Team That Scares Me Most

sc85sis

Reaction score
No team "scares" me. Do I think the Hawks could lose? Sure; this is the playoffs, where the "Any given Sunday" concept gets magnified. Do I expect the Hawks to lose? Nope, not if they play up to their capability.

Fear nothing. Expect anything. Envision the best. Go Hawks!

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I am watching them right now against a very undermanned Arizona team. We will clown stomp these guys in our house. The 12th man will help.

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
Scared? No. Team I think has the best, albeit minimal, chance to win in Seattle? Arizona.

I know, I know, we swept them this year and they have issues at QB. Still, I worry about the chances of beating the same team three times in a year. Twice is hard enough and AZ was able to win in Seattle in 2013 even when their QB threw 4 picks.

Just my opinion based more on laws of probability than opponents' talent.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Carolina scares me the least. Cam Newton's three worst games of his career are at the hands of Seattle's current defense, and all three of them were in Carolina. Please God, let him have to travel to Seattle next week!!!

vonstout

Reaction score
After watching the first half of the CAR/ARIZ game, neither of these teams look like they will give us much of a game.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The Panthers have a great defense, special teams, and a power running game. Cam is streaky though. He can get hot and burn you but if pressed he also makes a lot of mistakes. He does not respond well after being hit.

ctrcat

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2ekaqloh said:
The Panthers have a great defense, special teams, and a power running game. Cam is streaky though. He can get hot and burn you but if pressed he also makes a lot of mistakes. He does not respond well after being hit.

One of the most complementary posts on the Panthers on this site, but I must say the Panthers special teams are God-Awful, and saying "power running game" is a slight stretch. J-Stew does look healthy and fantastic however. The D is good but must prove itself more to be great IMO.

While Cam was off tonight, who isn't at times? His total resume, skill set, and body of work as a 25 year old in college and pro football take a back seat to no one. He did tonight what it took Peyton 6 years to do-win a playoff game, and Cam didn't play 4 years of college football after being groomed by an NFL QB father. What he has done this year with the injuries and supporting cast is insane. His fortitude has been tested and he has passed, and will be around for many years to come no matter what happens the rest of these playoffs.

One other thing, while home field is an advantage and the Seahawks have good players, traveling itself to the west coast means nothing. In fact, despite being 0-3 @Seattle, the Panthers are 14-9 all time on the west coast (Seattle, SF, OAK, SD, ARI).

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
seahawksny":ygv2hf1t said:
Honestly gotta say Carolina
We have given up an average of 6 points over last 5 games

Carolina I read is giving up only 10. Very similar stats

Two great defenses, and our last three games in regular season vs them have been dogfights.

If we do play them i would expect mirror images of some of our nfc west division slugfests.

I would rather play Carolina than Dallas. Carolina hasnt played in Seattle in years and probably nobody is still on the team from the last time they played in Clink. The noise will throw them off for sure. Dallas has already won here this year so they wont be as intimidated as a team like carolina who hasnt experienced "IT"! Obviously the only way we play dallas is if they win tomorrow and we see them in the NFC Championship. We will see how the chips fall!

seabowl

Reaction score
ctrcat":1wsmubpd said:
brimsalabim":1wsmubpd said:

One of the most complementary posts on the Panthers on this site, but I must say the Panthers special teams are God-Awful, and saying "power running game" is a slight stretch. J-Stew does look healthy and fantastic however. The D is good but must prove itself more to be great IMO.

While Cam was off tonight, who isn't at times? His total resume, skill set, and body of work as a 25 year old in college and pro football take a back seat to no one. He did tonight what it took Peyton 6 years to do-win a playoff game, and Cam didn't play 4 years of college football after being groomed by an NFL QB father. What he has done this year with the injuries and supporting cast is insane. His fortitude has been tested and he has passed, and will be around for many years to come no matter what happens the rest of these playoffs.

One other thing, while home field is an advantage and the Seahawks have good players, traveling itself to the west coast means nothing. In fact, despite being 0-3 @Seattle, the Panthers are 14-9 all time on the west coast (Seattle, SF, OAK, SD, ARI).

Traveling to the west coast has never been an issue for any team. The time difference only hurts when a wc team travels east. As far as the home field advantage for Seattle is concerned, you will see that home field in the Clink is unlike anywhere else.

Northhawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":2e4rf4r7 said:
brimsalabim":2e4rf4r7 said:

I was with you up to the Cam part. After watching him a little the past two years, I predict he will be your greatest weakness if Panthers come here.

He doesn't deal well with pressure. Last night was a perfect example, when the Cards went ahead Cam looked all Pey-Pey Super Bowl like. Just wait til he gets in the Clink and the Hawks D begins to harass him. I see the Hawks secondary getting 2-3 turnovers alone off errant passes.

It may not be a blow-out but I wouldn't be surprised if Cam's errors are what cost the Panthers a win if they play next week.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Team that scares me the most is team NFL, aka Rog's goons, aka the zebras.
Yesterday their handy work was on full display.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hawks are the best team in football. Other than worrying abou the zebra's doing what they can to help the Precious Cowboys or Lord Rodgers, NOBODY is better than Seattle.

sprhawkster

Reaction score
Its funny how the media assumes a teams strength stays the same for the whole year. We were is bad shape when we faced Dallas.

The Pats are the only team I'm a little worried about.