Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Ya...the Sonics played there back in 1994-95 season. I went to a playoff game against the Lakers there. If I recall correctly, the sight lines from some of the seats were awful.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":fpttocu3 said:
Hawkfan77":fpttocu3 said:
Sgt. Largent":fpttocu3 said:
Like what? All those awesome renovations to Key Arena to attract pro sports teams? Or all the traffic infrastructure changes in and around Key Arena? Or tons more parking? Or is it the horrible cargo bay into Key Arena, which is why 50% of the big concerts and events are at the Tacoma Dome.

The T-Dome is not ideal, but to defend Key Arena makes no sense to me. It's a terrible facility for just about everything.
I guess I missed the part where I defended Key Arena, please that out to me, thanks.

And if you think the Tacoma Dome compares favorably to Key Arena, well then...I'm not sure there's anything else to say

The part where you said;

This. Quite a bit has changed in the last 21 years.

Then went on to list absolutely nothing that's changed or backs up your opinion. So yes, we have nothing else to say.
So me saying quite a bit has changed in 21 years means that I defended Key Arena? That's a strrrrrrreeeeeeettttttttccccchhhhhh even for you largent.

Key Arena is a dump and should be torn down. But as bad as it is, it's so much better than the tacoma dome. Uh oh, I just called key arena a dump, but according to you that equals defending

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":359c0gsb said:
Hawkfan77":359c0gsb said:
Sgt. Largent":359c0gsb said:
Like what? All those awesome renovations to Key Arena to attract pro sports teams? Or all the traffic infrastructure changes in and around Key Arena? Or tons more parking? Or is it the horrible cargo bay into Key Arena, which is why 50% of the big concerts and events are at the Tacoma Dome.

The T-Dome is not ideal, but to defend Key Arena makes no sense to me. It's a terrible facility for just about everything.
I guess I missed the part where I defended Key Arena, please that out to me, thanks.

And if you think the Tacoma Dome compares favorably to Key Arena, well then...I'm not sure there's anything else to say

The part where you said;

This. Quite a bit has changed in the last 21 years.

Then went on to list absolutely nothing that's changed or backs up your opinion. So yes, we have nothing else to say.

Dude, you are completely reaching for an argument here. For as bad as the Key is, the Tacoma Dome is 100x worse. And add in the awful location of Tacoma on top of it, and it makes absolutely no sense.

Where the Sonics played 20+ years ago on a temporary basis has absolutely no merit.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
chris98251":11glw65s said:
So Tacoma is worse then Oklahoma City?

This is nothing more than a false choice. This question has no relevance to the discussion at hand.

nategreat

Reaction score
chris98251":3dg5bos3 said:

The only thing worse than Oklahoma City is the rest of Oklahoma state. :snack:

Ooops, back on topic... go Sonics.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":24ozzwxz said:
chris98251":24ozzwxz said:

This is nothing more than a false choice. This question has no relevance to the discussion at hand.

Sure it does, the bitching about this is what created the open door for the Sonics to leave to begin with.

Think about it, this is a bitchfest about a temporary location that will lose money and not have optimal viewing or seating environment, it is why it is called temporary. If it was a permanent location that met all those standards the Sonics would still be here.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
chris98251":18t98rnw said:
Seahawks1983":18t98rnw said:
chris98251":18t98rnw said:

Sure it does, the bitching about this is what created the open door for the Sonics to leave to begin with.

Think about it, this is a bitchfest about a temporary location that will lose money and not have optimal viewing or seating environment, it is why it is called temporary. If it was a permanent location that met all those standards the Sonics would still be here.

F42d3c07016abfb055fa43bd7d8298b63cb644f39cefcfe6c8