Some thoughts that will make you feel better...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":3c2qbnqd said:
What pains me the most about this loss is Michael's fumble. I feel for him because he was running well and on that play fighting for the first down yardage, both hands on the ball and just got hit in a way that the ball came out. It happens, but people will tag him as butterfingers. I remember some RB named Lynch fumbling a few times in his career also.

That fumble was just the final straw of what was going on the entire day, continuing to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Every good play followed up with two bad ones, on both sides of the ball.

btw, I know it's hard to criticize the defense, only giving up 16 points in two weeks? But holy moly they let a bad QB and horrible offense off the hook so many times yesterday. Even the small things like letting the Rams drive to midfield before punting converting 3rd and long how many times? Which resulted in terrible field position changes all day.

Erebus

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":20q1rhjp said:
btw, I know it's hard to criticize the defense, only giving up 16 points in two weeks? But holy moly they let a bad QB and horrible offense off the hook so many times yesterday. Even the small things like letting the Rams drive to midfield before punting converting 3rd and long how many times? Which resulted in terrible field position changes all day.

That was probably the most agonizing part of the game for me. Every time we pinned them deep, we could've forced a 3 and out to get some field position for a much-needed FG. But we kept letting them get just enough to make us go 90 yards every time.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":vdiop3i0 said:
StoneCold":vdiop3i0 said:
What pains me the most about this loss is Michael's fumble. I feel for him because he was running well and on that play fighting for the first down yardage, both hands on the ball and just got hit in a way that the ball came out. It happens, but people will tag him as butterfingers. I remember some RB named Lynch fumbling a few times in his career also.

That fumble was just the final straw of what was going on the entire day, continuing to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Rams were 3 for 12 on 3rd downs.

dogorama

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2satv5aw said:
1) The Rams always play us tougher than any other team in the NFL.

No offense, but I am so tired of this being offered up as an excuse. The Seahawks play plenty of teams w/good defenses, the Rams defense isn't elite, they just have a couple of good players on the line. Just because there were some areas that weren't bad yesterday doesn't mean that you come away w/positives from yesterday's game, you can't, there is nothing positive to be gleaned from yesterday's game or last week's either. The problems the Seahawks are currently facing are systemic and they need to be addressed right now.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
dogorama":18qkduz7 said:
fenderbender123":18qkduz7 said:

No offense, but I am so tired of this being offered up as an excuse. The Seahawks play plenty of teams w/good defenses, the Rams defense isn't elite, they just have a couple of good players on the line. Just because there were some areas that weren't bad yesterday doesn't mean that you come away w/positives from yesterday's game, you can't, there is nothing positive to be gleaned from yesterday's game or last week's either. The problems the Seahawks are currently facing are systemic and they need to be addressed right now.

Is it really an excuse though? During the game they brought up the stat that under Russ we are 4-5 (now) against the Rams. They go great against divisional opponents and yet crap out against the rest of the league. This is fact.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
dogorama":3co3ojkq said:
fenderbender123":3co3ojkq said:

Absolutely agree with this.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
dogorama":21a1r4iu said:
fenderbender123":21a1r4iu said:

It's a matchup thing IMO, not a "Ram's just play us tougher" thing.

The Patriots score 45 pts on everyone, except the Jets. Bad matchup. Rodgers throws for 300 on everyone, except the Vikings. Bad matchup. The Steelers offense rolls all year long, except against the Ravens. Bad matchup.

Some teams just build their roster and schemes to beat their divisional rivals. That's what I see, a Ram's D that has been built to beat the crap out of our offense and stop Russell.

If we want it to change, then Pete has to stop being so stubborn and get more creative with how he offensively schemes with Bevell and Russell to find success............OR build his offense differently. You know, like spend more than a nickel on the O-line? Idk, call me crazy.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ipmzwkc said:
dogorama":2ipmzwkc said:
fenderbender123":2ipmzwkc said:

The Patriots score 45 pts on everyone, except the Jets. Bad matchup. Rodgers throws for 300 on everyone, except the Vikings. Bad matchup. The Steelers offense rolls all year long, except against the Ravens. Bad matchup.

Some teams just build their roster and schemes to beat their divisional rivals. That's what I see, a Ram's D that has been built to beat the crap out of our offense and stop Russell.

If we want it to change, then Pete has to stop being so stubborn and get more creative with how he offensively schemes with Bevell and Russell to find success............OR build his offense differently. You know, like spend more than a nickel on the O-line? Idk, call me crazy.

Agree except the matchup part. Aren't coaches paid millions of dollars to be able to identify strengths and weaknesses and develop an answer to these matchups? I can't see ANY semblance of an answer scheme wise to what the rams bring at all. We just continue to try to overpower a front seven without the personnel to do so. We are too talented to be held back by a lack of strategic vision.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":tf5jh7z6 said:
dogorama":tf5jh7z6 said:
fenderbender123":tf5jh7z6 said:

This actually makes sense. The Rams are ok being 8-8 every year so long as they can beat the Seahawks everytime they play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
johnnyfever":e6k7a3fs said:
We are too talented to be held back by a lack of strategic vision.

You really think this offense is too talented to be held back?

Cause other than a 100% fully healthy Russell Wilson, I don't see a whole lot of talent on offense.

- probably the worst O-line in the entire league
- two RB's that haven't done anything on a consistent basis except get hurt, fumble and show flashes of potential
- TE group that's small and don't really fit well with our run first offense, bad blockers each and every one
- Two above average WR's and the rest probably wouldn't make even the worst team's rosters in the league

I see an offense that can move the ball and score when fully healthy, line is finally gelling and playing with confidence and momentum. Unfortunately they have none of these things going right now. Line stinks, and everyone else is hurt.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
"It's a matchup thing?"

So we are just golden with setting our team up so it automatically loses to 1-2 games per year to a team in it's own division? That isn't a matchup thing, it is called stupidity.

But, when we lose to the 49ers at home, will it still then be a matchup thing or are we going to cling to the 7th string TE not being in and Procise not being healthy?

We are not going to lose them all, but Wilson is pretty clearly demonstrating that if he cannot freelance Bevell cannot compensate and call plays that work. Part is on the OL being a row of turnstyles, and part on lack of intelligence + competence on Bevell.

Now that we cannot use "It is because of 10am" as the excuse, and it is no longer preseason so the "No worries Bevell is just holding back being intentionally vanilla" excuse won't work, the two left are "its a matchup thing" and "Bevell takes the first 1/3 of the season to tinker with the roster before going on tear into the playoffs..."

Occam's razor, we suck at offense because the guy pulling the strings is subpar at his job.

mrt144

Reaction score
Erebus":1ilx5xgi said:
Also, losing to the Rams in 2014 did not prevent us from getting HFA.

Honest question for you all. If knowing that our loss to the Rams probably ensures Fisher's job security, is it worth it to lose one game a year to them just to keep the Rams mediocre and not a threat to win the division?

I wish we could meta game our offense as much as coaching decisions by opponents over the short term.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3qkuyeh8 said:
1) The Rams always play us tougher than any other team in the NFL. Not only does their defense constantly man-handle us, but their offense seems to ALWAYS play better than it usually does against us...even when guys like an aging Kellen Clemons are starting for them. They are able to constantly find soft spots in our zone to pick up first downs, grind the clock, and even score a couple times. Why? I don't know. But they do.

2) Our QB is playing through an injury. A lot of our offense relies on Russ being able to scramble. For the first time in pretty much his entire life, Russ's mobility was limited. His injury is either going to heal soon, or he's going to adjust to being a less mobile QB, and get better at it. It's been 1 week.

3) We were playing on the road. Did everyone forget how tough it is to win on the road in this league? In 2013, we had to get lucky to beat the Rams on the road. I think we were all okay with how that season turned out.

4) It's early in the season. Our team peaks in the middle/end of season every year under Pete. When we're rockin' and rollin' later in the season, you'll feel a lot better.

5) Everyone else in our division has 1 loss.

Twelve points last week.......Three points this Week...Our Run game is on a downward trend and that's a little disturbing.
Given that we don't have a healthy passing attack because Wilson isn't anywhere close to 100%, where are we suppose to be finding assurance that we won't be continuing down the same lackluster path?

andyh64000

Reaction score
StoneCold":3avzlv05 said:
Sgt. Largent":3avzlv05 said:
StoneCold":3avzlv05 said:

Rams were 3 for 12 on 3rd downs.

We are 0 - 4 in turnovers this year. How in the world has the defense not caused a single turnover? -2 turnover margin per game, a hobbled mobile quarterback, a green and injured offensive line (that is still playing better than they were at this point last season)...it is remarkable we are even 1-1 and were that lose to being 2-0.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":4gn3ocoh said:
fenderbender123":4gn3ocoh said:
1) The Rams always play us tougher than any other team in the NFL. Not only does their defense constantly man-handle us, but their offense seems to ALWAYS play better than it usually does against us...even when guys like an aging Kellen Clemons are starting for them. They are able to constantly find soft spots in our zone to pick up first downs, grind the clock, and even score a couple times. Why? I don't know. But they do.

2) Our QB is playing through an injury. A lot of our offense relies on Russ being able to scramble. For the first time in pretty much his entire life, Russ's mobility was limited. His injury is either going to heal soon, or he's going to adjust to being a less mobile QB, and get better at it. It's been 1 week.

3) We were playing on the road. Did everyone forget how tough it is to win on the road in this league? In 2013, we had to get lucky to beat the Rams on the road. I think we were all okay with how that season turned out.

4) It's early in the season. Our team peaks in the middle/end of season every year under Pete. When we're rockin' and rollin' later in the season, you'll feel a lot better.

Twelve points last week.......Three points this Week...Our Run game is on a downward trend and that's a little disturbing.
Given that we don't have a healthy passing attack because Wilson isn't anywhere close to 100%, where are we suppose to be finding assurance that we won't be continuing down the same lackluster path?
Just look back to the last 4 years and you'll find your answer. Instead of ragging on our coaches, you'd think our fanbase would realize how good they've been over that time period at making the necessary adjustments so that every facet of our team is hitting on all cylinders heading down the stretch. Russ is going to get healthy, our line will bond sufficiently, our defense will find that turnover magic and the Seahawks will maintain there status as an NFC elite.

mrt144

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1i31nc03 said:
scutterhawk":1i31nc03 said:
fenderbender123":1i31nc03 said:

Just look back to the last 4 years and you'll find your answer. Instead of ragging on our coaches, you'd think our fanbase would realize how good they've been over that time period at making the necessary adjustments so that every facet of our team is hitting on all cylinders heading down the stretch. Russ is going to get healthy, our line will bond sufficiently, our defense will find that turnover magic and the Seahawks will maintain there status as an NFC elite.

And we'll need to win 7 straight games to make the playoffs. Sure that's exciting but it's also damning that the coaching staff puts them in such a high variance situation to begin with.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":1qwu9oa0 said:
Siouxhawk":1qwu9oa0 said:
scutterhawk":1qwu9oa0 said:
fenderbender123":1qwu9oa0 said:

And we'll need to win 7 straight games to make the playoffs. Sure that's exciting but it's also damning that the coaching staff puts them in such a high variance situation to begin with.
My take is that our coaching staff PUTS US IN POSITION to win those 7 straight games and beyond. History tells us that.

StoneCold

Reaction score
mrt144":1n8nnj6b said:

Is you trolling? This is not up to your usual posting standard.

I find it odd that we're worrying about the last 7 games, firing coaches, running Pete out of town and we've only played two games.

To all the nervous Nellies. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM. (repeat)

mrt144

Reaction score
I don't like that our offensive philosophy is so reactive and slow. You're also clinging to the belief that because of what happened in the past will happen in the future. Hopefully you're right but you're ignoring an underlying problem based on expected rectification. If I came to your house and made a mess every time yet almost always cleaned it up would you be okay with the fact I made a mess every time cause I'm such a diligent cleaner. Maybe I shouldn't be making messes in the first place that require superhuman effort to rectify.