Somethings wrong. Not excited for Seahawks football season

hawknation2015

Reaction score
There is a feeling that the franchise reached the absolute pinnacle of its success when it reach the one-yard line. On the verge of back to back Super Bowls, beating Bill Belichick, and claiming the title of Dynasty. But it was all for naught.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
JSeahawks":27484jtc said:
Hasselbeck":27484jtc said:
JSeahawks":27484jtc said:
I dont know, maybe i'm the old veteran who has gotten his ring and is no longer as hungry.

Explains the Oregon excitement then ;)

Go have a drink with your coach man. :thirishdrinkers: Being 0-5 verse the ducks has driven him to drink.

Funny.. I'm the same as you but reversed - super excited about my Hawks but kinda 'meh' about my Ducks. :shock:

kearly

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1dzk9l1v said:
kearly":1dzk9l1v said:
I sort of feel the same way. We've never seen as many dark clouds hanging over a team to start the year, between the OL flux and the injuries and holdouts in the LOB. All made much worse by the fact that arguably the two nastiest games kick off our schedule.

Dark clouds to start the year?

How bout our owner's moving vans taking our team to California?

How bout our starting QB being named Stan Gelbaugh?

I could named MANY more years WAY worse than being the front running team LOADED with talent set to make another SB run with the best FO in football, and finally an elite QB at the helm entering his prime.

Have some perspective people, these are the salad days.........enjoy them.

I should have been more specific, I was thinking in terms of post realignment.

kearly

Reaction score
Tical21":1rzjxpbu said:
I felt this way last year. Just wasn't ready for the season to start. For me, I think it had a lot to do with playing in the Super Bowl. The offseason just seems so much shorter. I just didn't get hungry enough for football. I'm much more jacked this year than I was last year. I think we're going to be REALLY good. Our pass rush could be ridiculous. Our run D scares me a little. What if Lockett is a game changer? What if Jimmy Graham is all-world for us? We might just be too much for people.

The most interesting storyline for me right now is to see how our defense adjusts. Our cover-3 has gotten so much publicity that you know teams on our schedule have been working on their cover-3 beaters. We're not going to be able to play base cover-3 forever. How stubborn are we going to be?

For me, it is less a case of pessimism and more about concern of the unknown. If Seattle dominates their first two games it would change the way I feel about the season dramatically.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Whatever your hormone problems are..We are NOT going 0-2 to start the season!

mrt144

Reaction score
The fear of disappointment is perhaps the biggest zapper of enthusiasm out there. I was very nervous the entire season because there were some self imposed expectations of how good we should be and what it would mean if we didn't go back to the Superbowl.

Given the calamity of the final minute of play it's hard not to brace yourself for disappointment and have that extend to the entire season.

The one thought that keeps me going is that this is an extension of the body of work by Pete and John and the players they've brought in and who have grown here. Yeah, I've kind of already set my glasses to "nostalgia" at this point. We'll look back at this era and never shut up about how good these times were until the next good times.

And if all else fails for the Hawks I can at least hope for a repeat by the Buckeyes.

Rocket

Reaction score
I agree... my pump is a bit jacked up with all the damn sit-out talk.
BUT, only a bit. Once we get real ball and EVERYONE is out on the field (31, this means you) it'll return, but I must admit that I haven't got the usual INTENSE spark once the preseason starts.
Hope it's just my jacked up pump, eh?

kearly":3134lmav said:
For me, it is less a case of pessimism and more about concern of the unknown. If Seattle dominates their first two games it would change the way I feel about the season dramatically.

As usual, Kearly nails it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
A lot of this reads like people just thinking this level of success can't be sustained and perhaps this is the season that they regress.

I'll deal with that when it happens. Too much to hope for right now. Three straight, 2/3 (that'd be 2-2 for you, lvingindenialzone) and a year of experience for these questionable d-line converts.

Sack up, folks! Get your game face on and get loud.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It's not as exciting anymore because the chase is always more exciting than the end.

We are at the end, top of the chain, it's now routine.

Guess it's like chasing a girl, fun part is the chase.

kearly

Reaction score
mrt144":13qw0pq8 said:
The fear of disappointment is perhaps the biggest zapper of enthusiasm out there.

Well said.

bryantology79

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3kfshq9n said:
It's not as exciting anymore because the chase is always more exciting than the end.

We are at the end, top of the chain, it's now routine.

Guess it's like chasing a girl, fun part is the chase.

then its time to chase a new girl.

yeah its been a long offseason that dragged after the abrupt and shitty ending of XLIX. the contracts and various $ drama kinda soured the preseason, but come on, this is the empire strikes back year!!!

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
To be honest, I kind of understand the OP's point of view. I have felt blah during the preseason games, but that's no surprise. I've lost more and more interest in the pre-season every year to the point that I am starting to lean toward to side of reducing it. Formerly, I was 100% against changing how it works.

Anyway, I have never been more pumped for a season than in 2013. Something was telling me that it was going to be a special year. In 2014, I was pumped for the season, went to the opener (which was special because of the unveiling of the SB banner), and was pumped all year. However, I didn't feel as in to it this past year as I did in 2013. Don't get me wrong, I was going hard in the paint last year, just noticeably not as much as 2013.

After the SB and that punch in the gut, I've felt conflicted all off season. Then with our distractions, especially the Wilson contract, it's made the offseason very painful and drag. I've had no interest in this preseason, and the Kam situation is killing me. I have no doubt that when the pre-season ends and the regular season approaches, that I'll be going hard as usual, but I still have that feeling of stepping down a little, and if Kam's not back that will be eating at me.

The whole feeling is so strange, because I, like most of us here, have been through some rough years, but kept excitement up going in to every season and through the season. Who remembers 2008-2011 in terrible losing seasons, still screaming and shouting in every game till it was over? Those were good times, BUT I will totally take these winning years over it, even if I feel like I'm losing interest. Maybe all this success is creating the subconscious expectation of guaranteed continued success, which takes the mystery out of everything and thus reduces interest? I don't know. Sorry for rambling lol.

pmedic920

Reaction score
This year is nothing like last year was, for me.

I think my subconscious is worried about this ride coming to an end. My subconscious thinks if this season don't start, we can't get beat down.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think it's because we have transcended being a challenger and now are the hunted, we know were a good team, we have few questions about who is going to play where other then the O Line starters (not a flashy position) little controversy other then Kam's hold out, we have little to know talk coming from anyone saying were going to do anything other then compete.

Bland really for an off season. The highlights are Lockett and Clark, but we have seen little to date, but our expectations were that they would be what they have shown also, not a wow factor in so much of cool they did what we wanted them to.

RussB

Reaction score
pshhhh you kidding right? Hawks are about to light shit up after that SB loss. You think the LOB is just going to roll over after that? . they are going make a statement this season and win and win another SB just watch.

:icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :nonodallas: :49ersmall: :ramssmall-2: :tardssmall:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wow.

I thought I was the resident pessimist.

It is possible to watch and enjoy great football even if we don't get to a SB.

The gap narrowed but that happens when a team does as well as the Seahawks have. Look around the league and see just how much Seahawk talent & expertise are in key areas of other teams.

I believe the Eagles have both corners from our roster, Thurmond & Maxwell. You have the Saints that tried to fix their defense by bringing in Browner, who himself is a key to how the Patriots went to and won the SB last year.

Jags have one of our former coaches, and now so do the Hawks, which look night & day better in defense.

In the meantime, we have been lucky to have watched one of the greatest secondaries in NFL history (based on both the measurables AND the #s) in person. After years and years of crappy football we are still fortunate to see:

(And oh yeah, our defense is one of the better defenses in NFL history too)

1 - A dominant DL

2 - One of the best LB corps in the country

3 - A HOF caliber runningback that is recognized as such by even most opposing fans. One of the most exciting players to watch in the game.

4 - A QB that has been to 2 SuperBowls in 3 years, and won one.

5 - One of the better front offices and one of the best coaching staffs out there.

So not to blow sunshine up your *ss because we have gaps in the armor now - but this is still a hell of a team. And there is still a very good chance this team ends up winning through the playoffs, it just is not the given it was last year and the year before.

(That happens when your guys get the ring but now realize they have a limited amount of time to get their earning potential in place along with their brand)

I don't know we will win it all this year, not having an OL seems an odd thing to just think you have offset - but I think we will have a damned good shot and still be one of the better teams in the league. Not sure what else we think we have a right to expect over time.

chris98251

Reaction score
I should have added something to that post, while it has been bland I am waiting for that moment that ignites things, whether it's Wilson throwing 70 bomb to Graham or Lockett, the Defense sends a statement for the season to come, something.

Smellyman

Reaction score
JSeahawks":17zctotw said:
It's wierd. I dont even know why. I havnt even watched the first two preseason games. I've always been excited and stoked for the season to start. Even when we were coming off a 2-14 season. For whatever reason I just cant get into it this year. I'm excited for college football. Can't wait to see my Ducks.

Well you have issues far beyond a message board plea can help.

lobotomy perhaps?

chris98251

Reaction score
Smellyman":2co7532o said:
JSeahawks":2co7532o said:
It's wierd. I dont even know why. I havnt even watched the first two preseason games. I've always been excited and stoked for the season to start. Even when we were coming off a 2-14 season. For whatever reason I just cant get into it this year. I'm excited for college football. Can't wait to see my Ducks.

Well you have issues far beyond a message board plea can help.

lobotomy perhaps?

He just needs to add dressing to his problem, stuffed Duck and all will be good !

j/k J :)