Stupid Clowney hype has started already

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":dikp3ngk said:
ivotuk":dikp3ngk said:
You would have thought that he took out the whole offensive line, sacked the QB and caught the RB for a loss, all in one play the way pundits are talking about Clowney. It's pathetic and obvious that they are looking for the next phenom to talk about.

The play, nobody blocked Clowney and he tackled a running back that will probably be washing dishes later this year.

The God Status confirmation play? Clowney goes around some poor bastard that's been thrown in at left tackle and sacks the QB. I think it was the same guy who forgot to block him the previous play.

While I'll agree the hype train has started and probably will keep going no matter what Clowney does, I think you're unfairly criticizing Clowney on these two plays. Kind of like you've made up your mind about him no matter what he does, the flip side of the media hype train. .

And you know this how? Oh, you have made up your mind about me when you have no idea who I am.

I might change my mind if he becomes the next LT or Bruce Smith. And it is my humble opinion, that Sam Baker was not that great of a tackle, especially coming off an injury. In fact, he is injury prone and I wonder if he'll be able to make it back from this one. Putting a rookie tackle on the right side does not mean that the established left tackle is elite, it only means that they trust him more than a rookie.

I realize that Clowney is fast, but Aaron Curry could have made that tackle. It wasn't worthy of "hero status." Atlanta is a crap team, and Houston has an elite defense. It shouldn't be that hard to have success playing there, but I have yet to see the kind of plays that the news coverage would indicate that he is making.

And my problem isn't with Clowney himself, it's the tiring drivel that the news cycle keeps throwing out there. Give me something new, something original, something about some young prospects who are succeeding where no one thought they would. Instead I'm forced to navigate through "Clowney makes devastating hit!" and "First openly gay player gets his first sack!" and soon it will be "Fail Mary!" Good Lord, are there any real journalists out there?

THank God for .NET

pmedic920

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2to8kcs0 said:
pmedic920":2to8kcs0 said:
My wife and daughter went to the last public practice @ Texans.
Mind you they are nothing more than casual observers.
The one thing that stood out to them aside from getting to see JJ was....
"Omg honey you should have seen this one guy" "he was huge, and so fast"
I asked who was it?
"I don't know, he looked like that predator thing"
Stupid girls.
Any way we looked at the pictures, she said him and pointed at J.C.
IF he stood out to my wife as being "huge and fast" that's saying something.

Least to me it is. :{)
Your wife and daughters seem intelligent. Also if we had Watt and Clowney the NFL might just fold because of competitive imbalance.

They are, I was joking.
On the other thing, imagine the rule changes after that season. :)