Spoon

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Respect your opinion but firmly disagree. A Top 5 picks has expectations attached.

Personally, I think he’s going to be a monster on the field. Not worried at all.

But I expect a Top 5 player to not only pan out but, make an immediate impact.
From a fans perspective I agree. A coach shouldn’t worry about things like that only what is being performed on the field. They are either outperforming the other guy or they aren’t. Of course it does suck if you have a high draft pick and they wash out. But I would rather have that then hold on to them just because they are a high draft pick and not put the best player on the field.

I also think he will be great for us. The injury thing sucks but hopefully the team gets this injury bug thing out of their system before the season.

GemCity

Reaction score
From a fans perspective I agree. A coach shouldn’t worry about things like that only what is being performed on the field. They are either outperforming the other guy or they aren’t. Of course it does suck if you have a high draft pick and they wash out. But I would rather have that then hold on to them just because they are a high draft pick and not put the best player on the field.

I also think he will be great for us. The injury thing sucks but hopefully the team gets this injury bug thing out of their system before the season.
Ahh. I get what you’re saying. From that perspective, I agree.

Thanks for the response!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Play bigger? yeah he does.. so did Boz and his career was cut short. I guess you can call it a generalization, but you play bigger, the chances are your going to get hurt more.. college and NFL is not the same game. I really like the pick and hope I'm wrong and only time will tell.

You're talking about something different now.

I said when we drafted Witherspoon that my only reservation was how violently he plays, and we know from experience with guys like Kam and Adams that usually means a short NFL shelf life.

But this has nothing to do with "being too small." Which is categorically false, Witherspoon is average or above average height/weight for an NFL DB, which is just under six foot, and 195 lbs.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
You're talking about something different now.

I said when we drafted Witherspoon that my only reservation was how violently he plays, and we know from experience with guys like Kam and Adams that usually means a short NFL shelf life.

But this has nothing to do with "being too small." Which is categorically false, Witherspoon is average or above average height/weight for an NFL DB, which is just under six foot, and 195 lbs.
Yeah, I probably should have worded it differently.. I stated that later.

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
He's already injury prone and his aggressiveness and rough play aren't gonna help him any.

He'll be a bust and a huge swing and a miss of gigantic proportions in tune of Aaron Curry