Thank You NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msfann

Reaction score
Its just a forum people. I swear some of you think .NET is like some weird utopia. I've watched you dorks freak out for years over this crap.

When the team loses I get just as annoyed as everyone else but I just skip over the posts/threads I don't like and move on, I don't try to tell others what they can and cant think/post.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":20wzmy8i said:
IMHO it is not about not letting people have there opinion it is the excessive opinions that make it less fun. I don't think people are "hurt" by other posts but some people just need to let it go.
The anti Bevell crowd. We get it. You don't like the guy. But almost every post has something interjected about how much he sucks and should be fired. This doesn't even count the posts just dedicated to it. It is like listening to a broken record. It takes the fun and interest out of coming here. No feeling hurt just annoyance.
Nobody is saying he is coach of the year but people also feel the need to defend him with so many attacks (many of my posts). This just adds to the clutter and makes things less fun and interesting.

I like what Jville suggested. Have a particular post dedicated to the "I hate and blame Bevell". Maybe a sticky or even a sub forum for as much traffic as it might get. At least it is an attempt for a solution.

You are only looking at it from one side. I see as many pro bevell thread crapping posts and threads as anti bevell. Quite a few in the argument don't respect the right of other side to have that opinion. From my (probably biased) point of view, the pro bevell people are worse about it than the anti bevell crowd (in general) when it comes to lack of respect. Admittedly, I have allowed myself to become defensive and be drawn into lacking respect for the opposite side myself at times.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Bitter":2nnciljy said:
Year of The Hawk":2nnciljy said:
IMHO it is not about not letting people have there opinion it is the excessive opinions that make it less fun. I don't think people are "hurt" by other posts but some people just need to let it go.
The anti Bevell crowd. We get it. You don't like the guy. But almost every post has something interjected about how much he sucks and should be fired. This doesn't even count the posts just dedicated to it. It is like listening to a broken record. It takes the fun and interest out of coming here. No feeling hurt just annoyance.
Nobody is saying he is coach of the year but people also feel the need to defend him with so many attacks (many of my posts). This just adds to the clutter and makes things less fun and interesting.

I like what Jville suggested. Have a particular post dedicated to the "I hate and blame Bevell". Maybe a sticky or even a sub forum for as much traffic as it might get. At least it is an attempt for a solution.

You are only looking at it from one side. I see as many pro bevell thread crapping posts and threads as anti bevell. Quite a few in the argument don't respect the right of other side to have that opinion. From my (probably biased) point of view, the pro bevell people are worse about it than the anti bevell crowd (in general) when it comes to lack of respect. Admittedly, I have allowed myself to become defensive and be drawn into lacking respect for the opposite side myself at times.
Wait a second. So those of us who support the Seahawks are the ones lacking respect? These same Seahawks who have brought us unparreled enjoyment in this era of franchise history? We are the ones showing a lack of respect by sticking up for the coaching staff that has made that happen? I'm afraid you are mistaken.
Also, you do realize that you are besmirching Pete every time with those petulant "fire Bevell" threads. You are basically saying that your wisdom and grasp of the contributions that Bevell makes to this team are superior to his. And don't give me that "loyalty to a fault" rhetoric, because no coach in the competitive NFL would undermine his own status and that of his team by employing any coordinator who he felt was inferior to what the market offers. Pete entrusts Bevell because he's the right fit for the job. Do you really question his ability to make this assessment after being a coach for 40-plus years?

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
All this fan turmoil during the Seahawks Golden 'Era' is mind boggling to me..

All these Johnny Come Latleys would burn this place to the ground to have today's audience with say the 1992 Seahawks..

Toughen up buttercups..

Damn.. (Ron Simmons voice)

Rat

Reaction score
Msfann":2ytjo58b said:
Its just a forum people. I swear some of you think .NET is like some weird utopia. I've watched you dorks freak out for years over this crap.

Yep, it has been like this for years. For some reason, many seem have this misconception that .net used to be solely a place for logical discussion, no overreactions, and no personal attacks. All the old Shaun Alexander hate threads would disagree. Also the fire Holmgren threads, the constant fire Rhodes/Sidwell discussions, Chris Gray sucks threads, etc.

Some posters just really get off on calling others entitled and spoiled, puffing their chest out, and bragging about how they're a better fan than others.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Rat":1kj2qskb said:
Msfann":1kj2qskb said:

Yep, it has been like this for years. For some reason, many seem have this misconception that .net used to be solely a place for logical discussion, no overreactions, and no personal attacks. All the old Shaun Alexander hate threads would disagree. Also the fire Holmgren threads, the constant fire Rhodes/Sidwell discussions, Chris Gray sucks threads, etc.

Some posters just really get off on calling others entitled and spoiled, puffing their chest out, and bragging about how they're a better fan than others.

Don't forget about All the "start the backup qb" threads that FINALLY disappeared with Wilson. I never thought I'd long for the day when the biggest complaint was the starting qb

byau

Reaction score
McGruff":35oxdhzj said:
Here's the problem with the "just don't read it" philosophy. Certain perspectives have been bleeding into every thread ad nauseum for a long time. A thread about the oline becomes derailed about Bevell. A thread about Wilson becomes derailed about Bevell. A thread about out the defense becomes derailed about Bevell.

Not just that, it's the derailing personality that also bleeds. Sometimes people do their best to start positive, constructive, or at the very least harmless threads (like me ..haha yup I'm Mr. Diplomat) and someone implies the thread is either dumb or useless, well, sometimes it's just easier to do without that kind of crap and stop posting.

And with someone as dedicated and strong on this board as Todd, I can totally see his perspective - at some point just saying forget it (though I honestly hope this is "IR with designation with return" so to speak! Love your posts Aros)

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Bitter":1dqcfkor said:
Year of The Hawk":1dqcfkor said:

How many threads have ever been started with "Great game Bevell" "can't wait for you to replace Pete Bevell"? None. I feel there are very few PRO Bevell fans. Most people are just tired of the constant bashing. I have no problem with some gripping and calling out specific plays but it goes waaay beyond that. He will never win OC of the year but he is not the downfall of this team as many suggest. And yes I have gotten more reactive to all the negative stuff and tend to post often in reaction to over the top anti Bevell stuff. I guess I am adding to the litter. But it is not an apples to apples comparison. It is the point of ridiculousness.

I have been a fan since the inception of this team. I do have higher expectations for this team than I did Pre-Pete era. But I am also realistic. There is NO team scoring 40 points every game. My wife who is not from the U.S and understands very little about pro football will yell at the screen "why cant they stop him, why cant they run the ball?" I tell her that there are 11 other professionals on the other side of the ball trying to stop or score on you. It aint easy. Many here seem to forget this.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Msfann":r7seubg4 said:

When the team loses I get just as annoyed as everyone else but I just skip over the posts/threads I don't like and move on, I don't try to tell others what they can and cant think/post.

Not a utopia, more like a garden. In my own garden I can hardly walk around and not stoop to pull a weed or two to make it look tidier and more enjoyable.

Attachments

• LittleGarden.jpg
    LittleGarden.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 569

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3qsaoj9v said:
I had my time adding capital letters and punctuation to make many of you look more presentable as you contribute at stoplights, just as I had my time attempting to positively influence you and provide key info on game days. I miss that. When Iog in now and see things looking like 5-year-olds typed it I can only shake my head and sigh. Appearances are important, and seeking out the bad before making the good look better is something the staff here has lost hold of. Very sad, really. A special place to meet and share is neat and orderly, it is considerate and tolerant, not judgmental and bullyish. If you want to be good, you have to look good. From there, you encourage and nurture, you don't bannish and embarass.

Hate to break it to you but that's not a moderator's job.

86Hawk

Reaction score
There's too much doom and gloom around here. I don't post much, mostly linger in the shadows. But I have noticed a significant change in attitude on this board. There used to be posts about why people were excited and couldn't wait for the games. Now there are countless negative threads (some of them deserving). Differing opinions can be a good thing.

It is important to remember that right now, these last couple of years have been the greatest teams in Seahawks history. We will not win every game. If we did football would stop being fun. You have to fight along the way. There will be bumps and bruises. That's what makes it so sweet when we finally come out on top. I try not to take this team for granted because I remember losing after losing seasons. Let's just try to enjoy the ride.

P.S. I agree with Houston. Especially the Rush reference. :D

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Millennial's fault.

Too many grew up getting participation trophies and can't handle any type of loss.

Winning a SB makes everything short of that look like a failure.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3mmmu6dt said:
Rat":3mmmu6dt said:
Msfann":3mmmu6dt said:

Don't forget about All the "start the backup qb" threads that FINALLY disappeared with Wilson. I never thought I'd long for the day when the biggest complaint was the starting qb

It rediculous in this place, they should rename it FireBevell.net. I do remember how fast some turned on our best coaches and players.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2v4yijqv said:
Bitter":2v4yijqv said:
Year of The Hawk":2v4yijqv said:

Wait a second. So those of us who support the Seahawks are the ones lacking respect? These same Seahawks who have brought us unparreled enjoyment in this era of franchise history? We are the ones showing a lack of respect by sticking up for the coaching staff that has made that happen? I'm afraid you are mistaken.
Also, you do realize that you are besmirching Pete every time with those petulant "fire Bevell" threads. You are basically saying that your wisdom and grasp of the contributions that Bevell makes to this team are superior to his. And don't give me that "loyalty to a fault" rhetoric, because no coach in the competitive NFL would undermine his own status and that of his team by employing any coordinator who he felt was inferior to what the market offers. Pete entrusts Bevell because he's the right fit for the job. Do you really question his ability to make this assessment after being a coach for 40-plus years?

In my opinion telling people they don't support the team, are lesser fans, lack football knowledge, etc. for not supporting Bevell is disrespectful. The disrespectful part isn't in your opinion, it is in the complete dismissal of the other side and treating people like idiots because they have that opposite opinion (again I have gotten defensive at times and been guilty of this myself.)

I have stated my opinion several times that some of it is Pete's responsibility for apparently not holding his coaches to the same standard as his players. Maybe it is him just being "loyal to a fault", maybe he wants a lacky in that position, maybe he is just so arrogant that he can't see the potential being wasted. Honestly I don't know what it is. Despite this flaw (among others such as clock management and awful replay judgement), I still like what Pete brings to the team.

What I do know is the primary purpose of a football team is to entertain its fans and even in some wins I find myself not entertained way to often. Not because the game is close, but because of my perception (right or wrong) of how the offense is handled. And I am far from being alone.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Aros":2p4rmepf said:
Thank you Mark for keeping this site afloat. It's not easy and we both know that better than most.

Thank you Neal for your fantastic skills masterminding the back-end and keeping this site running at full tilt.

Thank you always, to all of you volunteers who keep this site operating without ever asking for anything in return.

Thank you to the alumni who still participate here to this day.

Thank you 12's who continue to show your passion via communication on this site.

I wish you all well. May we all witness a few more championships.

I am officially done. Goodnight NET.
Quitting is for losers!

And since you are clearly a winner then I expect you back in good time, Aros.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I swore I would never post again. Even went as far as to email the mods and ask for my account to be deleted. I started lurking again after last week's win. I must say I support you aros. I can't take it either. The way in which most on this sight flip flop makes me sick. I don't understand it. They act like they are the ones putting in the work on the field. Talking about we, and us. we need to fire this person. we need to cut that person. As I have said before, you think this team is bad? Take a trip through the history books, you will see some truly bad Seahawk teams. I am especially disappointed in the older people, you remember these teams. Anyway, just wanted to post one more time to show support for aros. You all just chased away a legend in the net community. Chicken littles.

sdog1981

Reaction score
DTexHawk":3o1n9k3a said:
Millennial's fault.

Too many grew up getting participation trophies and can't handle any type of loss.

Winning a SB makes everything short of that look like a failure.

You know Millenials are in their 30's. These centennials you gotta look out for. Kids born after the year 2000.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Bitter":24j4tn5v said:
Siouxhawk":24j4tn5v said:
Bitter":24j4tn5v said:
Year of The Hawk":24j4tn5v said:

In my opinion telling people they don't support the team, are lesser fans, lack football knowledge, etc. for not supporting Bevell is disrespectful. The disrespectful part isn't in your opinion, it is in the complete dismissal of the other side and treating people like idiots because they have that opposite opinion (again I have gotten defensive at times and been guilty of this myself.)

I have stated my opinion several times that some of it is Pete's responsibility for apparently not holding his coaches to the same standard as his players. Maybe it is him just being "loyal to a fault", maybe he wants a lacky in that position, maybe he is just so arrogant that he can't see the potential being wasted. Honestly I don't know what it is. Despite this flaw (among others such as clock management and awful replay judgement), I still like what Pete brings to the team.

What I do know is the primary purpose of a football team is to entertain its fans and even in some wins I find myself not entertained way to often. Not because the game is close, but because of my perception (right or wrong) of how the offense is handled. And I am far from being alone.
So you don't find enjoyment with the Hawks when they win? Hmmmm. Not judging, but for your own happiness, I might look for another outlet for your free time. Wow, 2 Super Bowl appearances in the last 3 years and you have a feeling of discontent with the team.

As for having opposing views on who runs the offense, I highly encourage rational discussion and have participated in good dialogue about that with some contributors. But when every thread is taken over by this Bevell bashing frenzy, you lose a big element of what .net's intended purpose was. What's more, in my mind, any significance I had attached to your viewpoint gets washed away, admittedly because of the frustration I feel that any perceived headway we were making gets thrown back to Square One as another Fire Bevell thread immediately pops up in the hierarchy of the thread lineup. And yes, I own my frustration in that instance.

And we will have to agree to disagree about Pete's motives to entrust Bevell. My belief is that they have similar ideologies about how the offense should be run and that he sees in him a vibrant talent that has already compiled a sterling track record of success. He's also perceived around the league and in the media with respect and field leaders like Russ and Baldwin have repeatedly given him credit. He's been there every step of the way as this team has morphed into elite status, so yeah, I for one get a bit on the defensive side with all these catcalls, that to me, threatens to impede the continued success of the Hawks.

But make no mistake about it, I have thoroughly enjoyed the paramount times this franchise is basking in and appreciate each and every savory win. And in that, I too don't think I'm alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts