Thank You Football Gods

toffee

Reaction score
Real talk.

Shit like that is why people make fun of seattle.

9ers deserved double overtime solely so that their feelings could have been hurt more.

I hope 9ers fans wake up having to pee 30 times tonight and their day is miserable tomorrow.

**** em.
I beg to differ, 49ers fans earned it to be proud as their team has been frequent customer to both conference champion ship games and the Superbowl. That's for the fans

For one Kyle Shanahan, he is looking down the barrel as the next Mark Levy and Bud Grant.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
What i don't get is when people who cheered for Brady / Pats talk about Chief exhaustion. I don't care if the Chiefs keep winning, if they are going up against Niners / Rams / Cowboys / Packers...I'm cheering for KC every time.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
What i don't get is when people who cheered for Brady / Pats talk about Chief exhaustion. I don't care if the Chiefs keep winning, if they are going up against Niners / Rams / Cowboys / Packers...I'm cheering for KC every time.

I'm not sure why I don't have loathing in my heart for the Chiefs and Chargers like I do for the Raiders and Broncos from the Seahawks' days in the AFC West, but that's how it is. And I love that the current NFL dynasty is in the Raiders' and Broncos' division.

People who cheered for the Belichick-Brady Patriots talking about Chiefs exhaustion is not that hard to understand. A dynasty in your team's conference is annoying when it's not your team, and it's great fun when it is your team.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I'm not sure why I don't have loathing in my heart for the Chiefs and Chargers like I do for the Raiders and Broncos from the Seahawks' days in the AFC West, but that's how it is. And I love that the current NFL dynasty is in the Raiders' and Broncos' division.

People who cheered for the Belichick-Brady Patriots talking about Chiefs exhaustion is not that hard to understand. A dynasty in your team's conference is annoying when it's not your team, and it's great fun when it is your team.

I am the same. I am thinking it's cause the Chiefs and Chargers were not as successful, especially after my Hawks fandom really took off. I can think of tough losses to the other teams like the AFC final and Bo Jackson game with the Raiders. Losing the battle for the AFC west in 84 vs the Broncos (and many other games), but not a lot of painful losses to the other 2.

toffee

Reaction score
Nicely done Toffee.
It's at this oldest restaurant in Hollywood, established in 1919, and still owned and operated by same family.

The bartender shared stories on the two martinis that we ordered: the espresso martini was invented in LA at the request of then boy friend of Cindy Crawford just to mess with her. The classic martini used the same glasses and recipe that they served Charlie Chaplin, Frank Sinatra, Marilyn Monroe etc. All frequent customers.

Food was very good, service excellent. Check it out next time? Musso & Frank.

2023 01 31

Jac

Reaction score
I don't get it either. I like to root for greatness. I think it's fascinating to get to see this history being made.

RedAlice

Reaction score
It's at this oldest restaurant in Hollywood, established in 1919, and still owned and operated by same family.

The bartender shared stories on the two martinis that we ordered: the espresso martini was invented in LA at the request of then boy friend of Cindy Crawford just to mess with her. The classic martini used the same glasses and recipe that they served Charlie Chaplin, Frank Sinatra, Marilyn Monroe etc. All frequent customers.

View attachment 64915
Definitely. That looks fun.

Great martini stories - I didn’t know the history of the Espresso martini. I do like them tho.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

View attachment 64915

That's right up my fiancée and my alley. We love vintage, especially Roaring 20's/30's era. We rent out a recently restored 1916 vintage Craftsman in Astoria, Oregon and we put up the appropriate lighting fixtures, et al. That is precisely the bar we would want to visit. Cheers!

toffee

Reaction score
That's right up my fiancée and my alley. We love vintage, especially Roaring 20's/30's era. We rent out a recently restored 1916 vintage Craftsman in Astoria, Oregon and we put up the appropriate lighting fixtures, et al. That is precisely the bar we would want to visit. Cheers!

bileever

Reaction score
The 49ers have been a tremendous team for the last couple of years, with a dynamic offense and a dominant defense. I'm hoping that this Super Bowl loss will be the beginning of the end of this current run for them. For me, it's all about the Seahawks, which is why I root against the 49ers and don't want them to continue their winning ways, because success begets success. I've always thought that failure, especially repeated failure, is one sure way for a team to start its downward trajectory, and I hope that this Super Bowl loss will start the 49ers questioning and overthinking. When that "feel-good" vibe of success is replaced by the stench of losing the big game, bad things can start to happen.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Realistically speaking I think the 9ers “window” is 4 more years. After that, they get to be how the Patriots are now.

94Smith

Reaction score
The 49ers have been a tremendous team for the last couple of years, with a dynamic offense and a dominant defense. I'm hoping that this Super Bowl loss will be the beginning of the end of this current run for them. For me, it's all about the Seahawks, which is why I root against the 49ers and don't want them to continue their winning ways, because success begets success. I've always thought that failure, especially repeated failure, is one sure way for a team to start its downward trajectory, and I hope that this Super Bowl loss will start the 49ers questioning and overthinking. When that "feel-good" vibe of success is replaced by the stench of losing the big game, bad things can start to happen.
49ers are the betting favorite for 2025 Super Bowl . I think that is wishful thinking. Players are too competitive to just show up. The same drive that fuels back to back super bowls is the same drive that will keep talented players working to achieve their goals if they have failed multiple times. Professional atheletes didn’t get to this stage by showing any degree of “quit” in their lives