Sonics/NHL/New arena thread

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
No, it's not because Ballmer is out that this thing is dead.

It's because Ballmer deciding to go another direction probably indicates that Silver told him to forget Seattle since Seattle won't be getting a team for years. Probably decades.

Which is fine if some intrepid businessman wants to try a hockey-only arena in the area, but not so fine if this doesn't happen.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1kuucwne said:
No, it's not because Ballmer is out that this thing is dead.

It's because Ballmer deciding to go another direction probably indicates that Silver told him to forget Seattle since Seattle won't be getting a team for years. Probably decades.

Which is fine if some intrepid businessman wants to try a hockey-only arena in the area, but not so fine if this doesn't happen.

QFT

The only thing the NBA would like more than having Ballmer in the league is having Ballmer and Ellison in the league. If a Seattle expansion was on the table anytime soon I'd assume the NBA would tell Ballmer.

The MIRACLE situation: NBA tells Ballmer they are declining his purchase and awarding him an expansion team for 1billion, and selling the team to the Ellison group for 1.6 billion :D

Throwdown

Reaction score
The league doesn't want Ellison in anyway shape or form, that dude is shunned something serious, like they literally hate that man.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Throwdown":2sxxfclz said:
The league doesn't want Ellison in anyway shape or form, that dude is shunned something serious, like they literally hate that man.

I mean it certainly seems like it, I just hope its not the case; hansen's bid highest twice now? :? (Sac, Mil)

completely unrelated, but i was looking at forbes billionaires because of this and Ellison made 720 million dollars today :cry:

dunceface

Reaction score
*sigh* [slowly looks off into the distance with an ever shrinking glimmer of hope in my eye]

dunceface

Reaction score
Throwdown":h8uzed04 said:
dunceface":h8uzed04 said:
*sigh* [slowly looks off into the distance with an ever shrinking glimmer of hope in my eye]

WE GOT THAT LOMBARDI THOOOOO!
eddie_murphy_wtf_gif0rq83_zpsbd3c5c36.gif

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":3ajtcjsa said:
dunceface":3ajtcjsa said:

WE GOT THAT LOMBARDI THOOOOO!
Heh heeeehh heheeeeeeeeeehhhhh! :lol: :th2thumbs:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Public records show that the man behind the Seattle Arena project has made an even bigger play for land in the SoDo neighborhood.

In May, as Steve Ballmer was readying a bid for the LA Clippers, Chris Hansen signed documents to make his biggest purchase ever for his SoDo project.

On May 19, Hansen signed a "Memorandum of Option to Purchase" for roughly five acres of property south of South Holgate street, adjacent to land he already owns. The deal, for 1900 Occidental Avenue, allows for Hansen to have the right of first refusal on purchasing the property, and is considered the precursor to finalizing the deal. The land would be the biggest parcel in the Hansen portfolio, stretching from Holgate Street, almost to Lander, and across the street from the nearby Starbucks Center.

"We now control the land," says Hansen's real estate consultant Bill Vipond, who says that the Arena backer paid an undisclosed amount for the option.

He has so far spent almost $65 million, in cash, for several pieces of land near 1st Avenue South and Occidental. The piece of property, involved in this latest transaction, has an appraised value of around $10,500,000. Vipond says Hansen has already agreed to a final sale price for the new piece, although it will remain undisclosed.

It will likely be for significantly more than the appraised value of the property, based on market conditions, and the fact that Hansen paid roughly $21 million in 2011 for his first piece of property, south of Safeco Field. At the time, it's appraised value was less than that.

On Monday, Hansen declined comment on the new purchase.

He has publicly talked about his admiration for the "LA Live" entertainment complex in Los Angeles. But Hansen could also be taking needed steps to satisfy any questions about traffic mitigation and parking. The project is currently undergoing a city environmental review, which is scheduled to be completed near the end of the summer.

0609hansen-land2.jpg

http://www.king5.com/news/cities/seattl ... 11301.html

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":krn5gmq3 said:
Public records show that the man behind the Seattle Arena project has made an even bigger play for land in the SoDo neighborhood.

In May, as Steve Ballmer was readying a bid for the LA Clippers, Chris Hansen signed documents to make his biggest purchase ever for his SoDo project.

On May 19, Hansen signed a "Memorandum of Option to Purchase" for roughly five acres of property south of South Holgate street, adjacent to land he already owns. The deal, for 1900 Occidental Avenue, allows for Hansen to have the right of first refusal on purchasing the property, and is considered the precursor to finalizing the deal. The land would be the biggest parcel in the Hansen portfolio, stretching from Holgate Street, almost to Lander, and across the street from the nearby Starbucks Center.

"We now control the land," says Hansen's real estate consultant Bill Vipond, who says that the Arena backer paid an undisclosed amount for the option.

He has so far spent almost $65 million, in cash, for several pieces of land near 1st Avenue South and Occidental. The piece of property, involved in this latest transaction, has an appraised value of around $10,500,000. Vipond says Hansen has already agreed to a final sale price for the new piece, although it will remain undisclosed.

It will likely be for significantly more than the appraised value of the property, based on market conditions, and the fact that Hansen paid roughly $21 million in 2011 for his first piece of property, south of Safeco Field. At the time, it's appraised value was less than that.

On Monday, Hansen declined comment on the new purchase.

He has publicly talked about his admiration for the "LA Live" entertainment complex in Los Angeles. But Hansen could also be taking needed steps to satisfy any questions about traffic mitigation and parking. The project is currently undergoing a city environmental review, which is scheduled to be completed near the end of the summer.

0609hansen-land2.jpg

http://www.king5.com/news/cities/seattl ... 11301.html
BUT BUT BUT BALLMER IS GONE!!

Seriously, anyone who doubted Hansen after Ballmer bought the clippers is an idiot

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3jmh373c said:

This senile moron is not helping his case that he's got all his faculties with this on-again, off-again stuff.

Re: Having faith in Hansen. I don't see an NHL team here, and that's because I also don't see an NBA team here. So while I like the guy and hope he pulls it off, he's got to actually be successful in getting a team here before I show faith in his ability to get things done because he's 0-for-1 right now.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3ecczy70 said:
Hawkfan77":3ecczy70 said:

This senile moron is not helping his case that he's got all his faculties with this on-again, off-again stuff.

Re: Having faith in Hansen. I don't see an NHL team here, and that's because I also don't see an NBA team here. So while I like the guy and hope he pulls it off, he's got to actually be successful in getting a team here before I show faith in his ability to get things done because he's 0-for-1 right now.
So you won't show any faith in Hansen getting the NBA here until he gets the NBA here?

Got it...

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2peonxjt said:
Smelly McUgly":2peonxjt said:
Hawkfan77":2peonxjt said:

So you won't show any faith in Hansen getting the NBA here until he gets the NBA here?

Got it...

No, I won't show any faith in Hansen because he already botched one attempt badly by being as transparent about his intentions as possible. He clearly did not know who he was dealing with and failed. So, you know, get excited about him buying land as if that means anything if you want, but we've seen him fail with one team already.

86Hawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3sdidkob said:
Hawkfan77":3sdidkob said:
Smelly McUgly":3sdidkob said:
Hawkfan77":3sdidkob said:

Got it...

No, I won't show any faith in Hansen because he already botched one attempt badly by being as transparent about his intentions as possible. He clearly did not know who he was dealing with and failed. So, you know, get excited about him buying land as if that means anything if you want, but we've seen him fail with one team already.
Hansen didn't botch anything. He got the shaft from david stern. He got involved with the s##t pile that is known as the nba. It's no surprise he came out with some s##t on his sleeves.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":dvh8ms38 said:
That's the most ridiculous take I've ever seen on what went down with the Kings... :roll:

But sure keep believing in lies if that's what you want to do. Sometimes, people don't care about the truth

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2qbq57m4 said:
Smelly McUgly":2qbq57m4 said:
That's the most ridiculous take I've ever seen on what went down with the Kings... :roll:

But sure keep believing in lies if that's what you want to do. Sometimes, people don't care about the truth

No, it's just a take that you don't want to hear because it makes you feel bad about not having the Sonics.

The truth is that Hansen botched things, and now there's no team for sale that he can possibly move unless the city does not give that team an arena deal. The NBA will always prefer the city that gives a ransom for an arena to keep their team. Hansen needed to pretend that he would stay in Sacramento and then yank them because that's pretty clearly the M.O. the NBA works under.

I know you don't like it, but you'll get over it, sunshine. So Hansen's plan, while more honest, was far less successful. He's 0-for-1, and buying up some more land doesn't change that.