Reaction score
Maulbert":3o5kewz8 said:
seahawksny":3o5kewz8 said:
idahawks":3o5kewz8 said:
seahawksny":3o5kewz8 said:
Honestly gotta say Carolina
We have given up an average of 6 points over last 5 games

Carolina I read is giving up only 10. Very similar stats

Two great defenses, and our last three games in regular season vs them have been dogfights.

If we do play them i would expect mirror images of some of our nfc west division slugfests.

You're kidding right? The 7-8-1 panthers who we've beat 3 years in a row now on the road? You do know we beat them this year in Carolina in week 8. I'd predict a 31-6 beat down at clink at this point in the season. I honestly think the cards may take them this weekend. The south is a joke.

No im not kidding
Week 8 was as tight as they come. 13-7 and could have broken our season. Also and its pretty hard not to notice, we have looked better on road than at home in recent weeks. Cards could take them, but might not

West was a joke in '10- Tell that to Drew Brees. Any given Sunday

True, and that's why I expect Carolina to beat Arizona. But in '10, Seattle then went on the road and was blown out by Jay Cutler. JAY CUTLER. Cam Newton has never played in Seattle before. The 12's will be waiting.

yes, that game in chicago was painful-

Remember one thing.....Carolina, like us in 2010 is out to prove to Goodell and the world that they belong. I really do expect them to beat AZ

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I don't even expect Carolina to beat Arizona.

Sjothun5

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":2nsp8enk said:
not really worried about any one team. I guess that means I am worried about all teams equally. Any given Sunday, right?

:13:

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2rn2piul said:
I don't even expect Carolina to beat Arizona.

Both teams are out to prove something.
Carolina- a 7-8-1 team belongs
Arizona- we belong even with a 3rd stringer at QB

Its the most intriguing matchup in the wild card round in my opinion

OpHawk

Reaction score
The team that concerns me the most? Dallas

Also the team I believe the locker room looks forward to playing the most.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
seahawksny":2tnet5wq said:
idahawks":2tnet5wq said:
seahawksny":2tnet5wq said:

Two great defenses, and our last three games in regular season vs them have been dogfights.

If we do play them i would expect mirror images of some of our nfc west division slugfests.

You're kidding right? The 7-8-1 panthers who we've beat 3 years in a row now on the road? You do know we beat them this year in Carolina in week 8. I'd predict a 31-6 beat down at clink at this point in the season. I honestly think the cards may take them this weekend. The south is a joke.

No im not kidding
Week 8 was as tight as they come. 13-7 and could have broken our season. Also and its pretty hard not to notice, we have looked better on road than at home in recent weeks. Cards could take them, but might not

...the team that scares you the most is now being defended by "any given Sunday"?

drdiags

Reaction score
A couple things to think about. The Rams were moving the ball pretty well against the Seahawks in the second half of the most recent game with Shaun Hill. The Panthers defense, though not as dominant as last season, would fit well in the NFC West.

I think the Panthers with Newton got a taste of the playoffs last year and will play under much better emotional control this year. They will have a tough task getting past the Cardinals defense but the Cardinals need Lindley to play a little better than he did last week or maybe Stanton comes back and puts up enough to keep Carolina at bay.

I wouldn't say I am scared of any team in the playoffs, but I respect all of them.

idahawks

Reaction score
seahawksny":13hhxkbp said:
idahawks":13hhxkbp said:
seahawksny":13hhxkbp said:

No im not kidding

With the "any given Sunday" argument yes they might win. And yes they could probably play us close. But most likely if we played that at Clink in the play offs we would be 8+ point favorites and we would probably win.

IMHO play off teams that are more likely to beat us than Carolina: Dallas, Green Bay, Detroit.

And I'll say AZ and Carolina have an equal chance of beating us at home. Which is about 15%. If Lindely throws less than 2 picks az has a good chance of beating the panthers.

aawolf

Reaction score
The most impressive thing about the Panthers, which gets lost in the hype over Cam Newton, is that the defense has the ability to shut teams down. They are very similar to Seattle in this way. They get pressure and have shown the ability to shut down the run. On the other hand, their offense is not very good at moving the ball unless they are running the ball well. This is an interesting matchup as we've seen when the Seahawks barely came out of Carolina with a win the past few years. The 12th man is truly the difference if these two teams meet though, so I don't give Carolina a very good chance of winning.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
The problem with the defense-heavy teams that struggle on offense (Arizona, St. Louis, Carolina) is basically that the odds are significantly higher that they'll be held to a low score than that they'll hold Seattle to a low score.

Obviously it's totally possible that their defense balls out and makes it a low-scoring nail-biter that they have a chance to win, but they have to really rely on their defense to make no significant mistakes all game long in order to do it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I can see being worried about them and that defense. Cam has also been playing better, but he's not lighting it up through the air. We play Cam twice a year, his name is Colin Kaepernick.

This is a team we've beaten, what, 3 times in a row at their house ? I find it difficult to be truly scared of them in our house.

Normally, this team might come out relaxed against a 7-8-1 team and screw up a bit in the first half (think Tampa last year), but in the playoffs, this entire team are hot blooded killers. They will crush anyone that comes to the CLink in the playoffs.

Dallas worries me more than most as they have the most balance on offense, and balance is the hardest to defend.

mikeak

Reaction score
Cam's performance against Atlanta is like signing a guy that manages to get pressure on the qb during pre-season.

When you play against guys that are barely NFL caliber then decent players can look fantastic. Watch what happens next week against Arizona when Cam will face pressure and real corners. I do think Panthers may barely beat Arizona but it will be after three interceptions and I think it is likelier that Arizona's defense scores more than the Panthers team.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2axitmcs said:
ctrcat":2axitmcs said:
Quite the opposite I was honestly not expecting anything after the Vikings game or the car accident. Love him or hate him it's nothing short of impressive for someone to recover from a serious car accident that fast and play football at the highest level regardless of opponent. Just adding additional insight is all.

It absolutely is impressive what Cam's done post car accident. Hell, most people thought he was probably done for the year.

But he's been terrible against the Hawks............IN Carolina. So I give him no shot to come up here after getting pounded by a very good Arizona D and compete against an even better more physical D.

Carolina is a nice story how they finished, but that's it.

While no one would argue in a bottom line league of W/L's that he's been terrific, not sure why people think he's been terrible either. He's only got 1 INT to his name in those three games and that was simply a matter of trying to make a spectacular play on a backward flip than it was being bamboozled by the LOB. The last two games have only had 9 possessions for each team, 2.5 less than the 11.5 average for NFL teams. While it hasn't resulted in wins, I think it's a massive understatement that, Benjamin's insane catch aside, the LOB has an advantage on paper over the Panther WRs, and the gameplans have put each team in position to win. Predictably they have been close games. Overall he truly did play like crap, IMO, in 2012 throwing the ball into the dirt for the game winner. But with no defender close I do wonder if it was that his mind was on the maddening loss @ATL the week prior.

The Panthers were +10 @NO and have lost at home to NO, ATL, and SF in the last two years but won on the road. The stereotype of Cam is one that will fold when things aren't going well. The reality of Cam is winning down 24 at Alabama in college and winning back to back division titles with a bum ankle, ribs, and back, and a relatively weak supporting cast, never complaining once.

Again I have no prediction and respect the champs, especially in their own house, but just fwiw. I do obviously hope it happens as I think the Panthers are truly playing with house money at this point and can let the chips fall where they may. I would be shocked if they lost tomorrow, but, that can happen too.

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
I don't think Cam has the mental toughness to eek out a win in the Clink.

lukerguy

Reaction score
So the Panthers win 5 straight including 4 against the dreadful NFC south, the other one was the lowly Browns, and people are afraid of them? I honestly think the Cards can do them in Carolina no problem. The Cards may have a backup QB, but the NFC west strength of schedule is extremely difficult, compared to the NFC south being very easy.

I watched Carolina for some of the years (shamefully because I owned Cam in FF), and their protection and oline have serious issues. They have looked a lot better since Cam has gotten healthier, but I still don't see them as better than Dallas or GB.

Northhawk

Reaction score
idahawks":ljyf8n7b said:
seahawksny":ljyf8n7b said:
idahawks":ljyf8n7b said:
seahawksny":ljyf8n7b said:

No im not kidding

With the "any given Sunday" argument yes they might win. And yes they could probably play us close. But most likely if we played that at Clink in the play offs we would be 8+ point favorites and we would probably win.

IMHO play off teams that are more likely to beat us than Carolina: Dallas, Green Bay, Detroit.

And I'll say AZ and Carolina have an equal chance of beating us at home. Which is about 15%. If Lindely throws less than 2 picks az has a good chance of beating the panthers.

This ^

Dallas scares me the most followed by Detroit because we don't do well against big d-lines. Add the Cowboys' running game and they will be a handful but I think the Hawks' improved D (from earlier this season) will come out on top.

P.S. According to the NFL Network, Dallas has already won the Super Bowl and they are set to eclipse the Cowboy's of the 1990's.

Gawd, it's sickening to watch this dribble but expected I guess since they are "America's Team". Just wondering who outside of Dallas/Ft. Worth pulls for this team.

Ya, ya, there's one born every minute.

ctrcat

Reaction score
^ Sorry to call you out on your own forum but to imply the Cowboys have a better DL than the Panthers may need a hard second look, to be kind. Even without Hardy, a now healthy Johnson, Short, Lotulelei, Ealy, Alexander, etc al > the Cowboys, who rotate Hayden and McClain, both former Panther scrap heap nothings.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
ctrcat":128saua4 said:
^ Sorry to call you out on your own forum but to imply the Cowboys have a better DL than the Panthers may need a hard second look, to be kind. Even without Hardy, a now healthy Johnson, Short, Lotulelei, Ealy, Alexander, etc al > the Cowboys, who rotate Hayden and McClain, both former Panther scrap heap nothings.

Read his post again. He switched subjects to Detroit.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":25lwhrdp said:
ctrcat":25lwhrdp said:

Read his post again. He switched subjects to Detroit.

Misunderstood thanks. Apologies.