Tate visiting Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":15kxwjfk said:
Basis4day":15kxwjfk said:
SoulfishHawk":15kxwjfk said:
I seriously doubt they offered 7/35. In fact, I could see it quoted from every single "source" out there and still wouldn't believe it.

He's not worth 7 mil a year.

If it is true and still on the table there is no reason not to still see what is out their. Tate wasn't exactly raking in the dough while here.

I want him back, but if he can get paid somewhere else i wouldn't hold it against him.

You don't math very well. 7/35 = 5 per year.

I think he wrote it wrong. 5/35 was the original number thrown out there.

plyka

Reaction score
If Tate was offered a BETTER contract than Bennett by the Hawks I would be absolutely astonished. If someone would give me action, I'd place a bet right now that the offer was never made.

ErikG803

Reaction score
I wonder how much LaFell is looking for; I didn't even realize he was out there.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3nzolf23 said:
SonicHawk":3nzolf23 said:
Tate's gone. They know what contract Seattle offered him (which I'm sure is the max), they aren't going to offer him less.

not saying he isnt...

but can you fault a guy for letting teams fly him around the country telling him how great he is?

come on... Tate may come back just fine, but who can fault him enjoying the process. this happens once, if youre lucky twice in an NFL players career.

Of course not.

I would do the same thing.

Seaswab

Reaction score
thats not what he was offered, that is what some agent threw out that he should ask for.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Understandable. When I saw the 7/35 I was very confused as well. Thought you had heard something else.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That would be an awesome contract, and exactly what he's worth. Never know, may still keep him. Shoot, it looked like Bennett was gone too.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":18dcv00k said:
That would be an awesome contract, and exactly what he's worth. Never know, may still keep him. Shoot, it looked like Bennett was gone too.

They could have told him test the market and let me know what you can get and lets talk.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
The way the Lions NFL reporter sounds on the NFL Network, you would swear that Tate will be signing over there within the hour. I really hope she(the blonde reporter)is wrong about this...((biting nails)) Within an hour we should know.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Lions website says its a done deal. Well goodbye Golden, enjoy that shithole.

oasis

Reaction score
Kind of ironic that tate was talking about the hometime discount and Bennett was talking all about the cheddar.

bandiger

Reaction score
Well, lets move on. Sad fact we can't keep everyone, it will hurt next off season too.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
God speed Golden Tate, thank you for helping us win the super bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts