Surprise Cuts? And all other roster cuts!

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Jake Curhan. I don't think it happens. But he had a few really bad snaps in the last game that I wouldn't want to see in even a backup player.

pmedic920

Reaction score
For the record in case any are confused.

I’ve merged three “roster cut” threads into one.

Please post your opinions and notations here.
This one was selected by the software based on date/time of OP. It was not a choice I made.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

GoHawks.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
There's going to be cuts of guys who end up being re-signed due to the IR rules. It's going to be a at least Wednesday before we really know what the final roster looks like, and even then there will be changes.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Same. Even though Mac hasn’t even played yet, I feel like he’d be snatched up in a heartbeat if we took the gamble of trying to get him to the PS. Way too risky/stupid to try.

A 7th round RB who hasn't improved his stock since draft day is typically a pretty safe stash. Yet I do agree with you - I really like the kid and hope we keep him on the active roster, just to be safe.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Emil Ekiyor is an interesting name from that list you provided. From what I remember hearing about him, he was an absolute road grader but needed work on his pass blocking. Would be a good project. Not sold on Bradford just yet.

JPatera76

Reaction score
A 7th round RB who hasn't improved his stock since draft day is typically a pretty safe stash. Yet I do agree with you - I really like the kid and hope we keep him on the active roster, just to be safe.
The team can protect 4 players each week on the PS from being signed (poached) from other teams

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I really like Dallas and would be disappointed to see him go. He has a "fire hydrant" type body with a low center of gravity and can get leverage under bigger players. He really delivered as a runner in the last game and is a powerful blocker as well. We have a lot of talent in the running back group, but I think Dallas brings something different.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Non Seahawk related cuts have been moved and stickied to

Feel free to add in there.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Kind of surprised that DJ is gone but he's never gonna be a decent fill in if a starter goes down. I'm sure he will get work elsewhere

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Is this a surprise? Not a cut for sure but have to think that's what he's saying here

I just saw that a few minutes ago. Sure sounds like he’s gone due to the timing. I’m sad if so bc I like him as a player and person, but it’s a business.
Now that said, I’ll very happy if that means SaRodorick Thompson can stick around.
If DeeJay is getting the axe, best wishes to him and I don’t think his playing days are over just yet.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Is this a surprise? Not a cut for sure but have to think that's what he's saying here

Looks like he deleted it a few minutes ago. Wonder if he was just trolling with a cryptic tweetpost, or he just decided that wasn’t the way to announce it 🤷🏻