Tate not happy with us

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
The same guy who taunted his opponent mid-play on national tv is getting bent out of shape and pouting because of some Twitter comments? Get real, GT

DavidSeven

Reaction score
e0ac4f260c1111e3bf1c22000aa8008f_7.jpg

theascension

Reaction score
I just re-watched the 49ers/hawks NFCCG he was basically nowhere to be seen, on run plays he didn't even seem to make an effort to block. On the kearse 4th and 6 he was blanketed.
Wilson just straight up favored Kearse/Baldwin since Tate never got open. Pete Carroll likes to try and find players that stand out in championship games, that Tate hasn't done well in playoffs alone probably showed there's little more progress we could have made with Tate. I think he hit his peak here and will only find success in Detroit because Megatron will have everyone on him. But he'll still disappear against good secondaries.

OrFan

Reaction score
Tate was great for us, I loved watching him play.

I, and most others love the team though, not just the players. We do not go root for them each Sunday when they play for another team, we root for the Seahawks.

Like the players love to say all the time, "It's nothing personal, it's just business!"

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'll bet he's regretting that comment about now. It's front page news at nfl.com and espn/nfl. Pete even called him after he signed with Detroit and tips him if there's anything he needs to just call.

Tate is a passionate guy though and is going to say and do things that get him in trouble. But that passion is also what makes him such a great player.

I wish him nothing but the best and hope he learns to tone it down a bit.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jeez Golden, you should know better then anyone then to piss off the 12's and then make comments towards the organzation. Guess we will see how you do when we see ya this season and you go against the defense full speed.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":18notojr said:
I've noticed that players are getting rankled by the .01% of fans who engage on twitter. If I were an athlete I would just NOT do twitter.
Especially if he can't think objectively. I'm sure he took statistics in college and Twitter is far from a legitimate sampling method.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3gfaoxg5 said:
I really don't get the need to direct any animosity at Tate whatsoever. How is he the bad guy in this? The Seahawks go out and pay Harvin $11M/yr and then offer Tate a joke of a deal with guarantees that are likely smaller than ONE YEAR of Harvin's contract. Obviously, the Seahawks essentially made a business decision to move on (one that I don't necessarily disagree with). Throwing pot shots at him about having to play on Detroit or whatever is really unecessary.
Agree. The Hawks did the metaphorical equivalent of putting a penny under an upside down water glass. The better move was to let him walk.

jkitsune

Reaction score
People say things that come out slightly differently than they are meant in the heat of the moment. Tate also said he wants to buy a house in Seattle. I don't think this is really that ugly of a breakup. Sure, it's not as quiet and peaceful as Red Bryant, but then again, it sounds like they REALLY low-balled him.

Whatever he says, I'll still love him.

Wartooth

Reaction score
To listen to him talk, you would think he carried this team on his back!
He could have just acted like a grown man, and not whined.
He could have said he hates leaving, but he is doing what's best for him, and left it at that.
But he had to play 'whoa is me', 'I did so much', 'Laughable', totally disrespecting the team.
Nah, he made his bed, hope he enjoys it in Detroit.
Knowing the Lions won't sniff the playoffs, he won't play the Hawks until next year.
I hope the LOB bounce him around like a ping pong ball out there.
And that Kam gets a shot at him!

253hawk

Reaction score
The way he's acting, you'd think Seattle didn't get to the SB and win a ring or something. Lots of great players, hell, legends never even had that opportunity. Be a little more grateful, dude. You went from an elite team to a crap heap who aren't going to win a SB any time soon.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I suppose he doesn't think Chris Clemmons or Red Bryant contributed as much as himself? Tough choices were coming after the Super Bowl and tough choices were made. No Bigz, he got a very decent payday for a 'B' WR. He's got maybe 2-3yrs of security at Detroit, but I'm not so sure he's going to like being 'secure' with that team. A one-year deal to put up stat's playing next to Megatron, then a jump to a better team may end-up being better in hindsight, depending on where his true priorities are. :?

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Listen to the actual audio of the interview, you can hear it in his tone. He is SO MAD. "They were offering people 3 times what I was gonna get".... I'm still trying to figure out who they offered 12 Mil/year since our offer was apparently around 4 Mil a year.

Latest posts