STH To Pay Extra For Printed Tickets In 2019

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":itvxfqcc said:
kidhawk":itvxfqcc said:
mikeak":itvxfqcc said:
1) I emailed and asked and was told voucher for programs and gift will still be mailed regardless

2) Paper tickets create a HUGE problem. People sell those outside the stadium as real tickets, they look real heck they are real but someone re-printed with a new barcode and everyone gets screwed......

3) I don't understand the barcode issue. The electronic tickets for this season are already in your account. You can import it into your phone, you can transfer it, keep it. What is the barcode issue? There is no reason to print it as you can download it so even if reception crashes you are good. They are 100% viewable - I know I looked at them yesterday

Well phones can be lost, stolen, destroyed or lose battery and make everything on it, so it's quite possible to not even be able to access your downloads. Having a paper backup can't hurt.

I think the main issue here though is that people do collect the season tickets and this is the first step in not having paper tickets available to collect at all (besides the fact that they'd have to pay extra). Imagine if you'd collected every ticket from every game (or even every game special to you) since the first home opener ever and then your collection had to cease? People will survive but they won't be happy.

I get that point (but it wasn't the main objection brought up above), understand it fully.

I think the solution would be if they actually allowed you to click on the link and get a nice ticket on your phone or computer / a pdf file that people could print on nice paper. Yeah it would come with a few dollar cost to get the FedEx store to print it but it does limit people getting scammed which is a relatively big problem......

I once had a typewriter and really liked the printed nice letters that I would receive and send. Now I get emails.......

I think this would be a feasible solution that would allow those who collect them to still be able to do so while using the electronic versions to get in. I'm not a collector though, so I'm not sure if they would lose their meaning and personal value if they weren't "real" tickets.

devo2478

Reaction score
The NFL is going all digital in its entirety. Here in Minnesota the Vikings went all digital when they moved into the new stadium two years ago. This year you cant even print PDFs. All tickets will be scanned on your phone and no paper of any sort.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
They can say what they want but the bottom line it is nothing more than the bottom dollar, MAXIMIZE PROFITS AT ALL TIMES AND OPPORTUNITIES!

The old school PDF e-mail tickets were as big of a scam as there was, so easy to print and sell 10 of the same exact ticket, so this is not a new problem to tackle, it's only been around what say 10 years or so.

Phone quit for some reason, your hosed, to bad. Go see the ticket office and maybe we'll get you to your seats by halftime.

How does the new system handle someone that has say like four or six tickets in their season ticket package?

Do all six have to enter together, is there a way to text or e-mail pictures to another person so they can come at a different time or gate location to enter the game?

If the barcodes or whatever you end up with on the phone that lets you enter are moveable from phone to phone via text or e-mail, how does this stop fake tickets other than making people a slight bit more at risk for doing it.

Finally, the NFL created the NFL Ticket Exchange for one sole reason, MONEY! They got real tired watching the Stub Hubs and Razor Gators of the world making big bank being part of the ticket re-seller world so they did what they did by creating the NFL Ticket Exchange.

ME, I'll take my hard printed tickets to do what I want with, when I want to and with who I want to deal with plus as already mentioned the souvenir ticket thing for some games is way cool.

Just my .02

GO HAWKS!!!

mikeak

Reaction score
12HawkFan":1jdaa78s said:
They can say what they want but the bottom line it is nothing more than the bottom dollar, MAXIMIZE PROFITS AT ALL TIMES AND OPPORTUNITIES!

The old school PDF e-mail tickets were as big of a scam as there was, so easy to print and sell 10 of the same exact ticket, so this is not a new problem to tackle, it's only been around what say 10 years or so.

GO HAWKS!!!

Not to argue but I don't understand this part. 1) They are doing it to make more money 2) This will stop scams once they don't allow printed anymore. Either way what it stops is selling the legitimate mailed out ticket after you invalidated the bar code at home. That is really what they want to stop because they printed the first ticket and don't want people to be mad at the team.

Isn't 2 a good thing?

How does the new system handle someone that has say like four or six tickets in their season ticket package?

Do all six have to enter together, is there a way to text or e-mail pictures to another person so they can come at a different time or gate location to enter the game?

If the barcodes or whatever you end up with on the phone that lets you enter are moveable from phone to phone via text or e-mail, how does this stop fake tickets other than making people a slight bit more at risk for doing it.

GO HAWKS!!!

Good questions

The way it works is you go onto your account on computer or phone and you can pick any number of tickets for any game that you have and transfer them to anyone that sets up a FREE ticketmaster account. No charges for transfers.

So I can sell a ticket on craigslist, get paid via paypal (who for 3% which is lot less than stubhub) will protect it and I can IMMEDIATLY transfer the electronic ticket. Heck I can stand on the corner of a street and have the seller transfer the ticket to my email account.

This creates a HUGE safety net for people buying aftermarket tickets

I can also go with my friends, transfer one ticket to him prior to going there. Get drunk with other friends, pass out somewhere, make it to the game at halftime and realize my buddy is already sitting there and didn't miss any part of the game. Friendship saved (wife will still be pissed though)

Finally, the NFL created the NFL Ticket Exchange for one sole reason, MONEY! They got real tired watching the Stub Hubs and Razor Gators of the world making big bank being part of the ticket re-seller world so they did what they did by creating the NFL Ticket Exchange.

ME, I'll take my hard printed tickets to do what I want with, when I want to and with who I want to deal with plus as already mentioned the souvenir ticket thing for some games is way cool.

GO HAWKS!!!

Agree 100% they created ticket exchange to make money on the same thing others already made money on. I don't see an issue with it either way. Agree though - it was to make more money (I would have done the same if it was my league)

Yeah the souvenir is gone, but every time there is development a group of people dislike it. That will always be the case and sometimes they end up happy down the road...... Also you can log on to any phone that anyone with you or random person has. Then you can pull up the tickets live or download before

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1jo1emvb said:
It's a battery thing for me.

Probably half of the games, my battery is just about dead by the time we get to the gate. After 3-4 hours of tailgating. Some FF watching etc. Sometimes we remember our battery chargers. Sometimes we don't.

I like the printed tickets in the lanyard. Much easier to present to the ticket personnel after you've been drinking for 4+ hours before getting in. If it's not obscenely more expensive, I'll probably opt out of the electronic tickets.

Just put your phone in your lanyard. Problem solved.