Super Bowl Speculation.

marko358

Reaction score
Ramfan128":30hwtzq1 said:
I think the AFC has a decent shot. You know they've won two of the past three super bowls, and all against NFC West teams?

How does that affect what happens this year? Answer = It doesn't.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Ramfan128":13qua5gy said:
I'd pick the Patriots to beat any NFC team.

I'd pick the Steelers to beat the Panthers.

I don't think the Chiefs really have a shot.

I'd pick the Broncos to beat the Seahawks and Panthers.

Don't think the Bengals or Texans have a shot.

I wouldn't sleep on the Broncos - their defense could carry them through the AFC...and they are the type of defense that could dominate the Seahawks offense. Their pass rush is better than the Rams.

I think the AFC has a decent shot. You know they've won two of the past three super bowls, and all against NFC West teams?
Donkeys ain't beatin' Seattle or Carolina with Pey Pey at QB. Both team's defenses are too good and he's got no zip on his throws still. And, I don't think Brock Ostrich can even get them to the Owl.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":17cr2xux said:
Ramfan128":17cr2xux said:

I wouldn't sleep on the Broncos - their defense could carry them through the AFC...and they are the type of defense that could dominate the Seahawks offense. Their pass rush is better than the Rams.

Donkeys ain't beatin' Seattle or Carolina with Pey Pey at QB. Both team's defenses are too good and he's got no zip on his throws still. And, I don't think Brock Ostrich can even get them to the Owl.

Going to be real hard for Denver to get to the Owl when they lose their first game too.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I'll basically be happy as long as the Chiefs don't win the Super Bowl.

If they do it's going to make the pathetic, stolkhom syndrome Alex Smith obsessives of the 49ers fanbase completely unbearable for the next decade. I'm shuddering just thinking about it.

As for predictions, I truly don't think any team in the NFL competely stands out from all the others this year.

Zona was the closest to being a complete team, but the loss of Mathieu really exposes how incomplete their defense is.

I guess the closest I'd get would be to say that if the Chiefs, Texans, Vikings, Packers, Patriots, or Redskins win the Super Bowl I'll be surprised, and if the Steelers, Bengals, Seahawks, Cardinals, Broncos or Panthers win the Super Bowl I'll be less surprised.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
marko358":2mdfnnse said:
Ramfan128":2mdfnnse said:

That's true...but then asking if the AFC has a shot is kind of ridiculous. Of course they do.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3pek1b8u said:
hawksfansinceday1":3pek1b8u said:
Ramfan128":3pek1b8u said:

Going to be real hard for Denver to get to the Owl when they lose their first game too.[/quote

They might - but only because they'd be playing the Steelers. They played them tough in Pittsburgh, this one would be in Denver. I'd still bet on the Broncos to win.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1mzjug75 said:
I'll basically be happy as long as the Chiefs don't win the Super Bowl.

If they do it's going to make the pathetic, stolkhom syndrome Alex Smith obsessives of the 49ers fanbase completely unbearable for the next decade. I'm shuddering just thinking about it.

As for predictions, I truly don't think any team in the NFL competely stands out from all the others this year.

Zona was the closest to being a complete team, but the loss of Mathieu really exposes how incomplete their defense is.

I guess the closest I'd get would be to say that if the Chiefs, Texans, Vikings, Packers, Patriots, or Redskins win the Super Bowl I'll be surprised, and if the Steelers, Bengals, Seahawks, Cardinals, Broncos or Panthers win the Super Bowl I'll be less surprised.
That's an interesting point, the Niners - Smith angle.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1mlbs19t said:
Ramfan128":1mlbs19t said:

That's assuming Seattle or Carolina could score points on Denver...which I don't think they could. One day some team will actually watch how the Rams play Seattle and Denver just happens to possess a lot of the strengths we do on defense, only they do it better.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1i3r55iy said:
hawksfansinceday1":1i3r55iy said:
Ramfan128":1i3r55iy said:

That's assuming Seattle or Carolina could score points on Denver...which I don't think they could. One day some team will actually watch how the Rams play Seattle and Denver just happens to possess a lot of the strengths we do on defense, only they do it better.

And one day the Rams will put a roster together that can challenge the other 30 teams rather focus on just competing against one team.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":1jc0brzo said:
Ramfan128":1jc0brzo said:
hawksfansinceday1":1jc0brzo said:
Ramfan128":1jc0brzo said:

And one day the Rams will put a roster together that can challenge the other 30 teams rather focus on just competing against one team.
7-9

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pmedic920":3ovwdmxi said:
Is there any chance that the AFC wins it this year?

Literally yes, but "come on man".
Is there really a chance? Anybody what to speak on this?
Yes. Don't discount Kansas City. They are Carolina but not injured. Maclin is the real deal and that defense is just as good as Seattle's and Ware is all that we hoped he be. He's a load and just a piece of a three back rotation that is serious trouble. And their TE Kelsey is trouble. Luckily Reid outsmarts himself sometimes and can be had big time.

Pittsburgh is big trouble on a neutral field and Denver has a defense in the style of the Rams but better. They have the capability to destroy our OL and literally kill Wilson if we don't do any less than our A game.

Then you have the Bill and Tom Show. I don't believe they get out of Denver if Kansas City doesn't just roll them anyway but they're in. We're much like them now which is awesome for a fan like myself in Chiefs Kingdom at ground zero.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Ramfan128":bd4b64uh said:
Do you really think other teams haven't studied Rams v. Seahawks film? Seriously? That statement makes you look very foolish.

HawkGA

Reaction score
If they make the game, the Stealers. But I think they are going to have 3 tough games to get through first.

K.C. is a no. I don't think Denver can do it. Too much QB trouble there. Brock isn't really that good and Peyton, well, Peyton.

I doubt it will be Cincy, but given the AFC's current state, it certainly could be.

New England is, well, New England.

Ruminator

Reaction score
AFC Division:
KC beats NE
PIT loses to DEN

AFCC:
KC beats DEN

NFC Division:
SEA beats CAR
GB loses to ARI

NFCC:
SEA beats ARI

Super Crazy Wildcard Bowl 50: SEA beats KC

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
marko358":bpx2vl3j said:
Ramfan128":bpx2vl3j said:

Funny thing is in those 2 losses both teams from the NFC west had the ball within 5 yards of the endzone to win the game.