• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Team

Votes: 20 12.5%

• Total voters

Basis4day

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2w1oyh6w said:
Honestly, I hate the Redskins. I hate their colors, I hate that vacant lot of a field they play on, I think the only reason that Daniel Snyder isn't the biggest douchebag owner in American sports history is because Donald Sterling took that prize... I don't know, but I always root against the Redskins.

Interesting that you say that. I like to browse other fanbase's forums. I would expect to find the most Hawk hate on a Niner forum, but the Redskin fans HATE the Seahawks.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Basis4day":30jlz975 said:
Shadowhawk":30jlz975 said:
Honestly, I hate the Redskins. I hate their colors, I hate that vacant lot of a field they play on, I think the only reason that Daniel Snyder isn't the biggest douchebag owner in American sports history is because Donald Sterling took that prize... I don't know, but I always root against the Redskins.

Interesting that you say that. I like to browse other fanbase's forums. I would expect to find the most Hawk hate on a Niner forum, but the Redskin fans HATE the Seahawks.

I have never wanted the Skins to win a football game they weren't playing against SF.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Basis4day":vtc8rh0h said:
Shadowhawk":vtc8rh0h said:

That's cuz we've :192214: them in the playoffs the last 3 or 4 times we've played them.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Bears (go to a game at Soldier and they will move up your list), SteAlers, Cowboys. I think I only really hate Harbaugh otherwise I enjoy the heated rivalry.

Giedi

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1wyztil5 said:
Bunch of gun jumpers here. All I said was I am surprised that the Steelers didn't make the "POLL", never made a comparison to your SB or ours or anyone else's for that matter.
For what it's worth, the poll does reflect the current perceived rivalry from the 'hawk point of view. Right now it's a good one.

youngchew

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":8mswawqd said:
Basis4day":8mswawqd said:
Shadowhawk":8mswawqd said:

That's cuz we've :192214: them in the playoffs the last 3 or 4 times we've played them.

FYI to you guys, Redskins fans not liking Seattle has nothing to do with the team. It was just a Hawks few fans from years ago.

Sean Taylor, the fans #1 fan favorite Redskin at the time, was murdered on November 27th, 2007. Not even six weeks after he died, the Skins traveled to Seattle for a playoff game. Many Redskins fans were in attendence, some of them wearing Sean Taylor jerseys, and multiple Redskins fans reported being heckled by Seahawks fans, saying things like "Sean Taylor smoked cracked" and "you know he's dead, right?" We've all heard of sleezeball fans taking cheap shots, but I'm sure many of you here will agree that that's one of the most disgusting and classless things I've ever heard somebody say to an opposing fan. Richard Sherman is extremely loved by Sehawk nation, right? Imagine if he died, and opposing fans made fun of him at a game less than two months after his death? Like seriously, take about 5 seconds and actually think about if that happened. That's how Redskins fans felt...

With that said, yes, most adult, mature Redskins fans realize that a few drunk jerks in the crowd don't represent an entire fanbase. But many Skins fans were pissed because of that, including myself. I don't "hate" Seattle, but I've never really cared for the Seahawks since that happened.

I actually lived in Seattle for two years and I was in attendence during Lynch's "beastmode" run. Lynch is one of my favorite players in the league, I only wish he played for a differene team :mrgreen: . and that 2013 defense, which some argue was the #1 defense in NFL history, I was jealous LOL. A defense like that can make any QB look good. I kid I kid. :mrgreen:

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Broncos. From the John Elway years. The lead up to the SB was maddening and the victory was nice :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
youngchew":ejrvhhvs said:
hawksfansinceday1":ejrvhhvs said:
Basis4day":ejrvhhvs said:
Shadowhawk":ejrvhhvs said:

FYI to you guys, Redskins fans not liking Seattle has nothing to do with the team. It was just a Hawks few fans from years ago.

Sean Taylor, the fans #1 fan favorite Redskin at the time, was murdered on November 27th, 2007. Not even six weeks after he died, the Skins traveled to Seattle for a playoff game. Many Redskins fans were in attendence, some of them wearing Sean Taylor jerseys, and multiple Redskins fans reported being heckled by Seahawks fans, saying things like "Sean Taylor smoked cracked" and "you know he's dead, right?" We've all heard of sleezeball fans taking cheap shots, but I'm sure many of you here will agree that that's one of the most disgusting and classless things I've ever heard somebody say to an opposing fan. Richard Sherman is extremely loved by Sehawk nation, right? Imagine if he died, and opposing fans made fun of him at a game less than two months after his death? Like seriously, take about 5 seconds and actually think about if that happened. That's how Redskins fans felt...

With that said, yes, most adult, mature Redskins fans realize that a few drunk jerks in the crowd don't represent an entire fanbase. But many Skins fans were pissed because of that, including myself. I don't "hate" Seattle, but I've never really cared for the Seahawks since that happened.

I actually lived in Seattle for two years and I was in attendence during Lynch's "beastmode" run. Lynch is one of my favorite players in the league, I only wish he played for a differene team :mrgreen: . and that 2013 defense, which some argue was the #1 defense in NFL history, I was jealous LOL. A defense like that can make any QB look good. I kid I kid. :mrgreen:
Meh, I think it has more to losing 3 times in the playoffs vs Seattle vs some trumped up more than likely embellished story to justify the hate and deflect the real reason why as I just mentioned.

halfrack

Reaction score
After I automatically selected the niners, I realized, I have never, ever, Ever, EVER rooted for the Raiders, ever. That might mean something.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
youngchew":324qkizn said:

Unlike Sean Taylor, however, Richard Sherman doesn't have a history of gang violence. It also didn't come out that his death probably wasn't associated with that history for quite a while afterwards. I'm not excusing any Seahawks fans that mouthed off about it, but let's be realistic here, at that particular time most everybody around the country thought basically that a gangbanger's past caught up with him. Those situations don't invoke a lot of sympathy, by and large.

I've also seen a lot of things said about Seahawks fans by Redskins fans that are total BS and way worse than what any Seahawks fans likely realistically said about Sean Taylor. Half of the Extreme Skins forum literally thinks we all walk around with nooses in case we need them; it's pretty pathetic, really.

halfrack

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1xljn42b said:
youngchew":1xljn42b said:

Unlike Sean Taylor, however, Richard Sherman doesn't have a history of gang violence. It also didn't come out that his death probably wasn't associated with that history for quite a while afterwards. I'm not excusing any Seahawks fans that mouthed off about it, but let's be realistic here, at that particular time most everybody around the country thought basically that a gangbanger's past caught up with him. Those situations don't invoke a lot of sympathy, by and large.

I've also seen a lot of things said about Seahawks fans by Redskins fans that are total BS and way worse than what any Seahawks fans likely realistically said about Sean Taylor. Half of the Extreme Skins forum literally thinks we all walk around with nooses in case we need them; it's pretty pathetic, really.

I honestly hadn't heard that. If true, it's disgusting. The man had family and friends that loved him. No excuse. It's football, not life and death stuff.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
youngchew":3gla9kzg said:
hawksfansinceday1":3gla9kzg said:
Basis4day":3gla9kzg said:
Shadowhawk":3gla9kzg said:

Bullshit. those stories took off after the playoff loss. The only SUBSTANTIATED report of insensitivity was a blogger who was nasty towards Taylor and became the ammo the DC media used to try and make Seattle fans look like assholes. Following the loss, stories of fans being mocked about Taylor began to pop up, and have grown in stature ever since on Hawg forums, of course completely ignoring any possible role Skins fans may have played in the matters. Certain Skins fans have tried to turn the matter into racism as well, claiming Seahawk fans are bigots, extreme skins being the main and worst offender. The irony of a REDskins fan claiming racism should be clear to most.
My lasting memory of that game and the hype around it was that Skins fans thought the late season success after Taylor's death made them a team of destiny. There were loads of predictions that they would score 21 to match Taylor's jersey number, shit like that. Skins fans made that game about Taylor, not Seahawk fans. That game was also followed by baseless allegations of piped noise. My lasting impression of redskins fans is that they were some poor losers.

Seattle has not only eliminated the Redskins from the playoffs, but has done so while exposing a franchise to criticism, which has made the anti hawk sentiments even worse. Seattle exposed Gibbs as past his prime. Seattle showed the dysfunction between RGIII and Rat Face Shanahan and Snyder and the doctors. Seattle doesn't just beat the Skins, Seattle leaves them embarrassed. Which I hope continues as long as their racist team name continues.

youngchew

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":gnncn6s4 said:
. . Half of the Extreme Skins forum literally thinks we all walk around with nooses in case we need them; it's pretty pathetic, really.

Yes, that's exactly what most Redskins fans think about all Seahawks fans......

1187122.gif

Also, classy about talking about Sean Taylor's gang history. Sean had come a looooong way since then, he had recently married and had a child and turned his life around. But from the substance and tone of your post, its obvious you knew little of Taylor outside what was talked about on ESPN. it's all good though, I guess. :th2thumbs:

And @ ScottMojo, you think Redskins fans felt Washington was a "team of destiny" after Sean's death? Are you crazy? A team led by quarterback Jason campbell? Thanks for the laugh.

geez louise...what gives with some of you folks LOL. I lived in Seattle for two years from 09-2011 and met many fair, mature, knowledgeable Seahawks fans. But I never met anybody in a bar feeling like all Redskins fans felt that Seattle fans had nooses at the ready or that Jason Campbell could've led Washington to a superbowl.

3783720-lol.gif

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Redskins are a suck franchise with a suck owner. Bruce Allen sucks for trying to defend the name of the team, Dan Snyder sucks as a human, the FedEx Field is an abomination of a surface, and the fanbase is obnoxious. And the trade that they made for RGIII gave the Rams a load of picks, which only makes me hate those idiots more.

Definitely right up there with the Cowboys, Steelers, Niners, Rams as franchises I love to see suffer. Last year all but the Niners were bad, and we kicked the Niners out of the playoffs and won the SB. What a great year.

youngchew

Reaction score
Holy crap. I can feel the anger and frustration from your fingertips as you typed that. have a beer or something, bro. relax LOL. I met plenty of good natured, friendly Seahawks fans while living Seattle, so it gives me comfort knowing you don't represent the entire fanbase.

But you, my friend, are one weird dude. You need some Zoloft, man. LOL

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
youngchew":2w14lfli said:
Holy crap. I can feel the anger and frustration from your fingertips as you typed that. have a beer or something, bro. relax LOL. I met plenty of good natured, friendly Seahawks fans while living Seattle, so it gives me comfort knowing you don't represent the entire fanbase.

But you, my friend, are one weird dude. You need some Zoloft, man. LOL

Youngchew.... so strangely similar to "Pikachu" A poster from the 2012 season. He was full of knowledge.

pikachu.jpg

youngchew

Reaction score
if I had a nickel for every time I've heard that over the last 10 years.......LOL

it's all good man, I'll back up out of here and come back next season when we play you guys. Plenty of good seahawks fans out there. But this place reminds me that we all (every team's fanbase) has some weird, "Type A" personality people amongst them. Especially on the forums LOL.

Good day, folks. :)

kearly

Reaction score
I don't really have a hated team right now, but the Rams probably come the closest. Normally I like lovable loser teams but something about the Rams post-Greatest-Show-on-turf has felt so unforgivably bland and so consistently painful to watch on offense, as if they were the NFL's version of the Seattle Mariners.

I respect Jeff Fisher's intellect but I think he's actually more of a whiner than Harbaugh is, and it really does feel like everything the Rams have done in terms of personnel and politicking actions over the past years have been less about fielding a good football team and more about being a pain in the ass to the Seahawks.

Rams fans are also uniquely obnoxious, almost like WSU fans they have a small dog, big bark mental complex. Not every bad team has that kind of a fanbase, and at least with WSU, I cut them slack because the dynamic among the NW college football rivalries kind of demands it.

But Rams fans, I will never understand why they have so many homers, especially since their home games usually have empty seats and becomes a funeral procession when the team falls a couple scores behind. It definitely feels like the Cardinals are the #1 ticket in St. Louis and any NFL team that is a second fiddle must be doing something horribly wrong.

Can't say I hate the Rams, but they do feel like the annoying little brother of the NFC West.

Latest posts