SPECULATION/RUMOR: Michael Bennett seeking trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Seriously though are there any consequences for this random beat writer in Dallas making a completely false rumour go viral?

Noooooope.

lukerguy

Reaction score
How do you all feel about Greg Hardy now?

1) Beats his GF to a pulp.
2) Lawyer's up and pays her off
3) Has no interest from league so make up rumors that he's visiting, and that the Seahawks best defensive lineman wants to play in ATL in an attempt to drum up more interest from the Cowboys.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
northseahawk":2jhsue1z said:
Trade his ass to the Raiders and let him suffer there if this news is true. This POS sounds and looks problematic.

Jesus christ...

Pick6

Reaction score
If its true, there could be a lot of reasons for it. Maybe he really hates Jimmy. Maybe he saw other top DLine get paid and wants more. Maybe he likes playing for Quinn that much. Maybe he hates Hardy.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":3mzzzb0z said:

3) Has no interest from league so make up rumors that he's visiting, and that the Seahawks best defensive lineman wants to play in ATL in an attempt to drum up more interest from the Cowboys.

So you think Greg Hardy is behind all this? :shock:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Just a Leprechaun playing a St. Patty's Day trick so we don't find his pot of gold.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
lukerguy":33ilctr3 said:

Wait.. Greg Hardy started this rumor?

This thread...

(when did the board become populated with teen age girls by the way?)

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Nice play by Hardy's agent to try to get more money, but even the Cowboys aren't that stupid.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
kidhawk":1mi84ce7 said:
We don't essentially create any space trading Bennett. They may elect to split the dead money over 2 seasons, but it's still $6 million in dead money and he's due (guaranteed as of February 15) $6 million this year. That's a net gain of $0.

Not true. First of all, you can't split dead money over 2 years for traded players, that's only for released players. Secondly, Bennett has a guaranteed base of $6M this season, and with the $2M prorated portion of his SB, his cap charge for the Hawks in 2015 is $8M. If he's traded, the acquiring team is responsible for his base salary, and the full amount of the remaining prorated portion of his SB ($6M) would count towards the Hawks' 2015 cap in the form of dead money. So if he's traded, the Hawks would actually free up $2M against their 2015 cap (less the amount they spend on whomever takes Bennett's roster spot of course).

And "dead money" is never truly dead money unless you're cutting a player with future guaranteed money. In this case, they'd simply be accelerating future cap charges into one lump in 2015. Which would actually be to the Hawks' benefit as they have the space to absorb it in 2015 and would be creating additional space in future years that they have to account for regardless.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2xvpnflv said:
northseahawk":2xvpnflv said:
Trade his ass to the Raiders and let him suffer there if this news is true. This POS sounds and looks problematic.

Jesus christ...

This is actually why I love fan forums. I know I should disapprove but it's just marvelous.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Fuzzman55":3mvgvhin said:
Nice play by Hardy's agent to try to get more money, but even the Cowboys aren't that stupid.

Would you be surprised if the Cowboys WERE that stupid?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2t9d8fqw said:
Uncle Si":2t9d8fqw said:
northseahawk":2t9d8fqw said:

Jesus christ...

This is actually why I love fan forums. I know I should disapprove but it's just marvelous.

True... its better to grab a partner at the square dance than just sit back and laugh at the costumes.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
lukerguy":24vt2opn said:

285.gif

RynoHawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":1sw3zgsf said:
Bennett probably told a joke and some yahoo took it seriously.

'
This is probably the most likely scenario... and I approve this message...

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I buy it but it doesn't make sense. He took less last year because he wanted to win, now he doesn't care about winning and his pocket book only. Which is what I thought he would do last year.

It's irritating because he pulls this crap now, after a majority of FA is over. We might have been able to keep Maxwell

Chawks1

Reaction score
I will file this away with the Lynch retirement and Russell Wilson not black enough rumors.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479581/article/michael-bennett-has-not-asked-seahawks-for-a-trade[/urltargetblank]

Although one report suggested Bennett was angling for a new contract and a trade to Atlanta, a Seahawks source confirmed to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport that the pass rusher has not asked to be dealt.

This is similar to the tweet earlier in this thread that the Seahawks are denying this report.

I found it pretty hard to believe it would happen before, but am finding it less likely the more I hear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts