Terrance Williams catch

fenderbender123

Reaction score
HawkFan72":16kouwqr said:
I heard (but did not have a copy of the game to verify) that the Hawks had 12 men on Defense on the next play, so Pete was going to have to call a timeout anyway. Since the 3rd and 20 was such a huge play, he just challenged instead on the off chance that it might be overturned. But we would have had to use a timeout either way.

I don't know if that's true, like I said: I cannot verify it for myself. Maybe one of you can put that rumor to rest.

I said the same thing during the game. Might as well challenge with little to no time or hope left. Throwing a challenge flag is easier than signaling time out if it's already in your hand anyway...the Cowboys were close to snapping the ball.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I texted my buddy the same thing while they were challenging and he agreed. It looked like the ball hit the ground from one angle, but they were probably only bothering to check his feet.

chawx

Reaction score
I saw this as well, looked like they showed an angle for a split second that showed the ball move as he hit the ground...they came back from a commercial and showed another, more sped up view, from a different angle and it looked as though when he hit the ground he rolled to his side with full possession of the ball. I don't think there was anything there from that one angle showing the ball tap the ground to rule it an incomplete pass.

Mind you, this is all from my memory and not All-22 or NFL rewind, but I'm sure that it was a legit catch and a great play by them. He messes that up and instead of losing by 7 we're probably looking at a Seahawks win or OT.

Disheartening really when you think about how bad we were and how good we made the Cowboys look to still not get out of that game with an ugly win...

*queue THE TABS* ...on to St. Louis!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it was pretty clear he got his tippy-toes in on the play, great looking catch. I was curious if he controlled the ball through hitting the ground.

No angle showed anything definitively.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
seahawks187":3a2tsk5f said:
they look at everything? check the harvin TD vs the chargers lol.. they make mistakes all the time.. once again I'm not screaming conspiracy or anything I was just simply asking if any of you guys noticed this and if you recorded the game, go back and look at it and let me know ur opinion

What I'm saying is the challenging team does not need to indicate "we are challenging he got his foot in" or "he dropped it"... Just if hr made a catch.

I'm sure they miss tons. Remember the Harvin TD was revised because it was a score, not a challenge. May alter their perspective. Still poor.

OP
OP
S

seahawks187

Reaction score
Uncle Si":clhv2tj4 said:
seahawks187":clhv2tj4 said:
they look at everything? check the harvin TD vs the chargers lol.. they make mistakes all the time.. once again I'm not screaming conspiracy or anything I was just simply asking if any of you guys noticed this and if you recorded the game, go back and look at it and let me know ur opinion

What I'm saying is the challenging team does not need to indicate "we are challenging he got his foot in" or "he dropped it"... Just if hr made a catch.

I'm sure they miss tons. Remember the Harvin TD was revised because it was a score, not a challenge. May alter their perspective. Still poor.

OK but what im saying is just go back to the live coverage if you recorded it and look at the entire scenario itself.. if you want I can make a video with my phone of my TV and show u all .. I was hoping someone could find the full replay from that view that they never showed fully !

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1cl07t6r said:
What annoyed me more is Irvin whiffing the sack and our DB's not being able to stop a 20 yard completion.
THIS! If it wasn't an obvious blown call that's 100% on our guys for not stoping a 3rd and 20 play and or credit to the cowpokes for making a play when they needed it. ......and I HATE giving Jerry's kids credit for anything!