Thank You NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob12

Reaction score
Extremely sad day.

Take care, Todd. Hope you make it back here eventually!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natethegreat

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":xzz9puk4 said:
In fairness, I totally understand Aros' position. I've contemplated it a few times as well -- but I can't do it. This place is like a drug and I'm addicted. There's no way I could give it up. You'd have to chop my hands off to stop posting on here.

This forum was a place that provided intelligent, thought provoking debate -- watching a team blossom from 4-12/5-11 to perennial contenders under Pete Carroll. It felt like we were on a great journey together -- we witnessed the first Championship. We shared the agony of the Super Bowl loss.

And now the expectation is so great, so intense, it feels like we've become one of the most entitled fan bases in the NFL. We have people demanding +40 points a game in order to be satisfied with the offensive staff, one guy spent two weeks constantly talking about Pete Carroll's job security this season.

Instead of us all living through this golden era together -- it feels like we're split apart.

I appreciate and accept an internet forum is going to be a place for people to let off steam after a loss. It'd be unrealistic to expect otherwise. But it's got so heated, so nasty, so intense recently. It's reminiscent of the webzone -- a place we used to laugh at collectively during the 2012-13 seasons.

If you don't want Bevell fired -- you're an apologist who 'loves everything' about Seattle's OC. If you're not ready to call the season over after a bad day against the Bucs -- you're a homer. Every loss feels like the end of the world -- and someone has to pay. Bevell, Cable, Kam, Jimmy Graham. Eventually it'll be Pete or JS for 'only' winning one SB.

There are probably 29 other fan bases who would kill for this team, staff and the consistent winning football the Seahawks produce. Only the Pats and Broncos can compare over recent years. I'd suggest neither of those teams during their Championship run have had the kind of fun we've had following Carroll's 'hawks.

I've gone on a bit here so I'll wrap up now. I hope this wasn't too attention seeky. Just how I feel.
This is where I am at. I have been coming here for years and its safe to say its at least a habit if not an addiction but I am tiring of it. I may need to just take a break but the constant harping over Bevel (even when we win) is getting very old.

The expectations seems to be that unless we win like we did in the superbowl against Denver that it isn't ever going to be good enough. Especially offensively, the constant whining (even after very good production and results) is both repetitive and ridiculous. Its very much like some are so caught up in Bevel they are angry no matter the result. Or at least it will never be his doing if we do well and will always be his doing when we perform poorly.
I get the venting part as well. It is a forum but I'm at the point I don't want to post much as it gets nowhere and more and more I don't even want to read the posts. In fact I find myself skipping most posts nowadays.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":zhctehgp said:
theENGLISHseahawk":zhctehgp said:
In fairness, I totally understand Aros' position. I've contemplated it a few times as well -- but I can't do it. This place is like a drug and I'm addicted. There's no way I could give it up. You'd have to chop my hands off to stop posting on here.

This forum was a place that provided intelligent, thought provoking debate -- watching a team blossom from 4-12/5-11 to perennial contenders under Pete Carroll. It felt like we were on a great journey together -- we witnessed the first Championship. We shared the agony of the Super Bowl loss.

And now the expectation is so great, so intense, it feels like we've become one of the most entitled fan bases in the NFL. We have people demanding +40 points a game in order to be satisfied with the offensive staff, one guy spent two weeks constantly talking about Pete Carroll's job security this season.

Instead of us all living through this golden era together -- it feels like we're split apart.

I appreciate and accept an internet forum is going to be a place for people to let off steam after a loss. It'd be unrealistic to expect otherwise. But it's got so heated, so nasty, so intense recently. It's reminiscent of the webzone -- a place we used to laugh at collectively during the 2012-13 seasons.

If you don't want Bevell fired -- you're an apologist who 'loves everything' about Seattle's OC. If you're not ready to call the season over after a bad day against the Bucs -- you're a homer. Every loss feels like the end of the world -- and someone has to pay. Bevell, Cable, Kam, Jimmy Graham. Eventually it'll be Pete or JS for 'only' winning one SB.

There are probably 29 other fan bases who would kill for this team, staff and the consistent winning football the Seahawks produce. Only the Pats and Broncos can compare over recent years. I'd suggest neither of those teams during their Championship run have had the kind of fun we've had following Carroll's 'hawks.

I've gone on a bit here so I'll wrap up now. I hope this wasn't too attention seeky. Just how I feel.
This is where I am at. I have been coming here for years and its safe to say its at least a habit if not an addiction but I am tiring of it. I may need to just take a break but the constant harping over Bevel (even when we win) is getting very old.

The expectations seems to be that unless we win like we did in the superbowl against Denver that it isn't ever going to be good enough. Especially offensively, the constant whining (even after very good production and results) is getting very old. Its very much like some are so caught up in Bevel they are angry no matter the result. Or at least it will never be his doing if we do well and will always be his doing when we perform poorly.
I get the venting part as well. It is a forum but I'm at the point I don't want to post much as it gets nowhere and more and more I don't even want to read the posts. In fact I find myself skipping most posts nowadays.
I like your post. But when you have one of the mods being a ringleader to this constant Bevell vitriol, what do you expect? I'll miss Aros if he doesn't return, but I can see his motivation.

Jville

Reaction score
This is a sad day indeed.

Many thanks Aros for your vision and dedication .... I understand and respect your decision.

It is a shame that conduct in the THE RADISH MEMORIAL GAMEDAY FORUM has become such a disgrace to the memory of The Radish. Sorry Les.

Follow on conduct in THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM continues the disgrace on into the week for days on end. How can such a noisy few poison the spirit of this once enthusiastic forum. How can they be so lazy and disrespectful as to habitually lean on "Blame Games" and all the nastiness that accompanies it. Such a bitter dialogue and killer of understanding. Such a sad dark abyss for this once beloved forum to descend into.

Best wishes Todd in all your future endeavors. Your a proven builder and a proven winner. :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
I like your post. But when you have one of the mods being a ringleader to this constant Bevell vitriol, what do you expect? I'll miss Aros if he doesn't return, but I can see his motivation.

Just curious, are you saying Moderators are not suppose to have an opinion? Especially one that involves your pet coordinator. Also it's pretty ambiguous to say one of the Moderators, I have seen several question what Bevell has done in different games.

As far as Aros goes I can see his frustration, he was trying to add a bit of a positive spin while acknowledging the sad appearance of our performance yesterday, and some of the feedback posts were disheartening to say the least.

I hope he can refresh himself and come back and give those that seem to want to just take unsubstantiated jabs and empty responses with nothing to add at peoples opinion, but fly just under the attacking aspect the lack of satisfaction of leaving.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3quulf6z said:

Just curious, are you saying Moderators are not suppose to have an opinion? Especially one that involves your pet coordinator. Also it's pretty ambiguous to say one of the Moderators, I have seen several question what Bevell has done in different games.

As far as Aros goes I can see his frustration, he was trying to add a bit of a positive spin while acknowledging the sad appearance of our performance yesterday, and some of the feedback posts were disheartening to say the least.

I hope he can refresh himself and come back and give those that seem to want to just take unsubstantiated jabs and empty responses with nothing to add at peoples opinion, but fly just under the attacking aspect the lack of satisfaction of leaving.
No, that's not my point at all and thanks for asking. But sheesh, when the mod I'm referring to basically says the same thing in 20 posts in 3 different threads, I see that as redundant overkill. So then you have this back-and-forth incessant banter between those of us who support our coaching staff and it unfortunately takes over threads. And as Ivotuk stated, this coming after big games that we won. Could we please just make a standard Bevell/Cable thread for those who want to bitch and moan about our offense. It will be perfect for the complainers because they want to place all the blame on one person, so there wouldn't need to be other threads they need to invade to share their scorn on that matter. The rest of us who use DVOA, wins and playoff performances to gauge the effectiveness of the people running our offense could stay clear of those threads. Would that not create more harmony and prevent the pollution of threads investigating other facets of our team?

Jville

Reaction score
I'll volunteer this ....... when any member posts the same negative campaign slogan over and over again in thread after thread and multiple times in multiple threads, that's politics. Such conduct and all of its repetitive postings has nothing to do with Seahawk football.

That's the flaw that poisons this Seahawk forum.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":2ff9mb9r said:

I think the guy calling out mods for having opinions is the root of the problem. I'm sure most would agree with me.
What a silly, silly post. How dare you think differently!?

I appreciate what you do Chris and have always thought you've provided to thoughtful discussion which has waned over this past year without a doubt.

I still enjoy the group of guys that frequent chat and the gameday thread though and thankful for those places to talk Seahawks football.

I post less in main .net forum? Or maybe I post more, I don't know. I do find thread substance lacking though no doubt. No good discussions anymore. It's all about opinion wars, which I've chosen to back away from.

I will continue to provide evidence when needed though.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Could we get a fire Bevell/Cable sticky for the smackshack?

OpHawk

Reaction score
Man, some of you take this internet forum incredibly seriously. I thought this was a place for people to share their thoughts and freely agree/disagree with one another. The Butthurt is strong here.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Okay, for the important question we are all dying to know: If Aros doesn't post his fearless prediction thread this week, does he get another tie added to his recorded since he will have been neither right nor wrong?????

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":tezw6495 said:
chris98251":tezw6495 said:

I think the guy calling out mods for having opinions is the root of the problem. I'm sure most would agree with me.
What a silly, silly post. How dare you think differently!?

I appreciate what you do Chris and have always thought you've provided to thoughtful discussion which has waned over this past year without a doubt.

I still enjoy the group of guys that frequent chat and the gameday thread though and thankful for those places to talk Seahawks football.

I post less in main .net forum? Or maybe I post more, I don't know. I do find thread substance lacking though no doubt. No good discussions anymore. It's all about opinion wars, which I've chosen to back away from.

I will continue to provide evidence when needed though.
You haven't backed away from anything and are one of the main culprits of slogging this place down with about 50 anti-Bevell threads per week. Your "evidence" is weak and redundant when you have to post that many times.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
good luck in your future endeavours. Enjoyed the prediction thread each week. Some take this site and what is said here to seriously...

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1og2kg8v said:
You haven't backed away from anything and are one of the main culprits of slogging this place down with about 50 anti-Bevell threads per week. Your "evidence" is weak and redundant when you have to post that many times.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not evidence.

HommyHawk

Reaction score
Holy cow.....this is like going outside and all the birds are gone.not a good sign.everyone has a right to their opinions but it's seems lately if you don't like it then screw you.I've been a displaced hawk fan my whole life and used to see another fan and get excited , but now I have to get ready for the pop quiz of my hawk fan membership.for all the people that say we're soft for being butthurt and don't care..you should cuz we're family.Thank You Godfather for starting a place so long ago that taught me that.Twelves ARE more than just fans...let's start acting like it.I love this team and ALL of y'all.United we stand...........

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2g3wjp2l said:
Siouxhawk":2g3wjp2l said:

Deep playoff runs every year is the only evidence I need.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":358usisc said:
OkieHawk":358usisc said:
Siouxhawk":358usisc said:

Deep playoff runs every year is the only evidence I need.

Whatever you say sunshine! I will say, chat gets a good laugh out of your posts if nothing else. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.