Sonics/NHL/New arena thread

dunceface

Reaction score
Can we do some fun stuff like guess what the hockey team would be named?

Seattle Beastquakes?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Seattle Killer Whales, or maybe the LOB.

m0ng0

Reaction score
dunceface":rfow8ar0 said:
Can we do some fun stuff like guess what the hockey team would be named?

Seattle Beastquakes?

The Portlandia Hippies has a nice ring....

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Well, we have an aerospace-based team name (Sonics), a native-themed team name/logo (Seahawks), and a fishing/shipping-based name (Mariners).

I would say let's try a tech-based team name/logo, but there isn't one that's any good that I can think of. We could try a sea-life themed name, but I like Orcas the most and that's already part of the Canucks' logo.

I wouldn't be averse to Evergreens as a PNW topography-themed name. I also would be fine with calling them the Metropolitans after Seattle's former Stanley Cup winner.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
"Seattle IceHawks" got to admit it has a nice ring to it...

chris98251

Reaction score
Seattle Incompetents,

Off the Political leadership of the City and State.

Or Seattle PotHoles.

Although I liked the Seattle Reign name also.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":1wusdsqa said:
Seattle Incompetents,

Off the Political leadership of the City and State.

Or Seattle PotHoles.

Although I liked the Seattle Reign name also.
Like the first 2, 3rd one is a reach though. 8)

The "pot holes" can have a double meaning. :)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Please, please, please, please, please don't be jerkin' my chain here: http://thehockeywriters.com/seattle-nhl-expansion-announcement-happen-within-weeks/

I really hate getting my hopes up. I really do. Still, I can't help getting a bit excited over the prospect.

And as for that $275 million? I'd absolutely love it if they offered it up to common joes as stock-type purchases, like the Green Bay Packers. Raise the money easily, and let us all own a part of it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I just want the arena built, an arena going up would really go a long way in the NBA's eyes if it comes down to Seattle Vs. Milwaukee for the Bucks

God I hope it gets announced to us

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3nbnxvql said:
Please, please, please, please, please don't be jerkin' my chain here: http://thehockeywriters.com/seattle-nhl-expansion-announcement-happen-within-weeks/

I really hate getting my hopes up. I really do. Still, I can't help getting a bit excited over the prospect.

And as for that $275 million? I'd absolutely love it if they offered it up to common joes as stock-type purchases, like the Green Bay Packers. Raise the money easily, and let us all own a part of it.
I'm with ya, and once the NHL is here, for those interested the Sonics, that won't be that far behind IMHO.

Great news for those of us that want NHL Hockey here! :)

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Seahawk Sailor":19dtg474 said:

My body is ready.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Throwdown":3um4y5sl said:
Sounds like Ballmer is the would be owner of an expansion team in Seattle

PA is the would be owner of the Portland team. Who is more likely to land a team given that scenario? I would really love for both to land a team and get some of the wasted teams out of places they arent appreciated.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would say let's try a tech-based team name/logo, but there isn't one that's any good that I can think of.

Only thing I could think of is the Seattle Borg, Virus doesm't work and Data is bleh, Blue Screen of Death to long. Monopoly hmmm.