Somethings wrong. Not excited for Seahawks football season

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawksfan28":1e5lqgv8 said:
I have felt the same way since XLIX. I have dreaded the football season because of all the reminders of that game.

Most people say "Get over it" or "It's a new season" and whatever, but it just was such a let down.

I mean to be on the door step of true greatness with a chance to really knock on the door immortality this year, then to essentially hand a 4th championship to the one player in the NFL I loathe the most (even more than Big Ben) just really stuck with me.

Our window is not closed, so there's still a chance for "true greatness."

If we can grab another SB or two in the next five years with this core group? I don't think anyone would complain.

I'm really shocked by some of what I'm seeing on this thread. Are there just a lot of young people who don't remember what it was like during the 2-14 years?

This is a great time to be a Hawks fan my friends.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":30ustuqn said:
jkitsune":30ustuqn said:
I definitely feel the same way, but it's mostly because the last meaningful football game that was played was XLIX. I still can't watch the Seahawks without feeling twinges from that game.

I'm sure it will go away once the real games start.

That they will.......But this will help....GO HAWKS.

[youtube]dF1PKs-3eQ0[/youtube]

If that doesn't do the trick, I don't know what would...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Bunch of negative nancies. This team is loaded. Only thing that can derail it is the injury bug

HawkEye

Reaction score
Finally, someone said it! I am feeling the same way here.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
One thing I don't like, I miss the brashness of this team. I love being hated and our defense needs to go back to pissing people off. Sherman needs to run his mouth and our players need to act as if nobody wants to come their direction... :thfight7:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'll admit my excitement is much lower than it typically is, here are my reasons:

1) The end of the SB was devastating, and perhaps my way to deal with it, was pull back from football almost completely and distract myself with other things. So normally by this time I would be much more involved than I am right now.

2) The offseason for the Hawks outside of the Graham trade has been pretty bad: Marshawn restructure again, RW contract drawn out and painful, Wagner contract drawn out due to the RW contract, Irvin unhappy, Bennett Unhappy, Kam STILL holding out. C-Mike looking like a bust, O-Line still a liability.

3) Preseason has been less exciting because the battles are for depth vs starting jobs as others have stated, and it also doesn't help that C-Mike is proving to be a bust. Lastly, although preseason, we're watching the Hawks lose still. SB loss, 2 preseason losses. These past few years have made us pretty spoiled, winning SB, winning overall, and heck even winning preseason when it didn't matter.

So those are my reasons. I think watching the Hawks play well this next preseason game (and hopefully winning) will help peak my interest a little more for this preseason. But IM excited for the first regular season gaame regardless.

Gavin

StoneCold

Reaction score
Never been more excited for an upcoming season. Even with the way the SB ended and the offseason contract shenanigans..No actually because of the way the SB ended and the offseason noise, I'm really looking forward to this year. If Kam doesn't come in will one of the new guys step up. I thought DeShawn Shead looked very athletic playing corner. Raw yes, but he has some serious springs. Earl and Sherm both injured, can they come back, do they have the will to go through another hard season? Our front 7 looks to be a monster and is going to keep us in every game. Our offense has me worried, but I'm psyched to see how Gilliam works out and Britt was blowing people up at LG. But as a unit the Offense hasn't moved the ball with any confidence. Definitely a work in progress. There are questions. Questions only the games will answer. I can't wait for it to start. I think it's going to be another year of great stories.

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3djvugn4 said:
seahawksfan28":3djvugn4 said:
I have felt the same way since XLIX. I have dreaded the football season because of all the reminders of that game.

Most people say "Get over it" or "It's a new season" and whatever, but it just was such a let down.

I mean to be on the door step of true greatness with a chance to really knock on the door immortality this year, then to essentially hand a 4th championship to the one player in the NFL I loathe the most (even more than Big Ben) just really stuck with me.

Our window is not closed, so there's still a chance for "true greatness."

If we can grab another SB or two in the next five years with this core group? I don't think anyone would complain.

I'm really shocked by some of what I'm seeing on this thread. Are there just a lot of young people who don't remember what it was like during the 2-14 years?

This is a great time to be a Hawks fan my friends.

No I remember when they were horrible, but can't it still hurt to lose like that? That's my only point.

Would another ring make the sting go away, for sure. But i'd rather be on the 1 yard line to win a SB like we were vs. having to go through another season where anything could happen to win another.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":1rb7uv2x said:
I sort of feel the same way. We've never seen as many dark clouds hanging over a team to start the year, between the OL flux and the injuries and holdouts in the LOB. All made much worse by the fact that arguably the two nastiest games kick off our schedule.

The Seahawks, in a best case scenario, are good enough to go 19-0. They are that talented. But they are vulnerable enough in some areas to go 10-6.

Emotionally, I am bracing for a tough season. But then again, I remember a whole lot of people being down on the team in August of 2005. And in the year this thing really turned around - 2011 - most of us completely bought into the national hype that Seattle was a frontrunner for Andrew Luck. Remember how we felt when the team was 3-3 last year? This team has pleasantly surprised us before.

AT least for me it has nothing to do with dark clouds or pessemism. Its more just that I dont seem to care as much as I once did. I still think we're going 19-0 and winning the Super Bowl.

I dont know, maybe i'm the old veteran who has gotten his ring and is no longer as hungry.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":zzwo6bt1 said:
I dont know, maybe i'm the old veteran who has gotten his ring and is no longer as hungry.

Explains the Oregon excitement then ;)

Tical21

Reaction score
I felt this way last year. Just wasn't ready for the season to start. For me, I think it had a lot to do with playing in the Super Bowl. The offseason just seems so much shorter. I just didn't get hungry enough for football. I'm much more jacked this year than I was last year. I think we're going to be REALLY good. Our pass rush could be ridiculous. Our run D scares me a little. What if Lockett is a game changer? What if Jimmy Graham is all-world for us? We might just be too much for people.

The most interesting storyline for me right now is to see how our defense adjusts. Our cover-3 has gotten so much publicity that you know teams on our schedule have been working on their cover-3 beaters. We're not going to be able to play base cover-3 forever. How stubborn are we going to be?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Tical21":2kaprxjm said:
I felt this way last year. Just wasn't ready for the season to start. For me, I think it had a lot to do with playing in the Super Bowl. The offseason just seems so much shorter. I just didn't get hungry enough for football. I'm much more jacked this year than I was last year. I think we're going to be REALLY good. Our pass rush could be ridiculous. Our run D scares me a little. What if Lockett is a game changer? What if Jimmy Graham is all-world for us? We might just be too much for people.

The most interesting storyline for me right now is to see how our defense adjusts. Our cover-3 has gotten so much publicity that you know teams on our schedule have been working on their cover-3 beaters. We're not going to be able to play base cover-3 forever. How stubborn are we going to be?

That topic could be a thread of it's own, and a good one.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":xixh2fsa said:
JSeahawks":xixh2fsa said:

Go have a drink with your coach man. :thirishdrinkers: Being 0-5 verse the ducks has driven him to drink.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawksfan28":36vcy4hj said:
No I remember when they were horrible, but can't it still hurt to lose like that? That's my only point.

Would another ring make the sting go away, for sure. But i'd rather be on the 1 yard line to win a SB like we were vs. having to go through another season where anything could happen to win another.

I guess I see it like the players do. Hell yeah that stung, that hurt like hell...............so lets start the 2015 season ASAP so we can get this nasty taste out of our mouths with some meaningful football.

That's sports, 99.999% of the time it's not going to end well for your team. So to be afraid of failure because that's what happened last year? I can't buy into that defeatist attitude. Let's roll bitches.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":xdoszadv said:
JSeahawks":xdoszadv said:
It's wierd. I dont even know why. I havnt even watched the first two preseason games. I've always been excited and stoked for the season to start. Even when we were coming off a 2-14 season. For whatever reason I just cant get into it this year. I'm excited for college football. Can't wait to see my Ducks. But for some reason i'm just not feeling very passionate about the Seahawks right now, who have always been far and away the most important team or franchise that i root for. Hopefully it kicks in once the real games start.

Anybody else ever felt this way? Might need to lay down on Coach Carroll's couch for some counseling to get pumped and jacked.

Low T. Call Dr. Arakaki at Universal Men's Health Clinic. You'll be feeling like your old self in no time, J. He can help get you pumped for your ram game and the Rams game.
LOL, I hate those commercials.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2uxlg5na said:
Hasselbeck":2uxlg5na said:
JSeahawks":2uxlg5na said:

Go have a drink with your coach man. :thirishdrinkers: Being 0-5 verse the ducks has driven him to drink.
He's a USC fan?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Last year felt like we had no off season, this year it feels like the off season will never end

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2pxmhrm4 said:
kearly":2pxmhrm4 said:
I sort of feel the same way. We've never seen as many dark clouds hanging over a team to start the year, between the OL flux and the injuries and holdouts in the LOB. All made much worse by the fact that arguably the two nastiest games kick off our schedule.

The Seahawks, in a best case scenario, are good enough to go 19-0. They are that talented. But they are vulnerable enough in some areas to go 10-6.

Emotionally, I am bracing for a tough season. But then again, I remember a whole lot of people being down on the team in August of 2005. And in the year this thing really turned around - 2011 - most of us completely bought into the national hype that Seattle was a frontrunner for Andrew Luck. Remember how we felt when the team was 3-3 last year? This team has pleasantly surprised us before.

AT least for me it has nothing to do with dark clouds or pessemism. Its more just that I dont seem to care as much as I once did. I still think we're going 19-0 and winning the Super Bowl.

I think it's a peculiar brand of Seahawks Old Timer syndrome. I've got it too. It took us 38 seasons to finally win a Superbowl, and 20 of those felt like being the youngest son in complete desperation mode, trying to get over the hump and get some recognition.

Then we got over the hump and were looking at a possible repeat, so I was still amped up for last season. If we had won this past season and were looking a a first ever three-peat, I'm sure I'd be at my usual pre-season excitement/stress levels. As it is, I'm just not as vested in the outcome as I have been previously. Now, if we win the Superbowl this year, then it just might reset my "hopes and dreams" clock and I'll get that pre-season mojo back next year. I'm sure once the season starts I'll be back and in it this year, but until then I'm just kinda "meh".