Star Lotulelei Might Be Out! (Rapoport reporting he is done)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Panther Jase":54113t25 said:
Largent80":54113t25 said:
You were boned before this happened.

One player does not make a team, we have proven that over and over. Also, we just hired a DL off the streets after losing 2 of our DT's to IR, pretty hard to have empathy.

Every good team has lynchpin players... your lynchpin players are different than ours

He doesn't get many tackles but he sure is a big reason why our LBs are so successful.

Agreed. I felt we'd be able to have a solid rush attack this week before this news. Now I'm confident that it will rise from solid to likely being a really good running attack this week. I don't think this changes the score TOO much, but it should add to our time of possession on Saturday.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Can't wait for this to be the excuse when we blow them out, injuries only affect other teams... never the Seahawks.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Panther Jase":k0uxw5uy said:
Largent80":k0uxw5uy said:
You were boned before this happened.

One player does not make a team, we have proven that over and over. Also, we just hired a DL off the streets after losing 2 of our DT's to IR, pretty hard to have empathy.

Every good team has lynchpin players... your lynchpin players are different than ours

He doesn't get many tackles but he sure is a big reason why our LBs are so successful.

We lost Brandon Mebane, who the Seahawks players say is one of, if not THE MVP of the Defense. So yes we may have some different lynchpin players, but Mebane at DT was one of ours.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
That's a big loss. Dude is a monster and slides really well for his size.

I like Jordan Hill as much as anyone, but come on, guys. These two losses are not in the same ballpark. Star is a staple piece of what the Panthers do and his improved health/play in the latter part of the season has directly correlated with the Panther's overall improvement. I think only losing one of their two star LBs would be comparable here. Honestly, I think losing Star might actually be worse.

Panther Jase

Reaction score
RunTheBall":16ja9qvx said:
Can't wait for this to be the excuse when we blow them out, injuries only affect other teams... never the Seahawks.

I couldn't help but notice plenty of people in this thead bringing up your own injury excuses at DT, you know, to save face just in case the panthers dominate anyway.

Please. :1:

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Panther Jase":333f3dv8 said:
RunTheBall":333f3dv8 said:

I couldn't help but notice plenty of people in this thead bringing up your own injury excuses at DT, you know, to save face just in case the panthers dominate anyway.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that even Blitzer doesn't think that the Panthers will dominate. I encourage you to knock over other straw men though.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Panther Jase":2skpsyyw said:
RunTheBall":2skpsyyw said:

Or perhaps to show that it's possible to win, even when you lose a "lynchpin" player. Of course you need to have really good depth to do that

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
WUnderhill":cvkzzur6 said:
That might spell doom for the Panthers. I liked our chances before, but that might be too big a loss to overcome for our defense against a good running game.

Not good for sure, but I think "doom" for the Panthers in this game was already spelled "BOOM" as in Legion of...

Panther Jase

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2cj0sq5n said:
That's a big loss. Dude is a monster and slides really well for his size.

I like Jordan Hill as much as anyone, but come on, guys. These two losses are not in the same ballpark. Star is a staple piece of what the Panthers do and his improved health/play in the latter part of the season has directly correlated with the Panther's overall improvement. I think only losing one of their two star LBs would be comparable here. Honestly, I think losing Star might actually be worse.

He moves laterally and chases down screen passes better than I've ever seen from any other DT. He's more than a big body that gets push. On certain plays, it's like having an extra linebacker out there.

Panther Jase

Reaction score
kidhawk":2qb4s1jj said:
Panther Jase":2qb4s1jj said:
RunTheBall":2qb4s1jj said:

Or perhaps to show that it's possible to win, even when you lose a "lynchpin" player. Of course you need to have really good depth to do that

Depth... that is the key. We don't have anyone with close to the same skill set behind him. We have mostly 3 technique players behind him.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Panther Jase":351gimqu said:
RunTheBall":351gimqu said:

:sarcasm_off:

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Panther Jase":22sutjjn said:
kidhawk":22sutjjn said:
Panther Jase":22sutjjn said:
RunTheBall":22sutjjn said:

Depth... that is the key. We don't have anyone with close to the same skill set behind him. We have mostly 3 technique players behind him.
That's your teams fault then for not having depth, if (more like when) you lose on Saturday, it will be because the Seahawks are the better team, not because of any injuries.

WUnderhill

Reaction score
Well, on the bright side, we still have the better QB, OL, WRs, DL, TE, RB, and LBs. If our special teams can just not suck, then maybe we can still win.

kidhawk

Reaction score
WUnderhill":1srvm8el said:
Well, on the bright side, we still have the better QB, OL, WRs, DL, TE, RB, and LBs. If our special teams can just not suck, then maybe we can still win.

Wha?????

:lol:

RunTheBall

Reaction score
WUnderhill":10brak9v said:
Well, on the bright side, we still have the better QB, RB, and LBs. If our special teams can just not suck, then maybe we can still win.
AHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH, this is too good. I'm dying over here.

Panther Jase

Reaction score
RunTheBall":6l1r8stf said:
That's your teams fault then for not having depth, if (more like when) you lose on Saturday, it will be because the Seahawks are the better team, not because of any injuries.

Well, yeah, cap problems. Still recovering from a bonehead GM. Next year should bring some relief with bad money finally coming off the books.

el capitan

Reaction score
WUnderhill":2qezetlt said:

Of course you do.

You guys should be grateful you play in the NFC South you'd have been lucky to go 3-13 in the NFC West.

Mindsink

Reaction score
WUnderhill":1augb3xx said:

Wait. What?!

At least the other positions are close enough where it's reasonably debatable. QB and RB are two positions where there is absolutely no doubt that Russell > Cam, and Lynch > Stewart.

You'd have to be the most blind Carolina homer to think otherwise.

Latest posts