Thank You Football Gods

toffee

Reaction score
OK, you talked me into it. Off to Costco to get the biggest bottle of Kahlua they have! If my GF likes it, she'll be having one each day before work, lol.
It really is quite tasty, this is how I do it: 2 oz vodka, 1 oz kahlua, 1 teaspoon sugar ( or 1/3 oz syrup) , 1 oz of espresso or coffee, shake for 15 seconds. Being old farts, we often skip the sugar, just to feel good, lol, and we use it to replace desert.

olyfan63

Reaction score
It really is quite tasty, this is how I do it: 2 oz vodka, 1 oz kahlua, 1 teaspoon sugar ( or 1/3 oz syrup) , 1 oz of espresso or coffee, shake for 15 seconds. Being old farts, we often skip the sugar, just to feel good, lol, and we use it to replace desert.
We have a tradition in our house that we take a shot whenever a household member leaves to travel by plane. So my housemate Steve, a Patriots fan, a 60-something Italian from Boston, is leaving tonight to fly to Boston to wrap up his recently deceased father's household, move furniture out, etc. Great guy, despite being a Patriots fan. Besides, Patriots have had a rough go last few seasons, so mostly we commiserate with him. Anyway, this was our "shot" tonight with him before he left, to make this drink and each take a shot of it to "safe travels", me, my fiancee, and Steve. Thank you for the recipe, and the shotters unanimously approved!

toffee

Reaction score
We have a tradition in our house that we take a shot whenever a household member leaves to travel by plane. So my housemate Steve, a Patriots fan, a 60-something Italian from Boston, is leaving tonight to fly to Boston to wrap up his recently deceased father's household, move furniture out, etc. Great guy, despite being a Patriots fan. Besides, Patriots have had a rough go last few seasons, so mostly we commiserate with him. Anyway, this was our "shot" tonight with him before he left, to make this drink and each take a shot of it to "safe travels", me, my fiancee, and Steve. Thank you for the recipe, and the shotters unanimously approved!
Another thing we do, just being old farts: 1 part of rum, 1.5 parts of Kahlua, stir in a mixing glass, and pour over 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream. Mrs. LOVE it. For me, I replace Kahlua with Chambord, more complex with raspberry and cognac in the background.