Sounders Season Thread ***YEDLIN SOLD***

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Sounders with two chances for the supporters shield in the next two weeks. A loss in game 1 doesn't put us out but a win wins it for us. We are in the drivers seat.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Smurf":3vrkls2i said:
Uncle Si":3vrkls2i said:
SeatownJay":3vrkls2i said:
Yep, both Seattle and Portland announce USL Pro teams today, Sounders 2 and Timbers 2. Sounders 2 will be run in conjunction with the Sounders Community Trust and Timbers 2 with the 1975 Trust.

http://www.soundersfc.com/post/2014/10/ ... nders-fc-2
http://www.timbers.com/t2/2014/10/portl ... ro-team-t2

Nice step in their Developmental Academy, shows stability of the organization. Most (might be close to all now) of the MLS clubs have either a USL team, NASL team or a PDL team for their older DA players.

MLS will requite all clubs to operate a USL team or be officially affiliated with one starting with the 2015 season.

I wonder if this makes relegation/promotion more probable for the MLS? Seems like it's heading that direction. It's working in Europe, can it work here?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3sixbxd1 said:
Promotion/Relegation is not going to happen any time in the foreseeable future.

Yeah...and if it did it would income unaffiliated teams, assume the NASL

But I do think it could work here. Leap of faith and some conditions need to be inserted by the MLS for both levels (guaranteeing demoted teams some pay day regardless)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawk-Sounder Sunday!!!! Has to a good day. Hopefully the Seattle teams bring in 2 wins combined today. A win helps both teams in their respective quests!!!

SeatownJay

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":tg806y2h said:
SeatownJay":tg806y2h said:
Huskies lose, Seahawks lose, will the Sounders make it a trifecta of failure tonight?

Hopefully not, but your negativity is blitzeresque.
I have no reason to be optimistic right now. And tell me if it's outside the realm of possibility that MLS wants Landon Donovan to go out with the Supporter's Shield in his final season.

knownone

Reaction score
It's kind of disappointing that one of the most overrated selfish players in American sports is being celebrated like this.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Only Stefan Frei can miss a ball coming straight at him....sheesh. That was bad defense but most GKs would have stopped that ball.

Spounge84

Reaction score
knownone":twqtv933 said:
It's kind of disappointing that one of the most overrated selfish players in American sports is being celebrated like this.
Agreed, the entire pregame was about Donovan. Never liked him personally.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I know it's a draw but that felt like a win. To come from behind after being down 2 on the road? I'll take that no question.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Will take it! Given our record in LA and the fact we were 2-0 down along with the fact that their was a script for Donovan to score a cheap penalty if the ref was given an opportunity. Felt we were much better when Evans went off. What was he thinking headed that in the middle for their first. Felt we had a good game plan and barring the two goals did well. Should probably have won in the end but a draw will do. Scott's yellow card was BS. He normally struggles against LA but did well tonight.

Them not having Gonzalez helps us a lot next week.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
After going down 0-2 you really cant ask for much more than a 2-2 draw. We are still squarely in the drivers seat. Probably the biggest game in the MLS history of the club on Saturday.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":2rhmhmvo said:
After going down 0-2 you really cant ask for much more than a 2-2 draw. We are still squarely in the drivers seat. Probably the biggest game in the MLS history of the club on Saturday.

A regular season match to win a token award is the biggest match in the clubs history?

Bit hyperbole...regular season success has been a mainstay of the Sounders since they came into the league.

They need to win a playoff series. Saturdays for matchups and bragging rights (that no opposing team will care about)

Or am I missing something?

And why are the finishing the season with home and away...)

Latest posts