Start Chris Carson next week? (poll)

Should Chris Carson get the nod week 3 against TEN?

• Yes

Votes: 82 95.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Matt Damon

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Meh, it seemed really familiar yesterday, kind of like Pete said regarding Carson. On one play Carson was stuck by both Bowman and Reid after about two yards, but spun and broke free from them and then plowed 2 more defenders for another couple yards.

So similar it was erie. Bowman and Reid aren't slouches either.

By the time the 4th comes people don't want anything to do with that anymore. And if we can get him better blocking ealier in games then watch out.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":31db0lmi said:
XxXdragonXxX":31db0lmi said:
Better question, which of Rawls, Lacy, or Prosise will be inactive this week?

Whoever can't play special teams. We all know who fits that description.

Has Rawls played ST? Both have underwhelmed so far. I think Rawls averaged like 1 ypc and fumbled an exchange. Prosise I think stays active but he hasnt really set the world on fire either.

Seymour

Reaction score
Why would anyone vote for Carson? He doesn't even have his own T-shirt. :x

41217 EL27 HLK001 001 530x

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":cgnmsqyn said:
Why?

Rawls was awful yesterday, it's why Pete didn't put him back in the game. He ran into blockers, missed his blocking assignments and overran his cutback lanes multiple times.]

Sorry, I don't need to see more Rawls, I need less Rawls cause we have a complete back that already looks like a 5 year vet.

I'm not ready to give up on Rawls yet. Sure he struggled, but who wouldn't with this abysmal oline?

Carson looked great in the closing minutes but that was against a broken and defeated Niner defense. I'd give Rawls one more shot at keeping his starting spot. It was his first game back from injury for goodness sakes. Of course he is going to have some rust. We know what we have in Carson (potentially). Let's at least try and salvage Rawls. What happens if Carson turns out to be a one hit wonder? Then who do we turn to? Lacy?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":csqlwzof said:
Sgt. Largent":csqlwzof said:
Why?

Rawls was awful yesterday, it's why Pete didn't put him back in the game. He ran into blockers, missed his blocking assignments and overran his cutback lanes multiple times.]

Sorry, I don't need to see more Rawls, I need less Rawls cause we have a complete back that already looks like a 5 year vet.

I'm not ready to give up on Rawls yet. Sure he struggled, but who wouldn't with this abysmal oline?

Carson looked great in the closing minutes but that was against a broken and defeated Niner defense. I'd give Rawls one more shot at keeping his starting spot. It was his first game back from injury for goodness sakes. Of course he is going to have some rust. We know what we have in Carson (potentially). Let's at least try and salvage Rawls. What happens if Carson turns out to be a one hit wonder? Then who do we turn to? Lacy?

He helped break them by running hard for the first three quarters. That's what a powerful punishing back does.

I'm not giving up on Rawls, I'm just saying I don't agree with you if you think he should still be the starter.

Btw, another thing Carson does well, block, as shown below picking up the blitz. Dude's just a complete back.

DKCJwraUQAA8W U

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":23uysk8s said:
Sgt. Largent":23uysk8s said:
Why?

2015 Rawls didn't struggle with it. Then, last year, he turned into a dancer behind the line a la Shaun Alexander, whereas Carson is just hitting the hole, which creates good things, if perhaps not immediately.

Pete remarked at one point that Rawls was "never himself" last year, and it seems he's still that way. I'm kinda wondering if perhaps his injury got into his head.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Here's Rawls falling down for no reason, when this was very well blocked and should have been a big play.

DKCITORUIAAv7JI

Not sure what's going on with him, rust? Pressing cause he's trying too hard? Idk, but I don't like it..........and we don't have 3-4 more weeks to keep handing him the ball to see if he figured it out.

Not with Carson on the roster.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2jbsstc7 said:
Here's Rawls falling down for no reason, when this was very well blocked and should have been a big play.

DKCITORUIAAv7JI

Not sure what's going on with him, rust? Pressing cause he's trying too hard? Idk, but I don't like it..........and we don't have 3-4 more weeks to keep handing him the ball to see if he figured it out.

That appears to be the play with the fumbled exchange. Not sure who's fault the fumble was.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3ftxsrbk said:
Sgt. Largent":3ftxsrbk said:

DKCITORUIAAv7JI

That appears to be the play with the fumbled exchange. Not sure who's fault the fumble was.

Rawls has done this before, as well as trip trying to run too fast. Christian Michael did the same thing.

It's an excitement factor, their legs get ahead of them. It's a body control thing, and Rawls isn't very good at controlling it.

Again, love me some Rawls. Love his story, love his heart..........just love me Carson more right now. I see something special in the guy.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Rawls is dealing with a high ankle sprain. It's going to make him look like he's running through mud until it completely heals.

Latest posts