Still a problem for players

getnasty

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":vlnatzno said:
TwistedHusky":vlnatzno said:
There are 3 possible explanations for the problem:

1 - This was all Bevell. Pete is just ridiculously loyal to his coordinators and so allowed this problem to fester. Removing him should somewhat solve the problem.

2 - This was actually Pete's call. The reason he was so ridiculously loyal to Bevell in spite of the horrific results on the field is somewhat the guilt in knowing that the blame on Bevell, and subsequent 'hatred', was improperly attributed. Removing him might have solved the problem, but only if the players believe the blame was Bevell's. The accountability culture does get decimated in this instance.

3 - This was a mistake by Wilson. The ball needed to go somewhere else but the staff is protecting him. Least likely option, but certainly at least possible.

4 - There was nothing wrong with the bloody play call and the Patriots just made a good flippin' play.

But of course we can't have that. Leaves no scapegoat.

I don't think it was the best call in the world but at the same time Kearse did not execute his job, Russ made a terrible throw and Butler made a great play. If anyone of those things are slightly different we win back to back titles, Bevell looks like a hero for some great play calling at the end of the game and the end of the first half too.

irocdave

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1ju16xlb said:
THE TABS":1ju16xlb said:
Seanhawk":1ju16xlb said:
But, but, what about the 10 point lead you gave up? That was the question.

Coming into that game, Kam was playing with a torn MCL, Sherm was playing with a hyperextended elbow, and Earl was playing with a torn labrum. In the cases of Sherm and Earl, they were both playing with one arm tied behind their backs. They both missed a lot of tackles that day that they normally wouldn’t have missed.

Also, Jeremy Lane blew out his knee in the first quarter, and Tharold Simon also went down in the third. By the time the fourth quarter came around, our secondary was an absolute mess, and Tom Brady took full advantage. THAT’S why we blew that lead.

As for the interception, there’s this; the way the Pats defense was aligned, RW walks in for a touchdown if we call read option on that play, AND, what hurts the most about that play to this day, NE had two time outs and did not use them, meaning that they were getting ready to CONCEDE THE TOUCHDOWN.

That’s what hurts the most about that day.

True. There's video of the Pats sideline and you can see Belichek literally recognize the play that's going to be called. For a second he's stunned because it seems so stupid. Then they prepare for it.

And win the game.

I agree our D allowed the comeback - but then again, it is NE and comebacks are Brady's thing - GOAT.

So when you get a chance to beat them, you can't go bonehead and to this day I am convinced the Seahawks went full on bonehead with that play call at that particular time.

Agree with this line of thinking whole heartedly. I thought it when I watched it live while saying "NOOOO" and a couple years later after seeing what happened. PC and team leadership burned several bridges with players who went over and above what should be asked of injured players to win that game, namely, defensive players. Name another offensive player that had surgery after that game in the off season. Then name the defensive players that had surgery for injuries caused before the game was played and the ones who left that game and had to have surgeries to repair damaged body parts.

PC and DB tried to elevate RW's status in that game instead of just winning it. Hand the ball to Lynch and that game was over, we knew, they knew it as did every other NFL in thw owrld that watched that game. The blowhards on this forum that didnt see it that way and still dont see it that way now and... dont understand why players with a short shelf life in the league still are not happy with what happened just live in their small little world with blinders on. The next 2 win season will be their first, and last following the seahawks.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":cvlmzgf0 said:
They didn't lose that game because of that one call. They blew a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. Period.

I would say injuries is like 90 percent of the reason we lost that game. If we have a healthy defense Brady gets owned and exposed just like Manning did and they dont get to make a 4th quarter comeback.

That along with the laughable no flag when we were on offense that would of extended our drive late in the game when we were still ahead. I believe the CB completely trips our guy who was wide open and no flag called and we had to punt

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Watching that clip I'm of the opinion that MB was having some fun playing a comedy butthurt character and the usual suspects are lapping it up. Basically you have all just been trolled.

A seasoned vet like Bennett would know that a pass play there is the correct call from a clock management POV if nothing else. The call was correct, it was the play that was awful. The way some people jump on this to bash the Seahawks makes me question their motivations and affiliations.

uncle fester

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":3uxy58qv said:
SPOHAWK":3uxy58qv said:
Did Bennett play this year? Not much production! New slogan for him should be stand up, shut up and play!

8.5 sacks with a bad wheel. Not to mention numerous pressures and TFL's. Someone needs to sit down, shut up, and let him play.

^^ Yes... ^^

UK_Seahawk":3uxy58qv said:
Watching that clip I'm of the opinion that MB was having some fun playing a comedy butthurt character and the usual suspects are lapping it up. Basically you have all just been trolled.

A seasoned vet like Bennett would know that a pass play there is the correct call from a clock management POV if nothing else. The call was correct, it was the play that was awful. The way some people jump on this to bash the Seahawks makes me question their motivations and affiliations.

Also ^^ yes... ^^

But mostly...

Popeyejones":3uxy58qv said:
zchurch74":3uxy58qv said:
Bennett needs to be traded because he is no longer the player in the field he used to be. That’s it plain and simple.

But this year he plain and simply put up his second best season he's ever had on the Hawks, and he did so while battling injury all year.

People who plain and simply say Michael Bennett's play declined this year plain and simply have problems with Michael Bennett that don't have anything to do with his play.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The play call wasn't great.

The execution wasn't great.

The Patriots knew the play beforehand.

The defense blew at 10-point lead, injuries or no.

All of these things are simultaneously true, and together they added up to the worst possible scenario on the play. Change one and you could change history.

Yes, I'm quite sure it still eats at the players. Many things people do eat at them for long after, especially something so huge, and on such a huge stage. I'm not surprised to hear Bennett think that, nor do I think he's the only one who does.

As far as Bennett himself goes, to me he's simply a Terrell Owens-type player. Talented. Makes huge contributions to the team. Total headcase, and often detrimental to the team in off-field and behavioral ways. It's an upside/downside scenario. How long does the upside outweigh the downside? When does the downside begin to outweigh the upside?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":r44mzxsm said:

All of these things are simultaneously true, and together they added up to the worst possible scenario on the play. Change one and you could change history.

Yes, I'm quite sure it still eats at the players. Many things people do eat at them for long after, especially something so huge, and on such a huge stage. I'm not surprised to hear Bennett think that, nor do I think he's the only one who does.

:ditto:

But strongly disagree with the critique of Bennett's character.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1a3ubrb4 said:

As far as Bennett himself goes, to me he's simply a Terrell Owens-type player. Talented. Makes huge contributions to the team. Total headcase, and often detrimental to the team in off-field and behavioral ways. It's an upside/downside scenario. How long does the upside outweigh the downside? When does the downside begin to outweigh the upside?

Agree w/everything you said.

Carry on...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
semiahmoo":33i27hbu said:
Seahawk Sailor":33i27hbu said:

Agree w/everything you said.

Carry on...

But he didn’t say significant residual damage? Should he just shut up?

Carry on...

Seymour

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2iaemeky said:

100% agree. I believe Bennett's downside will tip the scales to the negative in 2018 myself. Bennett himself said "they may want to go younger" this year, so he is feeling the tension IMO. Bennett is clearly still butthurt over "the play", and if Pete doesn't root all that out of the roster, we will continue to set sail with the anchor down.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Good lord, some peoples abbreviated understanding of “butt hurt” and it’s impact on the team is overblown and naive.

Anyways.. Bennett is a professional athlete and, like many others, is smart enough to assess his value with the team and league.

Seymour

Reaction score
Good Lord. Someone confuses their opinion as "fact".

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, good thing the Hawks didn't make the playoffs, because the fans decided there was absolutely NO shot of them winning :lol:
Fan opinions are fact, obviously.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":2w1xk1mq said:

Knowing is the first step. Good luck with the rest of your recovery.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2w5f9nvv said:
Seymour":2w5f9nvv said:

Poster or post?

Nice try but it's admission anyway, but the low blow will be remembered. :141847_bnono:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":30prlsl1 said:
Uncle Si":30prlsl1 said:
Seymour":30prlsl1 said:

Poster or post?

Nice try but it's admission anyway, but the low blow will be remembered. :141847_bnono:

Yawn

Your post was overblown and naive. Your response was directed at a poster (me) I responded in kind.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1vi0wv7t said:
Seymour":1vi0wv7t said:
Uncle Si":1vi0wv7t said:
Seymour":1vi0wv7t said:

Poster or post?

Yawn

Your post was overblown and naive. Your response was directed at a poster. I responded in kind.

Bullshit.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Edgy.

Go ahead read through it again (slower this time) and try to understand.

Or not. I don’t care.