Thank You NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2mbq0i3v said:
We have people demanding +40 points a game in order to be satisfied with the offensive staff,
If this is a dig at what I said, I'll kindly point out that not only did I not say that, I didn't even come close to implying it. I was pointing out what the definition of AWESOME is. Assuming that this WAS in reference to me, you saying this kind of crap and purposely mischaracterizing me is one of the things that we don't need around here, and which adds nothing positive to .NET. You can continue assuming you make no contributions to anything negative around here if you want.

If that wasn't a dig at what I said last night and is "random coincidence," then never mind; but I'm guessing that's not the case.

Also, to reply to the actual topic; sorry to see you go, Aros. :(

hawker84

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":32s1if10 said:
OkieHawk":32s1if10 said:
Siouxhawk":32s1if10 said:
You haven't backed away from anything and are one of the main culprits of slogging this place down with about 50 anti-Bevell threads per week. Your "evidence" is weak and redundant when you have to post that many times.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not evidence.
Deep playoff runs every year is the only evidence I need.

You're more than welcome to not click on any threads you disagree with or are tired of seeing. Not everyone agrees with you or folks who share your opinions, and we that don't, have every right to share different opinions, that includes mods. Sooner folks realize that, the easier it will be for everyone.

I'm with Aros, sick and tired of people talking crap about others when they have something less than positive to say about the team and or coaches, and sick of people thinking they run this place.... In my opinion it's posters like you and the flippin spelling police the is slogging this place down to put it in your words......

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawker84":2c3jbzca said:
In my opinion it's posters like you and the flippin spelling police the is slogging this place down to put it in your words......
Don't you go blaming the grammar Nazis for any part of this. :)

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2drk5ta4 said:
Siouxhawk":2drk5ta4 said:
OkieHawk":2drk5ta4 said:
Siouxhawk":2drk5ta4 said:
You haven't backed away from anything and are one of the main culprits of slogging this place down with about 50 anti-Bevell threads per week. Your "evidence" is weak and redundant when you have to post that many times.

Whatever you say sunshine! I will say, chat gets a good laugh out of your posts if nothing else. :lol:
It's really all football's about. This coaching staff has produced more cheers than any era of Hawks' football.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1rx38tmw said:
It's really all football's about. This coaching staff has produced more cheers than any era of Hawks' football.
Just because we're a Ferrari of a team doesn't mean there aren't a few parts that can't be replaced with something better. The idea that because we've had a lot of success the past several years means everything's great and we shouldn't change anything is flawed logic.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qp1l4xn said:
Siouxhawk":1qp1l4xn said:
Just because we're a Ferrari of a team doesn't mean there aren't a few parts that can't be replaced with something better. The idea that because we've had a lot of success the past several years means everything's great and we shouldn't change anything is flawed logic.
It's flawed logic to me. I prefer the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mantra myself.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":e8fwoeg8 said:
It's flawed logic to me. I prefer the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mantra myself.
If this world was one where everything remained in stasis and things only broke when you changed them, that'd be a great motto to live by. Not a single team tries to keep things the way they are; it's a league where everyone's running as fast as they can just to stay in place.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":gnikbeom said:
Siouxhawk":gnikbeom said:
If this world was one where everything remained in stasis and things only broke when you changed them, that'd be a great motto to live by. Not a single team tries to keep things the way they are; it's a league where everyone's running as fast as they can just to stay in place.
And yet our coaching staff does it as well as anyone in the league. I'll take that. There's much to be said for the merits of continuity, too.

London12

Reaction score
This is a pretty depressing thread. No one respects another opinion anymore.

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":12irbm9m said:

No other era of Seahawk teams has had this kind of player talent. Not even close.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1600lcey said:
chris98251":1600lcey said:
I like your post. But when you have one of the mods being a ringleader to this constant Bevell vitriol, what do you expect? I'll miss Aros if he doesn't return, but I can see his motivation.

Just curious, are you saying Moderators are not suppose to have an opinion? Especially one that involves your pet coordinator. Also it's pretty ambiguous to say one of the Moderators, I have seen several question what Bevell has done in different games.

As far as Aros goes I can see his frustration, he was trying to add a bit of a positive spin while acknowledging the sad appearance of our performance yesterday, and some of the feedback posts were disheartening to say the least.

I hope he can refresh himself and come back and give those that seem to want to just take unsubstantiated jabs and empty responses with nothing to add at peoples opinion, but fly just under the attacking aspect the lack of satisfaction of leaving.
No, that's not my point at all and thanks for asking. But sheesh, when the mod I'm referring to basically says the same thing in 20 posts in 3 different threads, I see that as redundant overkill. So then you have this back-and-forth incessant banter between those of us who support our coaching staff and it unfortunately takes over threads. And as Ivotuk stated, this coming after big games that we won. Could we please just make a standard Bevell/Cable thread for those who want to bitch and moan about our offense. It will be perfect for the complainers because they want to place all the blame on one person, so there wouldn't need to be other threads they need to invade to share their scorn on that matter. The rest of us who use DVOA, wins and playoff performances to gauge the effectiveness of the people running our offense could stay clear of those threads. Would that not create more harmony and prevent the pollution of threads investigating other facets of our team?

Oh and like anyone else if you want to use statistics to gauge a game and credit just one individual since they have the title of OC or DC then why even watch the game, if the PLAYERS were not playing with the heart and desire this team plays with then those wonderful stats everyone wants to reference would not be there. You could be the Browns just as easily. The players playing with desire and a never quit mentality that rises above schemes is what makes Champions.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
54d.jpg

Can I have your stuff?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":4phn3vgz said:
theENGLISHseahawk":4phn3vgz said:
We have people demanding +40 points a game in order to be satisfied with the offensive staff,
If this is a dig at what I said, I'll kindly point out that not only did I not say that, I didn't even come close to implying it. I was pointing out what the definition of AWESOME is. Assuming that this WAS in reference to me, you saying this kind of crap and purposely mischaracterizing me is one of the things that we don't need around here, and which adds nothing positive to .NET. You can continue assuming you make no contributions to anything negative around here if you want.

If that wasn't a dig at what I said last night and is "random coincidence," then never mind; but I'm guessing that's not the case.

Also, to reply to the actual topic; sorry to see you go, Aros. :(

No it wasn't in reference to anything you said. It was a reference to this quote by NFSeahawks628:

"When we start putting up 40 points on a consistent basis, I'll lay off."

This was after the Philadelphia game by the way, a game the Seahawks won handsomely a week after beating the Pats in New England, during a three-game winning streak. It accompanied several negative posts about Bevell, despite the positive offensive performance vs Philly.

It has to be said -- the direction this thread has taken is a classic example of why this forum is sadly dying.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
IMHO it is not about not letting people have there opinion it is the excessive opinions that make it less fun. I don't think people are "hurt" by other posts but some people just need to let it go.
The anti Bevell crowd. We get it. You don't like the guy. But almost every post has something interjected about how much he sucks and should be fired. This doesn't even count the posts just dedicated to it. It is like listening to a broken record. It takes the fun and interest out of coming here. No feeling hurt just annoyance.
Nobody is saying he is coach of the year but people also feel the need to defend him with so many attacks (many of my posts). This just adds to the clutter and makes things less fun and interesting.

I like what Jville suggested. Have a particular post dedicated to the "I hate and blame Bevell". Maybe a sticky or even a sub forum for as much traffic as it might get. At least it is an attempt for a solution.

McGruff

Reaction score
hawker84":2c17aufg said:
Siouxhawk":2c17aufg said:
OkieHawk":2c17aufg said:
Siouxhawk":2c17aufg said:

You're more than welcome to not click on any threads you disagree with or are tired of seeing. Not everyone agrees with you or folks who share your opinions, and we that don't, have every right to share different opinions, that includes mods. Sooner folks realize that, the easier it will be for everyone.

Here's the problem with the "just don't read it" philosophy. Certain perspectives have been bleeding into every thread ad nauseum for a long time. A thread about the oline becomes derailed about Bevell. A thread about Wilson becomes derailed about Bevell. A thread about out the defense becomes derailed about Bevell.

And I understand how these can be related, and would actually welcome informed discussion along those lines, but that's not what happens. What happens is blanket backhanded statements that are all splash and no substance.

.net has devolved into predictable sloganeering and personal attacks. Opinions with no expressed rationale. These are not discussable, not debatable. And without the ability to discuss and debate with reason and information, it's all just a pissing contest.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1fv39ybk said:
IMHO it is not about not letting people have there opinion it is the excessive opinions that make it less fun. I don't think people are "hurt" by other posts but some people just need to let it go.
The anti Bevell crowd. We get it. You don't like the guy. But almost every post has something interjected about how much he sucks and should be fired. This doesn't even count the posts just dedicated to it. It is like listening to a broken record. It takes the fun and interest out of coming here. No feeling hurt just annoyance.
Nobody is saying he is coach of the year but people also feel the need to defend him with so many attacks (many of my posts). This just adds to the clutter and makes things less fun and interesting.

I like what Jville suggested. Have a particular post dedicated to the "I hate and blame Bevell". Maybe a sticky or even a sub forum for as much traffic as it might get. At least it is an attempt for a solution.
+1 a dedicated thread would seem to be a really good solution.

A

Anonymous

I too have been keeping my distance from here lately. Not for any reason related to the posts or users, but because I have a life that is in desperate need of maintenance.

For those commenting that Todd is seeking attention, check yourselves. He's not.

I think it's important to point out, that we sometimes forget that each of us needs an outlet for frustration, nearly every day. Typing a scathing post about the reasons why we lost takes time to do. That time is important in that if it weren't taken, many of us would be buying bouquets for wives or buying drywall patch kits and some paint at Home Depot on our Mondays.

This message board is an alternative to time spent doing the wrong things, just as much as it is for not getting the good things done. The Seahawks is a complex and intriguing thing each of us have in our daily lives. Without it, we may be robbing convenience stores. Each of us give and take from this board a variety of things, and it is very easy to forget that.

I had my time adding capital letters and punctuation to make many of you look more presentable as you contribute at stoplights, just as I had my time attempting to positively influence you and provide key info on game days. I miss that. When Iog in now and see things looking like 5-year-olds typed it I can only shake my head and sigh. Appearances are important, and seeking out the bad before making the good look better is something the staff here has lost hold of. Very sad, really. A special place to meet and share is neat and orderly, it is considerate and tolerant, not judgmental and bullyish. If you want to be good, you have to look good. From there, you encourage and nurture, you don't bannish and embarass.

This should be a place of escape from the daily toil, filled with fresh honeydew and the Milk of Paradise; relief, and solace. Now, it's a place you need to wear a bullet proof vest to enter.

Go Hawks...? :34853_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.