Thank You NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
What this thread has turned into is an indictment of this board.

It's cute, and sad.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Here lies Seahawks.net.
1998 - 2016

"The douchebags finally won"

sent from the charred remains of a note 7 using tapatalk

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Meh, another thread about finding fault, someone has to be blamed.

:sarcasm_on: Fire Bevell, Fire Cable, Fire Pete, cut Wilson, etc.,etc., etc.. :sarcasm_off:

I don't know why some other person's view can't be accepted as just their view. it is possible to disagree w/o being diagreeable. BTW I suspect we are all guilty at times of not just accepting other's opinions w/o having to attack them. The whole "I'm right, you are wrong and stupid" mentality doesn't promote healthy discussion, nor does the inability to stay on topic. Post Fire Bevell, etc. and you new revelations thereupon in the appropriate thread as the discussions are slowly becoming impossible to read.

I love this team but I am learning to dislike this site at times because of the unremitting negativity by some here. no team is perfect , no coach can't do a better job, no team can win every game, no body is perfect. OK some girls seem that way at times.

:sarcasm_on: Geez it's not as if the Seahawks aren't the #2 seed in the NFC, or that they are not now perennial playoff contenders, or that they are not now the #1 scoring D, like they have been for the past few seasons. We are very darn lucky as fans of this team and even when the pitch a stinker like happened last Sunday thay still kept the game close. Oh wait, they are, we should be happier about that state of affairs :sarcasm_off: :irishdrinkers: :179422: :0190l:

C'mon fellas let's discuss and not argue. Take your arguments to the appropriate forum if you are so inclined.

I'm sure our dearly departed Pithy Raddish would be woodshedding more than few here for being unecessarily disagreeable. let's all of us try harder to to not be.

My 2 cents, worth likely less than that.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
This is typical in any type of fraternity. Sad thing is, this will be forgotten as well as the poster, with the exception of his close friends.

I would suggest to take a break and come back in a month. No one person here is going to cause any (*ongoing) pain by quitting or staying.

A

Anonymous

Zebulon Dak":45xzsmem said:
HoustonHawk82":45xzsmem said:
I had my time adding capital letters and punctuation to make many of you look more presentable as you contribute at stoplights, just as I had my time attempting to positively influence you and provide key info on game days. I miss that. When Iog in now and see things looking like 5-year-olds typed it I can only shake my head and sigh. Appearances are important, and seeking out the bad before making the good look better is something the staff here has lost hold of. Very sad, really. A special place to meet and share is neat and orderly, it is considerate and tolerant, not judgmental and bullyish. If you want to be good, you have to look good. From there, you encourage and nurture, you don't bannish and embarass.

Hate to break it to you but that's not a moderator's job.

Don't hate to, just break it to me. I am an adult.

I could have typed a sentence which included a statement saying that doing what you believe a moderators job is was always done first, then there was time spent organizing and working on aesthetics, but I chose not to.

Perhaps because during my mod tenure, my most productive time online doing "moderators duties" began several hours before most of you logged on, and my time spent grooming and enlightening occurred much later in the day. As it was posted.

It may also be helpful to point out that I did a great many other duties behind the scenes than the others did while operating in the lead role. Which will give those who wonder why certain provisions no longer flow smoothly a reason why those things no longer do.

What mods "are suppossed to do" is left for y'all to figure out the hard way on your own, as you go, so I don't blame you for your comment.

Interestingly, your comment was based on something I decided not to include in my post, as oppossed to what I actually did include. Which is telling.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1qntltaa said:
Zebulon Dak":1qntltaa said:
HoustonHawk82":1qntltaa said:
I had my time adding capital letters and punctuation to make many of you look more presentable as you contribute at stoplights, just as I had my time attempting to positively influence you and provide key info on game days. I miss that. When Iog in now and see things looking like 5-year-olds typed it I can only shake my head and sigh. Appearances are important, and seeking out the bad before making the good look better is something the staff here has lost hold of. Very sad, really. A special place to meet and share is neat and orderly, it is considerate and tolerant, not judgmental and bullyish. If you want to be good, you have to look good. From there, you encourage and nurture, you don't bannish and embarass.

Hate to break it to you but that's not a moderator's job.

Don't hate to, just break it to me. I am an adult.

I could have typed a sentence which included a statement saying that doing what you believe a moderators job is was always done first, then there was time spent organizing and working on aesthetics, but I chose not to.

Perhaps because during my mod tenure, my most productive time online doing "moderators duties" began several hours before most of you logged on, and my time spent grooming and enlightening occurred much later in the day. As it was posted.

It may also be helpful to point out that I did a great many other duties behind the scenes than the others did while operating in the lead role. Which will give those who wonder why certain provisions no longer flow smoothly a reason why those things no longer do.

What mods "are suppossed to do" is left for y'all to figure out the hard way on your own, as you go, so I don't blame you for your comment.

Interestingly, your comment was based on something I decided not to include in my post, as oppossed to what I actually did include. Which is telling.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here, but I want to make sure you know I'm not saying you didn't do a good job of moderating or that the job itself isn't difficult or time consuming or thankless, because I know it's all those things. All I'm saying is spelling and grammar is not typically the job of a moderator on a discussion based fan forum. But maybe I'm wrong and that's what y'all had decided was appropriate. I dunno. You tell me.

CANHawk

Reaction score
HH, how do you spend time before people log on when the board is open 24/7?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Houston, having been a newspaper copy editor in a past life, I appreciate the contributions you made to make this site look clean and welcoming. I also enjoy the thoughtfulness and humor of your posts. When you start talking specs on sports cars, that stuff sails over my head, but it is interesting nonetheless.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
DTexHawk":3hxbryuz said:
Winning a SB makes everything short of that look like a failure.

I have been visiting this site for at least 2 hours a week for the last 16 years. The have been a number of great contributors come and go. Todd has been here from the beginning and I belive that whatever the reason for this sabbatical it is valid. I hope it isn't truly the end but I have to admit sometimes I wish I could abstain from this addiction.

The SB win changed everything! The fans in the stadium are different, the media treats us different, the posters here are different. This is still an amazing place to talk Seahawks and I am not giving up on this team, Bevell, Cable, Carroll, Wilson, and the OL.

AROS... enjoy your time away. I hope to read a post from you again in the future. Here's to a Super Bowl winning season.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2o31algq said:
No it wasn't in reference to anything you said. It was a reference to this quote by NFSeahawks628:

"When we start putting up 40 points on a consistent basis, I'll lay off."

Whoops, my bad, then; sorry.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2kerp555 said:
Aros is a class act. You folks don't deserve him here.
Agreed.

When this place started in 98 it was my primary Seahawks information site. It was cool being from Tennessee and 'meeting' so many fellow fans, including Aros and a laundry list of others. Now that Seahawks information is so readily available, this place has morphed from more informational to more of a debate and arguing board, along with the occasional pissing contests..

Thats why I primarily hang in the Shack, Lounge and occasionally the Gameday Forum.

This place has evolved. Like it or not.

A

Anonymous

CANHawk":3bx8d838 said:
HH, how do you spend time before people log on when the board is open 24/7?

Since I live in Texas, and I am about a 6-hour a night sleeper, I got my coffee going and would log onto the site extremely early, like 4:30am central. There were always some global folks online, to some degree, at that time of day, but very few. Merging threads, moving threads, sending kind notes, cleaning up titles, answering the admin emails and PM's, that kind of stuff got done when very few folks were online. That way, and with the least amount of traffic possible, I would peruse topics to find things amiss and rectify them, so the reads would flow smoothly. When one had the ability to edit another's posts at will, fixing typographical errors I saw as providing a valuable service. When a poster accidentally posted twice, messed up a YouTube embed, (et.al.) I would fix those things.

Again, could have explained more, but enough about what I did here, and no longer have the ability to do, this thread is about Aros thanking people, and without saying so directly, left things up to interpretation.

Far be it for me to expand on my thoughts and speak as though anything I have said has any direct or indirect correlation, but I answered y'all's questions about what I posted. I think the actual posted material from some members regarding last Sunday's game was a turning point for Todd. I venture to guess material prior also had him shaking his head as well.

Thing is, I have always believed that every member here should have an equal voice no matter who, where, what, or who they sleep next to is. Race creed, color, class, (yada yada) is of no consequence, just follow the rules of conduct and all is cool. The trouble is, people are very emotionally invested in this team and with the teams relatively recent success, a new breed of member has emerged here and some walls have been built, cliques formed, and sides taken. The everyday user knows what a given other user will say before they say it. It has become an almost predictive discussion environment. When somebody says something that goes against that stereotype, it is pointed out. You can't stir the judgmental(ness) with an iron bar in here.

The cellar dweller fans of 40 years past and the recent fans don't see eye to eye, and everything in between. When we sucked, we were all in the same boat, and like-mindedness was very easy to find. Not so anymore.

There are a great many reasons why someone may come and go from here. There are some that have gone without a peep and those who choose to say a little something on the way out. At least Todd left a few doors open that might cause a few to walk by and take a peek inside... please?

Go Hawks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts