Some Denver fans not sure we won Wilson trade

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks we lost that trade - needs to get off the crack.

Even if you ignore last year's toilet-flushing performance that Team3 posted -

Just to get that ego out of the building was worth the trade!

The Seahawks are now a football team again, not a weekly shrine to a moron who thinks he's the central focus of the universe -

Ride that horse, Denver!

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
At this point, it's easy to argue that even if they had only given up last year's 1st rd pick, we won that trade by a mile.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Maybe they did.

I mean, we clearly won the Deion Branch trade.

Mick063

Reaction score
Americans have become experts at rewriting history. Such fabrications are for the gullible, easily manipulated, and weak minded. Folks have become addicted to being told what they want to hear. The "information age" didn't really deliver on it's potential.

James in PA

Reaction score
We won it with Charles Cross alone. We got our LT for the next decade vs a declining QB who will be a backup or on a different team altogether by the start of the 2024 season.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I was always a RW fan and defender until he became dead to me for leaving. When that happened I began to look at and see things differently.
I still and always will appreciate the wins and trophy he was a contributor to.

When I began to see things under a different light I became aware of the problems that RW also brought into the mix.

IMO the bottom line is, he’s there not here.
His good no longer outweighed his negatives.

We won

When all is said and done, they may end up happy about the trade but we got all the good we were going to get out of him. It was time to move on.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
From the article:
From their 2022 picks from Denver, the Seahawks didn’t get too much production,

Apparently getting your starting left tackle who's looked perfectly comfortable from day 1 isn't all that productive. I'm guessing he needs to work on scoring more TD's or something.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If Payton can fix Russell and he balls out this season and over the remainder of his ridiculous contract?

Yeah, that'd sure help this not be the biggest lopsided fleecing in the history of the league.

But as of now? LOL.

rjdriver

Reaction score
We got:
1. Starting anchor at LT (Cross)
2. 2nd round edge rusher with potential (Mafe)
3. Starting DT (2022) (Harrison)
4. Starting Caliber TE (Fant)
5. Backup QB (Lock)
6. Best Corner in the 2024 draft. (Spoon)
7. Top 5 edge rusher in 2024 draft (Hall)
8. The ability to start a Pro Bowl QB in 2022 with a salary of 1.2 million.
9. The ability in 2023 to start a Pro Bowl QB coming off a playoff birth while saving 12 million in cap space compared to RW.
10. The ability to move on from said QB without penalty if he underperforms.

They got..

1. A five win QB whose fat ass gets sacked more than anyone.
2. A QB that will occupy 18% of their cap by 2024 and has 165m in guarantees.
3. Eyioma Uwazurike
4. A 5 game winning QB whose performance necessitated the hiring of Sean Payton costing them their 2023 1st round pick received for Chubb.

Yeah...The Broncos really fleeced us good.

Last edited:

cymatica

Reaction score
Americans have become experts at rewriting history. Such fabrications are for the gullible, easily manipulated, and weak minded. Folks have become addicted to being told what they want to hear. The "information age" didn't really deliver on it's potential.

I can think of so many examples of this in the last few years but listing them will get my post removed.

bileever

Reaction score
One number makes us the winner in the trade: 245,000,000. If we had that contract, we wouldn't be able to compete.

Note: edited to reflect the correct amount of RW's contract.

Last edited:

nanomoz

Reaction score
I saw that. It's nuts. There's half a dozen dudes on twitter that have kept on with this argument.

They need to be medicated. Full stop. It's full-on psychosis.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Trading Wilson even if Seattle didn’t get any players back is addition by subtraction.

You effectively remove a malcontent and the energy in the locker room is instantly better by not having a toxic presence.

But, since that isn’t how NFL trades goes and commodities are exchanged, Seattle, got so many future pieces and added talent to the roster for one disgruntled and seemingly washed up aging veteran.

I gotta say, if it is not in the 90 percentile that Seattle won this trade, then I don’t know what NFL football, you are watching.

Denver fans has always been somewhat irrational and dare I say, “delusional” but Denver has to fork over a ton of years and money, and they also lost a lot of confidence with their highly paid QB.

I remember when Denver fans believed they would easily walk all over Seattle in the Super Bowl, and we all know what happened.

It must be the thin air in Denver that has reduce the cognitive abilities of Denver fans to think logically and properly, and they are all crazy, if they believe Denver won the trade.

If you take an NFL poll across the country, Seattle wins the trade by 90 percent. Minimum. Easily.

Lol.

morgulon1

Reaction score
That should be a line in a movie narrated by Morgan Freeman