Spoon

LTH

Reaction score
Spoon is missing valuable reps. How do you guys feel about this?

LTH

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm confident he will return some payoff this year in adding toughness and big plays. His instincts are off the charts, so I don't think he'll be as derailed as many rookies would be. The secondary is also the deepest part of the roster.

sutz

Reaction score
I just worry that it's chronic in some way. Missed a ton of time in college for this issue. I get that they need to rest and rehab it, but I'm starting to worry a bit.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I just worry that it's chronic in some way. Missed a ton of time in college for this issue. I get that they need to rest and rehab it, but I'm starting to worry a bit.
My biggest worry is that he falls behind understanding the scheme and then our first game is against the Rams and you know he going to be in the slot with Kupp... probably not my idea of a good first match up coming off injury missing all of training camp... it's just a small concern no biggie... lol let's just say he is going to need some safety help ...unless he just drills it... he is a 5th over all pick we will see.

LTH

sc85sis

Reaction score
He missed three games in four years, none of which occurred his senior year. He skipped their bowl game to prepare for the draft. Sounds like perhaps the hammy issue arose during draft prep, and it was said that it wasn’t serious (based on MRI).

Now it sucks that he reinjured the hamstring, but it’s not the same part of the muscle. So technically this isn’t a recurrence of the other injury. Hopefully that’s a good thing.

keasley45

Reaction score
If we weren't so deep at DB, I'd be concerned. But we have the luxury of not pushing him into action on an injury. The guy is off the charts instinctual. Instincts can't be taught. While he's sidelined, he's getting mental reps, which are also valuable.

I'm disappointed I can't yet see him go, but in terms of this injury having some long term impact on his development? Not concerned. By season's end, nobody will be talking about how he took a game or two to get fully acclimated.

Mick063

Reaction score
I have already soaked myself in oil. I'm just waiting for Merry to push me into the pyre so that I can make a dramatic, burning dash to the edge of my keep and throw myself into the city below.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
My biggest worry is that he falls behind understanding the scheme and then our first game is against the Rams and you know he going to be in the slot with Kupp... probably not my idea of a good first match up coming off injury missing all of training camp... it's just a small concern no biggie... lol let's just say he is going to need some safety help ...unless he just drills it... he is a 5th over all pick we will see.

LTH

This.

The way Pete and Hurtt like their DB's to be able to move around from inside to outside? That versatility requires a lot of reps and time on the field.

Just look at what's happening with Brown. Now that he's been healthy and getting reps going back to late last year, he's looking much better.

So yeah, Witherspoon already missing the first week of camp cause of his contract thing, and now missing all these pre-season game reps and practice? Definitely cause for worry.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
You’ll look back on this in a month and feel silly. Spoon is a baller and knows how to rock some ass. No need for injury when Mike Jackson is trade bait I feel
so, reps for a rookie aren't needed? got it. Solid.