Star Lotulelei Might Be Out! (Rapoport reporting he is done)

jhawk91

Reaction score
WUnderhill":2izowhqk said:
Well, on the bright side, we still have the better QB, OL, WRs, DL, TE, RB, and LBs. If our special teams can just not suck, then maybe we can still win.
How much you wanna bet this dude goes back to panthers huddle and reports to all his buddies how he "trolled us so hard" lol

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Lost so much respect for Carolina fans these past few days from their fail-trolls here that I had to make a new avatar.

Erebus

Reaction score
If Carolina wins, it would be a remarkable story about overcoming adversity and long odds. It would be a great story for everyone but us. However, I think it's just too much adversity to overcome.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
They may want to rethink the black cat on their helmets.

Largent80

Reaction score
Panther Jase":2lcb67dn said:
Largent80":2lcb67dn said:
You were boned before this happened.

One player does not make a team, we have proven that over and over. Also, we just hired a DL off the streets after losing 2 of our DT's to IR, pretty hard to have empathy.

Every good team has lynchpin players... your lynchpin players are different than ours

He doesn't get many tackles but he sure is a big reason why our LBs are so successful.

We don't need no stinking lynchpin players when we have the real deal......Which, unfortunately for you, will be fully activated.

UnVVRjm

ctrcat

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2nusmn2w said:
Lost so much respect for Carolina fans these past few days from their fail-trolls here that I had to make a new avatar.

Fwiw message board posters, good or bad, represent an extremely small % of a fanbase or % of society at large.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
ctrcat":1uegxocw said:
Hawknballs":1uegxocw said:

Fwiw message board posters, good or bad, represent an extremely small % of a fanbase or % of society at large.
But they do reflect on their team and its total fan base.

Panther Jase

Reaction score
ctrcat":2n2yzx95 said:
Hawknballs":2n2yzx95 said:

ie it's hard to imagine, but we're way cooler in real life.

Right guys?

Guys?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":24gc64tc said:
ctrcat":24gc64tc said:
Hawknballs":24gc64tc said:

In relation to the football knowledge and trolliness of other fans who've visited this forum since I've posted here, carolina fans have been particularly bad.I didn't expect it so maybe it's just standing out more.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Star being out against the league #1 rushing offense does not bode well for Carolina. The odds of Seattle winning this game just greatly increased (as if they weren't high enough already...)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Looks like ex-Seahawk Colin Cole will be filling in for Star Lotulelei on Saturday, at least according to this Panthers beat writer

[tweet]https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/552913405959749632[/tweet]

Largent80

Reaction score
:lol: Cole is still "playing"?....jeez, get out the Geritol. We have Unger back this week, nice !!!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
GFang":3uk5ishq said:
That would be an enormous loss for Carolina. IMO, he and Davis (not Kuechly) are their 2 best defenders.

lolwut.

Kuechly is BY FAR their best defender.

Losing Star is a big loss though.

ctrcat

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2hde5gx9 said:
ctrcat":2hde5gx9 said:
Hawknballs":2hde5gx9 said:

Maybe, but IMO the sample size isn't near big enough. Hypothetically, the Panther fans here could be long lost family/friends/fans of Jonathan Stewart in the PNW for all anyone knows and you may even see them today at your local supermarket. Or their mothers as they stay in the basement. Who knows.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2oft6jn7 said:
Nice. Just be sure to bring back the belly roll after we stomp the cats. That thing is mesmerizing. :)

On topic, I'm hoping for no more injuries. This is gonna be a fun matchup.

WUnderhill

Reaction score
Mindsink":21at0q99 said:
WUnderhill":21at0q99 said:
Well, on the bright side, we still have the better QB, OL, WRs, DL, TE, RB, and LBs. If our special teams can just not suck, then maybe we can still win.

Wait. What?!

At least the other positions are close enough where it's reasonably debatable. QB and RB are two positions where there is absolutely no doubt that Russell > Cam, and Lynch > Stewart.

You'd have to be the most blind Carolina homer to think otherwise.

I understand Seahawks fans don't know about Stewart. He's had an injury plagued few years, but when he's on the field, he's one of the best RBs in the league and you'll find as equally proficient at breaking tackles as Lynch. Maybe "better" wasn't the word, since they're pretty equal aside from Lynch having a healthier career, but consider some of these stats:

compare Stewart over the last month of the regular season to:

December
4 gms - 418 yds (4.0 ypc) - DeMarco Murray (Pro Bowl, 1stT All-Pro)
4 gms - 401 yds (5.1 ypc) - Jonathan Stewart
4 gms - 369 yds (5.2 ypc) - Eddie Lacy
4 gms - 350 yds (5.1 ypc) - Marshawn Lynch (Pro Bowl, 2ndT All-Pro)
4 gms - 345 yds (4.3 ypc) - Arian Foster (Pro Bowl)
4 gms - 315 yds (4.3 ypc) - Le'Veon Bell (Pro Bowl, 1stT All-Pro)
4 gms - 301 yds (4.2 ypc) - LeSean McCoy (Pro Bowl)
4 gms - 257 yds (4.6 ypc) - Justin Forsett, BAL
4 gms - 226 yds (5.1 ypc) - Jamaal Charles (Pro Bowl)

FOX Sports Radio Ben Maller @benmaller 28 Dec
DeMarco Murray, Marshawn Lynch, Le'Veon Bell get headlines, nevertheless Panthers Jonathan Stewart leads NFL with 437 rushing yards L4W.

and Stewart is better on the road:
4.3 ypc at home
5.1 ypc on road

and Stewart doesn't do as well on grass (like we have at BOA stadium), but he loves turf like they have in SEA:
4.0 ypc on grass
6.4 ypc on turf

meanwhile, Marshawn Lynch is the opposite:
5.2 ypc on grass (4.4 ypc on grass at BOA vs Panthers)
4.3 ypc on turf (??? ypc on turf vs Panthers)
4.4 ypc at SEA's CenturyLink Field (turf)

Stewart also has a higher career ypc than Lynch, so this isn't just a recent trend.

As far as Cam vs. RW, there's stats that support both sides. I expect Seahawks fans to prefer RW, and I expect Panthers fans to prefer Cam. RW has taken better care of the ball over his career than Cam, but Cam has been asked to do more. Cam is more inconsistent, but has that greater upside and greater ability to dominate a game than RW. Some of the stuff RW has done against the Panthers is just sick like that prayer sideline heave to Baldwin (I think?) last year, but Cam is just as capable of breaking hearts so the tables can just as easily be turned.

ivotuk

Reaction score
12th_Bob":jmkozrvd said:
Short has been really good this year, a lot of guys wanted us to land him in the draft. Star not so much, pretty meh this season.

I couldn't believe Carolina got him along with Star in the same draft! I was so upset that we didn't get him. Kawaan is only going to get better, year by year.

Still, none of them are as special as Sheldon Richardson.

What a huge blow for Carolina. Here we lost Brandon Mebane, then Jordan Hill, I guess it's to be expected this time of year.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
WUnderhill":l0e5b6xr said:
As far as Cam vs. RW, there's stats that support both sides. I expect Seahawks fans to prefer RW, and I expect Panthers fans to prefer Cam. RW has taken better care of the ball over his career than Cam, but Cam has been asked to do more. Cam is more inconsistent, but has that greater upside and greater ability to dominate a game than RW. Some of the stuff RW has done against the Panthers is just sick like that prayer sideline heave to Baldwin (I think?) last year, but Cam is just as capable of breaking hearts so the tables can just as easily be turned.

Sorry. Hard to convince us of that when we've dominated Cam every time we've played him. Absolutely nothing I've seen from Cam makes me wish I had him over Russell. Nothing.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've always been a fan of Stewarts and if he could of stayed healthy the sky was the limit for him. He isn't as good as Lynch though, thats a tough argument to sell. He's had a nice little stretch against some bad teams. Lynch put up 5.1 against a much tougher schedule and has done it for years on end. There isn't a GM in the league who would call Stewart better than Lynch and again not homerism talking.