Poll: Does It Matter Next Week?

Do you care if we win next week or not?

• Of course! Win, period!

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Nope. This team is beyond frustrating.

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • I guess? Maybe make it in and see what happens?

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • What’s the point. Another one and done.

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters

WmHBonney

Reaction score
agreed on the injury issue. I hate it when our boys play there and at D.C.

kjreid

Reaction score
I am rooting for a win as a Green Bat loss so I can root another week for the Hawks!!! I love this team and it hurts but man, it’s such a better weekend when we are playing than when we are not!!

djb28

Reaction score
I am frustrated and pissed. But I am happy we have been to Super Bowls and even won. I want more, but like this country, It doesn't matter what I want or vote for. I am just glad I am not my Father at 75 years old and have never seen my Team win it. It is what it is.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Perhaps a decade of consecutive losing seasons might adjust a few attitudes.
Been there. Still ready for change. Losing games you should win, but in the way this team loses, it alarming.

warden

Reaction score
Too many issues with this team to hope for a playoff win. Just roll over and let the Cardinals win. Mess up their draft slotting.
They said the same thing about the Seahawks in Pete Carroll’s first year. We won our division and went on to beat the defending Super Bowl Champions. That game is one of the Seahawks finest moments. Can we say Beast Quake

flv2

Reaction score
Been there. Still ready for change. Losing games you should win, but in the way this team loses, it alarming.
I wasn't knocking anyone. In my time the Rams had a 9-year stretch when every season finished below .500. A decade later they started a 10-year stretch when every season finished below .500. How I longed for an 8-7 season when we went into the last game with respectability secured and a with possible playoff berth on the line. The Seahawks have had mediocre patches but never long losing droughts. I'm glad most fan bases haven't been through decades that the Rams, Browns and Lions have suffered.

renofox

Reaction score
It's strange hearing people make comparisons to Pete's early years which were polar opposite of what we see now
PC has always relied on having players that combined All-Pro play (to give them legitimacy) with excellent leadership skills and an innate devotion to accountability. Players like this are rare.

PC got lucky to have so many on the SB teams. His luck ran out quickly.

He relies on a self-policing locker room. It has been said on several LOB-era player interviews that PC would not confront problems with players directly, but would ask his "player-leaders" to deal with the problem.

I've argued this point many times on this forum. PC has leadership skills that work great under certain conditions. He does not have a large range of leadership skills, and he lacks those required under the current conditions.

I'll just hope I am confident that the locker room culture changes so that PC's leadership style becomes effective once again. 🌈 🌈🦄🦄

cymatica

Reaction score
They said the same thing about the Seahawks in Pete Carroll’s first year. We won our division and went on to beat the defending Super Bowl Champions. That game is one of the Seahawks finest moments. Can we say Beast Quake
Won the division at 7-9 because the NFC West was that bad. Good game against the Saints who had the worst playoff defense, then got absolutely smoked by the Jay Cutler led Bears.

Those first few years were exciting because Pete was cut throat, him and John made a record number of player transactions, and you could tell they were building something special and just needed a few seasons to build the team. They were getting good players at a good price and he had a great coaching staff that the players respected.

He's done a complete 180 at this point. The defense has only trended worse for a decade, he's hung on to aging vets while overpaying for others. He's elevated and hired mediocre or bad coaches and made some horrible trades. He went completely away from being strong up front on both sides and chased after flashy skill positions players. The drafts were horrible up until the last 2, but even studs like JSN and DK are way underutilized.

There is no comparison to the first 4 years

nwHawk

Reaction score
Those for few years were a purge to find guys that bought in and went all out. No vet was safe. Heck, even Antoine Winfield (Sr.) got cut before the ‘13 season.

These days it’s about relationships and survival. Safe, safe, safe. Time to shake it up and find the right mix that will impose their will.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Won the division at 7-9 because the NFC West was that bad. Good game against the Saints who had the worst playoff defense, then got absolutely smoked by the Jay Cutler led Bears.

Those first few years were exciting because Pete was cut throat, him and John made a record number of player transactions, and you could tell they were building something special and just needed a few seasons to build the team. They were getting good players at a good price and he had a great coaching staff that the players respected.

He's done a complete 180 at this point. The defense has only trended worse for a decade, he's hung on to aging vets while overpaying for others. He's elevated and hired mediocre or bad coaches and made some horrible trades. He went completely away from being strong up front on both sides and chased after flashy skill positions players. The drafts were horrible up until the last 2, but even studs like JSN and DK are way underutilized.

There is no comparison to the first 4 years
This. We desperately need new leadership and a focus on accountability like we used to have.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
That is right. We Bears fans live in the memory of 1985 glory days. Makes me think of that old Bruce Springsteen song. Seahawks fans are comparatively in the infancy of their suffering.
1985/6 was the second season of NFL I ever followed. First season was 1984/5; when everyone said Dan Marino would "absolutely" have other chances at a Superbowl win, after the 49ers savaged the Dolphins.

But it was the 1985/6 Bears defense which totally captured me into loving the game. So wonderful a DE won Superbowl MVP.