Star Lotulelei Might Be Out! (Rapoport reporting he is done)

marko358

Reaction score
WUnderhill":2ky5xrwo said:
compare Stewart over the last month of the regular season to...

Week 17 faced the 32nd ranked defense (21st in rush D)
Week 16 faced the 23rd ranked defense (32nd in rush D)
Week 15 faced the 25th ranked defense (19th in rush D)
Week 14 faced the 31st ranked defense (29th in rush D)

So you're saying he played well against some of the worst defenses in the NFL. Ok, great.

BTW, he's facing the #1 defense in the NFL this Saturday.

WUnderhill

Reaction score
marko358":2afv1vga said:
WUnderhill":2afv1vga said:

So you're saying he played well against some of the worst defenses in the NFL. Ok, great.

Can we use the "they're only ranked that low because they played us" excuse?

In the end, idc, you guys need to relax. It's not as if I'm telling you your whole existence is a sham.

Wait. Is it?

:shock:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Stole these from the Panther's board.

Most Rushing TD's
Most Broken Tackles - By a very large margin
#1DVOA for a RB
#2 DYAR/Yar
Higher YPC
Rk #1 per FBOutsiders
2.95 yards after contact on avg

The 2.95 yards after contact is ridiculous. That's equal to what Trent Richardson does per carry let alone after contact.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
WUnderhill":2yu0kv55 said:
Cam is more inconsistent, but has that greater upside and greater ability to dominate a game than RW.
"Greater upside" in this case only means Russell entered the league as a consummate professional, whereas Cam has just started to put it together and probably needs another few years to get there, if he's going to at all. That's not fact, of course, just one Seahawk fan's take on it.

As for ability to dominate a game, there are many ways to measure that. Russell focuses on distributing the ball to playmakers and being "clutch" when he has to take over. His 14 game-winning drives in his 53-game career attest to that. Cam has 8 game-winning drives in 64 games.

For percentage-type folks, that's Wilson dominating 26% of his games for the win, vs Newton at 14%.

Both players have 9 4th-quarter comebacks. And that doesn't show how Wilson did it twice in one game. 2012 at Chicago, Russell got the ball with 3:40 left, drove the team 97 yards for the go-ahead score, leaving :24 on the clock. Then he watched our defense give up a game-tying FG. So he just went out and orchestrated an 80-yard TD drive to seal the deal. Both go-ahead scores were TD passes.

You can never tell us Wilson can't take over a game after we witnessed that.

Jakob

Reaction score
Losing Lotulelei isn't anywhere near what you guys are making it out to be. DT/DL is out deepest position and one could make the argument that Colin Cole has played better than Lotulelei this season. If we lost Kawann Short it would be a different story.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3lylyv17 said:
That's a big loss. Dude is a monster and slides really well for his size.

I like Jordan Hill as much as anyone, but come on, guys. These two losses are not in the same ballpark. Star is a staple piece of what the Panthers do and his improved health/play in the latter part of the season has directly correlated with the Panther's overall improvement. I think only losing one of their two star LBs would be comparable here. Honestly, I think losing Star might actually be worse.

Star IS a bigger loss than Hill and its not even close.

Jakob

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":8ds8siir said:
DavidSeven":8ds8siir said:

I like Jordan Hill as much as anyone, but come on, guys. These two losses are not in the same ballpark. Star is a staple piece of what the Panthers do and his improved health/play in the latter part of the season has directly correlated with the Panther's overall improvement. I think only losing one of their two star LBs would be comparable here. Honestly, I think losing Star might actually be worse.

Star IS a bigger loss than Hill and its not even close.
Not even close, not in the slightest.

jhawk91

Reaction score
WUnderhill":jt9pg21d said:
marko358":jt9pg21d said:
WUnderhill":jt9pg21d said:

In the end, idc, you guys need to relax. It's not as if I'm telling you your whole existence is a sham.

Wait. Is it?

We are telling you that your team is a sham, who cares what Stewart has done or the entire panthers team has done in 5 games against some of the most garbage teams in the league. Seattle is the better team, period. Unless Seattle somehow just doesn't show up, expect a Carolina loss.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Jakob":1rk56kc1 said:
Losing Lotulelei isn't anywhere near what you guys are making it out to be. DT/DL is out deepest position and one could make the argument that Colin Cole has played better than Lotulelei this season. If we lost Kawann Short it would be a different story.

If Cole is the example you are trotting out to prove your great depth at the DT/DL position then you need to retract your statement.

Jakob

Reaction score
Stewart ran 76 yards while severely hampered by injuries while being behind one of the worst OL's to ever see a football field, plus Mebane and Hill were in that game. Taking in to account Lynch never has huge days against us you have to consider Hill a huge loss.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1s3yxc74 said:

Mebane > Star

Mebane + Hill >> Star

Largent80

Reaction score
Cole we have seen with the Seahawks, we know what he is, except now he is older and slower.

If we get Lynch to the 2nd level, game over.

Jakob

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3mqpyplw said:
Jakob":3mqpyplw said:

If Cole is the example you are trotting out to prove your great depth at the DT/DL position then you need to retract your statement.
Disregard how Cole played for the Seahawks more than half a decade ago, Cole was one of the many players that improved our defense to #2 overall last year.

WUnderhill

Reaction score
jhawk91":2g7w19d4 said:
WUnderhill":2g7w19d4 said:
marko358":2g7w19d4 said:
WUnderhill":2g7w19d4 said:

Wait. Is it?

We are telling you that your team is a sham, who cares what Stewart has done or the entire panthers team has done in 5 games against some of the most garbage teams in the league. Seattle is the better team, period. Unless Seattle somehow just doesn't show up, expect a Carolina loss.

I guess Stewarts higher career ypc than Lynch is because over that large of a sample size it's logical to think that Lynch has played all top half defenses and Stewart all bottom half. Or what? You tell me.

You know, it's ok to admit that other teams and players are good too. We have this same problem over on the huddle with Panthers fans, so don't worry, it's not just you.

Largent80

Reaction score
Jakob":s1dvlutb said:
Disregard how Cole played for the Seahawks more than half a decade ago, Cole was one of the many players that improved our defense to #2 overall last year.

Sorry, you lost me at the more than half a decade ago statement. If he is so good now, why so few plays?

Really, he isn't a Seahawk for a reason. And LAST year is not this year, and in case you didn't notice, we are playing in Seattle Saturday, say goodnight John Boy.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Jakob":2whegj0g said:
Cole was one of the many players that improved our defense to #2 overall last year.

I'm going to guess that the Panthers drafting Lotulelei last year and him balling out during his rookie season had a little something to do with that.

WUnderhill

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1zmwbhvb said:
WUnderhill":1zmwbhvb said:
Cam is more inconsistent, but has that greater upside and greater ability to dominate a game than RW.
"Greater upside" in this case only means Russell entered the league as a consummate professional, whereas Cam has just started to put it together and probably needs another few years to get there, if he's going to at all. That's not fact, of course, just one Seahawk fan's take on it.

As for ability to dominate a game, there are many ways to measure that. Russell focuses on distributing the ball to playmakers and being "clutch" when he has to take over. His 14 game-winning drives in his 53-game career attest to that. Cam has 8 game-winning drives in 64 games.

For percentage-type folks, that's Wilson dominating 26% of his games for the win, vs Newton at 14%.

Both players have 9 4th-quarter comebacks. And that doesn't show how Wilson did it twice in one game. 2012 at Chicago, Russell got the ball with 3:40 left, drove the team 97 yards for the go-ahead score, leaving :24 on the clock. Then he watched our defense give up a game-tying FG. So he just went out and orchestrated an 80-yard TD drive to seal the deal. Both go-ahead scores were TD passes.

Fair assessment. I don't know how many examples Russell has of this, but I know in Cam's case a lot of his potentially game winning drives were blown by our defense and special teams. It was kind of expected in his first couple years here that he would put us in a position to win the game and then we'd miss a field goal, or give up a 50 yd. bomb, etc. It's just one of those things that gets lost in those stats. I'm sure it happens to other QBs too, I just know that for a couple of years it happened to Cam a lot...like, a lot a lot.

It's one thing that a lot of us noticed when Luck's defense was bailing him out at the end of games, then he would get the "clutch" moniker, while Cam was let down by his defense and they said he wasn't "clutch" even though he was putting his team in often better or equal position to win than Luck.

jhawk91

Reaction score
He does play in the NFC South, not exactly know for great defense. And Marshawn has about 1000 more carries than Stewart as well. On top of that it's like .4 yards difference, big whoop

ctrcat

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":xlbv0557 said:
WUnderhill":xlbv0557 said:

Cam was a Pro-Bowler and ROY in year one, on an awful team that needed help everywhere and had traded the #33 pick overall for Armanti Edwards. Simply put, he had the greatest rookie season of all time, at the time. The offense was amazing in his first year with Olsen, Shockey, and a revived Steve Smith. The D was a sieve and the kicker was an all time bad Olindo Mare. They were 2-14 in one score games and lost in every way imaginable. Stats simply don't tell the whole story. I've seen great statistical games but would say he didn't play great, and vice versa. He has been a consumate professional for the organization and community. That doesn't mean he can't and won't continue to grow.

WUnderhill

Reaction score
jhawk91":9qw9s5jh said:
He does play in the NFC South, not exactly know for great defense. And Marshawn has about 1000 more carries than Stewart as well. On top of that it's like .4 yards difference, big whoop

mf-140214-246487030411076960.jpg