So you’re gonna fire Pete?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":1sqryvpx said:
pittpnthrs":1sqryvpx said:
Pete aint Belichick

Nobody is, but for some reason people here seem to expect the same level of success as the Belichick/Brady Patriots and anything less is unacceptable and grounds for termination.

Really doesn't seem at all reasonable to me.

Not true, for me anyway.

I love all the intangibles Pete brings to coaching, dude's pioneered a very successful coaching style. I just wish he was more pliable and open to change when his coaches and schemes fail.

THAT'S the quality of Belichick I wish Pete would emulate.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1jrm26uy said:
pittpnthrs":1jrm26uy said:
Pete aint Belichick
Pete was fired and replaced by Belichick.

Funny thing about it is i've heard Willie McGinnis say several times that Pete Carroll was the architect behind those Patriot Super bowls.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
getnasty":1rs2xoj8 said:
Also name 5 coaches in the NFL that have been better then Pete since Pete took over. Part of having success in the NFL is catching some breaks that certainly hasn't happend this year and you can say the same for the last couple of years for that matter. Look at the Saints and how bad they have been bet there glad they didn't bail on there coach. Tomlin has been mediorce at best over the last 5 years why haven't the Steelers fired him? I can't believe Andy Reid still has a job in the NFL after repeatedly going 11-5 and 10-6 ever year. For everyone wanting Pete gone remember what we were before and remind yourself that while we might not be as dominate as 13 and 14 it's not far fetched for this team to go on a run again this year. Be careful what you wish for.

I get why you started this post, and while you weren't advocating for Pete to be sent packing, I think you might have underestimated how many posters in here want to see a change, just for the sake of change.
Saying that Pete lost what was a "Very Winnable Game" is a LAZY diagnosis, was dismissive, and stated without consideration to the upside of the competition, thus, trying to sell one of Pete Carroll's BETTER Ex-Coaches short.
Dan Quinn KNOWS our Defensive system inside, out, & backwards.
He knew how to show formations that could confuse our unreliable and anemic Offensive Linemen.
He knows the strengths & weaknesses of our Defensive tendencies ESPECIALLY with a couple of our BEST Defenders out of the lineup.
It was a prolific Matt Ryan, (not Ryan Leaf) at Quarterback, Sure Handed Julio Jones & sticky fingers Ahmad Sanu catching EVERYTHING, playing against No Lockdown Lane, & due to injury to our up & coming Rookie, we had to activate a not quite up to speed, Byron Maxwell......and we lose a chance to go to OT because of a straight down the middle but two Yards short Field Goal attempt.
It's always a bugger to lose a game that close, but pure & simple, it WAS NOT because of "Poor Coaching by Pete Carroll".