stand by it.

RW might have already peaked during the Beastmode days. He might not have "it" to be the guy to lead a team to another Super Bowl.

He's slowing down. (Still quick but not nearly as elusive as he was just a couple years ago) He won't ever be any taller. And now he's carrying all the mental baggage of playing behind such a crap O-Line for the last few seasons.

This season is off to a very wobbly start.

We can turn it around with a few strong wins to follow but I know I'm not the only one worried we could just as easily come out with a couple more losses with this offense.

It really does suck. Feel bad for the D. They played their guts out yesterday.

I remember many years ago when Peyton Manning was in his prime in Indy there were times his O-Line was terrible or receivers weren't up to snuff he was very straightforward with the front office about telling them that, "Hey, I want better O-Linemen or receivers." That'd be done through the draft or making a splash through Free Agency. Manning got whatever he wanted and rightfully so.

Wilson needs to do that. He needs to tell the Front Office and demand players on the O-Line.