Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
theascension":xstr4h40 said:
SeaToTheHawks":xstr4h40 said:
Are you high? This loss hurts more than XL to me.
XL was a lot worse.

XL was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse. What a way to experience your first SB. It took me almost ten years to get over that screw job.

I'm already over this game. It was maybe the best SB of all time, we just didn't win it. That is worth something. And if it gets Bevell fired, that would be a hell of a silver lining.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Yea, this is nowhere near as bad as xl for me. I'm pretty much fine already. After xl I was legitly depressed for a few weeks.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The only good thing I can find about this game is that I won't be dropping hundreds of dollars on Super Bowl Champions gear that I can't afford. Still wish I was though.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I give up. The cheating Patriots hoist the Lombardi, and Godell will sweep it all under the rug for his buddy Kraft. I'm done.

Leave Bevell in Phoenix and let him hitchhike back to Seattle only to find he's been fired. Actually, that's not enough. Take all his stuff and burn it on the lawn of the VMAC.

Block everyone with less than 50 posts. Screw the Cheatriots.

Don't care about next year. Actually, thinking about next year gets me very angry. Salary cap era teams don't stay together. Our depth was shot today and it'll be worse next year. I give up. I cannot imagine a worse scenario than what happened today. Honestly, I'd have preferred a Patriots blowout to that garbage call at the end of the game.

I agree with other posters. This hurts worse than XL. That game was out of our control, it was a screw job from the start. We had the opportunity, with the most obvious play calls, to win this game with less than a minute on the clock and Bevell, who tends to get too cute for his own good, screws it up in epic fashion. If I was a player, I'd be livid. As a fan, I'm pissed. I've offered to sell my charter seats after not missing a game since October 12 1998 and still feel that way. The last time I reacted like this was when it seemed like Jim Mora was going to coach the Seahawks for a second season. Bevell must go. The coaching staff must be retooled, from top to bottom. Even then, I'm just so so so salty. It's unbelievable that we have three appearances and one win when we should have three wins at this point.

If there is any silver lining, and I don't think there is, it's that the NFL and Godell might actually come out and agree that the Patriots cheated -- but watch, they won't, precisely because they won, the filthy jerks. They did not deserve this game. They did not deserve to win. They are cheaters, and losers, and jerks, and have no class, just like their fans.

To me, that's the big travesty, just watch, the NFL won't want the win tarnished by big punishments for the freaking legacy best friends Kraft owned Patriots, so they'll sweep the whole thing under the rug. Six or eight years from now, when Godell is hopefully a faint and horrible memory, the truth will come out...

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
kearly":y3gml0ou said:
While you never want to lose a SB, there is something to be gained from being part of one of the best SBs of all time. Even though Seattle lost, this game will most likely help their legacy.

I like Jermaine Kearse. When he had that deep drop early in the 4th, I worried that he'd be the whipping boy after a brutal last minute loss. Instead he makes probably the 2nd most amazing catch in SB history, and sets up probably the most dramatic goal to go series in SB history.

Seeing 50 million FIRE BEVELL threads, I'm not gonna lie, that was a silver lining for me. That really was the worst play call in NFL history. I don't think Bevell gets fired, but he will never wash off that stink. Seahawks fans over the age of 10 will talk about that play the rest of their lives.

I Wouldn't be surprised if Carroll or Wilson owns up for that play after the game to protect their OC, but I won't believe them. That was classic Bevell, getting cute when the situation screams run the ball. That's not to say you should never pass in those situations, Seattle scored a TD on a situation like that earlier in the game. But in that situation, you have to run. It was the equivalent of having a clear lane to the basket down by one point, and kicking the ball out to the 3-point line instead because you think they won't expect it. Just insanely dumb.

I am stunned that a rookie safety sniffed that play out like he did. So the playcall was definitely unlucky. But really, no matter how you look at it, it was still terrible.

It was a nice coming out party for Matthews, but what this game really said was how amazing our offense could be with a Vincent Jackson type. The draft is coming up, there are some options in other areas to acquire a big WR. I was actually very encouraged by Wilson's potential in this game, they just need to get him a power forward to pass to.

The Hawks are still the best youngish team in the NFL by a wide margin, and I think the lessons learned from this game could perhaps benefit them in the next draft when looking at late round corners. We don't really have the kind of corners to stop super quick WRs.

Maybe it will hit me tomorrow, but this loss didn't hurt much. Maybe the best way to lose a game is to go from near certain victory to certain defeat instantly, sort of the fandom equivalent of a quick death. All I know is, the Seahawks just participated in a historically good SB, and that's pretty damn cool. It sucks knowing that we were robbed of legendary status with a bonehead playcall and an amazing defensive play, but this was still the 2nd best season our franchise has ever had, and for the most part, it was a fun ride.
God, you're right. Thanks.

drdiags

Reaction score
Geez Bocci, is that going to be your pre-amble for every post going forward?

I am not sure you can count on repeat visits to the SB, other teams are getting better as well as you can get worse due to roster changes. We will see what the future holds but I am not going to bank on a trip back to the SB. First they have to go about winning the division. It all starts anew beginning right now.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Geeze this just makes me miss K-money.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
It's not a good thing Kearly bailed but it is what it is. Not sure why this post was dug up . Speaking for myself I have put that game in the rearview mirror and will not get dragged into the what if speculation anymore it's over.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Why has a thread 28 months old magically emerge again?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You all can read it. However, there is already a thread on the "hangover"

Status
Not open for further replies.