Tate visiting Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
We all know the things we love about Tate, but here are some things that you don't have to worry about to help you feel better if he does go:

1) Immaturity on the field with the unneccessary taunting, making the team and franchise look bad.
2) I can remember several first down catches Tate made only to turn back and attempt to make a bigger play and by stroke of luck still at least manage a first down. Had he taken a misstep, he could have lost those first down catches.

ErikG803

Reaction score
I think it'd be a big mistake to let Tate go, but I really am hopeful they won't unless he gets some kind of out-of-this-world offer from somewhere else. I keep trying to reassure myself that Tate is this FO's guy, he was their first 2nd round pick and he's become pretty much everything you could expect from him-- one of the most elusive guys in the NFL with the ball in his hands, a guy who will make circus catches and go get deep balls with no real dropsie problems, a very good blocker, and possibly the best PR guy in the game.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am hoping the Clem cut makes room for Tate. I would HATE to see him in Detroit. He is so undervalued on this board. He is a beast IMO.

Laloosh

Reaction score
@davebirkett: Golden Tate getting a tour of the Lions' Allen Park facilities at this moment from Lions WR coach Robert Prince

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
"According to Softy from KJR / Tate's agent, Golden Tate turned down a 5 year, 35 million deal with 17.5 mil guaranteed from the Seahawks to explore the open market."

Damn, he really is looking for HUGE money. Bye Tate!!!!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2yigulr0 said:
"According to Softy from KJR / Tate's agent, Golden Tate turned down a 5 year, 35 million deal with 17.5 mil guaranteed from the Seahawks to explore the open market."

I have a hard time believing he turned that kind of money down. I would think he'd have run right to VMAC to sign that kind of offer

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Fake. Tate's agent lying through his teeth to get big offers. Same misinformation was out there about Bennett.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I seriously doubt they offered 7/35. In fact, I could see it quoted from every single "source" out there and still wouldn't believe it.

He's not worth 7 mil a year.

Basis4day

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2755lxok said:
I seriously doubt they offered 7/35. In fact, I could see it quoted from every single "source" out there and still wouldn't believe it.

If it is true and still on the table there is no reason not to still see what is out their. Tate wasn't exactly raking in the dough while here.

I want him back, but if he can get paid somewhere else i wouldn't hold it against him.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
If not true, why do these guys lie? Isn't that crooked? I hate this time of year. :/

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":baxsdx33 said:
AbsolutNET":baxsdx33 said:
Seahwkgal":baxsdx33 said:

I have a hard time believing he turned that kind of money down. I would think he'd have run right to VMAC to sign that kind of offer

I have a hard time believing we offered 7 per.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. IF that money was offered, he wouldn't have turned it down. I can't imagine the numbers are accurate.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If Tate was offered that, then he's a liar when he said he would accept less to play here. No one is going to offer significantly more than that.

I'm not buying it.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":3ibwnjsn said:
All I know is my finger hurts from hitting refresh all morning.

lol. Ain't that the truth! I haven't gotten squat done today.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Tate's gone. They know what contract Seattle offered him (which I'm sure is the max), they aren't going to offer him less.

jkitsune

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2lqpdvtm said:
If Tate was offered that, then he's a liar when he said he would accept less to play here. No one is going to offer significantly more than that.

I'm not buying it.

Even if he was offered that, there's no reason not to take visits and explore the open market unless you really don't want to. It's like recruitment - being wined and dined and exploring/imagining what your options are is fun. Maybe he goes and realizes he doesn't want to be anywhere else. Either way, this is his experience to enjoy to its utmost.

Incidentally, if someone is willing to drop $9m/year on him (I doubt it), and I were him (I wish), I'd have to consider it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3a9uoogz said:
Tate's gone. They know what contract Seattle offered him (which I'm sure is the max), they aren't going to offer him less.

not saying he isnt...

but can you fault a guy for letting teams fly him around the country telling him how great he is?

come on... Tate may come back just fine, but who can fault him enjoying the process. this happens once, if youre lucky twice in an NFL players career.

Sac

Reaction score
Basis4day":3w3u1ajp said:
SoulfishHawk":3w3u1ajp said:

If it is true and still on the table there is no reason not to still see what is out their. Tate wasn't exactly raking in the dough while here.

I want him back, but if he can get paid somewhere else i wouldn't hold it against him.

You don't math very well. 7/35 = 5 per year.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Damn, if that's true then wow. I'm unapologetic about being Tate's biggest fanboy but I think that's about as much as even I would offer him. If he considers that contract to be too much of a hometown discount I'm extremely curious to see what he ends up getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts