Tharold Simon has....

canfan

Reaction score
gowazzu02":byl0q458 said:
Anyone else yell at your tv in the second half, after a nice pass breakup by Simon, he jogs back giving the throat slash sign to the raiders bench.... I think it probably was a don't try that on me type thing. but was at throat level. Im surprised it didn't get flagged.

He has now gone a whole game without a personal foul, but its not for a lack of trying. I get a kick out of the guy, but he needs to play with more control of his emotions. I heard Salk on 710 this morning say he was pleasantly surprised that Simon didn't get a penalty during the team introductions. Kind of sums up guy nicely!

mikeak

Reaction score
I have liked Simon since his tape post draft day. Loved what I saw on it. I think he plays much closer to the WR than Browner and has the ability to track the football. Close to the interception yesterday

Needs to cut out some dumb stuff still but I expect to see a few INTs before the year is over

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":3lpkbvua said:
Played 8 solid, REALLY solid, consecutive quarters of football. He's getting better and making me tingly over his potential. He's a lot of Browner attitudinally, but with more natural cover skills.

Maxwell may've just lost his job.

XOXO

Carlton Gray

As chief founder of the Tharold Simon fan club....

.. No he didn't take Maxwell's job. But he's played very well since the Rams game.

Good thing Sonichawk wasn't in charge of player personnel after that game, or Simon would have been cut. :lol:

XOXO

Karsten Bailey

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1qbtwvbs said:
Sgt. Largent":1qbtwvbs said:
pehawk":1qbtwvbs said:

2119935855 bed8fd6634 o

Yeah, I mean, it's never worked out that way under Pete. Crazy talk...

Also, did you really LOL? I mean LITERALLY LOL? I hope so because I'm tired of everyone typing LOL when they don't mean it. In most cases if they actually did LOL they probably also laugh at KFC Commercials. If they laugh at those types of things I want them to plummet from the 300 level anyways (that WOULD be LOL worthy)

I'm tired of LOL's being passed out all willy-nilly.
LOL...........WUT? :shock: , Wut I really meant to say without being too boisterous was....lol

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Simon better than Maxwell? I sure ain't buying that quite yet. Let's wait and see, thanks.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1z1popks said:
Yeah I knew that Simon just needed some time to adjust on the field. Everyone was all over his case for his first game, but that was his FIRST GAME! Now that he is getting used to the NFL, he is starting to look a lot better.

If you loved Browner, you will love Simon. If you complained about Browner, you will likely not be a big fan of Simon. There are going to be some dumb penalties. But he will make some big plays and he will be a great member of the LOB. We're going to have great depth at CB once Maxwell and Lane are back.

I am loving having Sherman and Maxwell with Simon and Lane as the 3rd and 4th...thats quality CB depth right there

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I think it is totally possible that Simon becomes the new starter. Worst case scenario is that we have excellent depth late in the season at the DB position.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3fcqjtx6 said:
Sgt. Largent":3fcqjtx6 said:
pehawk":3fcqjtx6 said:

2119935855 bed8fd6634 o

Slow day huh?

I wouldn't be totally surprised if Simon superseded Byron. There's a couple of things to consider here. B-Max hits FA next year, and should we want to keep him as cheap as possible then it would make sense to sit him behind Simon (while there's no discernible drop off).
Conversely, we may be resigned to losing him. His solid performances since starting should garner some decent offers, and continued strong showings as a starter could net us some decent compensation in this scenario.

B-Max is a starter on any other team in the NFL.
Will be interesting to see what happens here, I'm not convinced it's straightforward that Byron starts as soon as he's ready.
But I'm hoping that the Seahawks keep a fresh recall on why Simon is playing right now, because really good backups are a hard to find, and pretty much a luxury.
Pete will undoubtedly be on the scouting for more Secondary players in the next Draft, especially if Maxwell garners a lot of attention at the end of this Season.

minormillikin

Reaction score
pehawk":1y2zwfhi said:
Sgt. Largent":1y2zwfhi said:
pehawk":1y2zwfhi said:

2119935855 bed8fd6634 o

Yeah, I mean, it's never worked out that way under Pete. Crazy talk...

Also, did you really LOL? I mean LITERALLY LOL? I hope so because I'm tired of everyone typing LOL when they don't mean it. In most cases if they actually did LOL they probably also laugh at KFC Commercials. If they laugh at those types of things I want them to plummet from the 300 level anyways (that WOULD be LOL worthy)

I'm tired of LOL's being passed out all willy-nilly.

I used to feel the same way about the lols, while chatting on AOL chat rooms in 1996.

As it turns out, hardly anyone actually ROFLs either. I guess it's just an Internet term to express amusement.

Lawlz

ManBunts

Reaction score
God, just get Burley out of there. Every time I turn around our defense has held to 3rd and 10, then he gives up a first down because he's giving the WR a half a field cushion.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
As much as Simon impressed, I think you start Maxwell and hope that the competition will bring out the best in his play in the stretch run... just like last year.

Prior to the season, I thought Maxwell could fetch a legit 3rd round comp if he dominated like he did in 2013... now you're looking at a 4th or 5th round comp pick... with hopes a dominant 2015 performance brings up a notch.

But you have to love where the CB depth is headed for 2015 with Sherman, Simon, Burley, and Lane.

I actually wouldn't mind for Maxwell to miss a few games, that will allow Simon to continue to get experience and Lane some playing time.

I actually thought Max and Avril would be bonfide 3rd round comps but now I think the Seahawks will be able to retain Avril at a modest Bennett-esque contract and he won't be getting that 10-12 per I thought he would get.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
pehawk":xn1ab0hr said:

i certainly hope so. not sure if the coaching staff has the balls to make that sort of maneuver at this juncture. at the very least simon puts pressure on max to up his game. maxwell has been simply getting assassinated out there before injury this season. atleast last season he made teams that were targeting him pay by creating turnovers.

atleast its good to know we have legit depth in simon for the rest of the season and an answer at that spot next season after maxwell is let go

hoxrox

Reaction score
Maxwell has had to face MUCH better QBs and WRs.

Not sold on Simon just yet but looks promising.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think Maxwell starts when hey comes back, but I think he moves over to nickel and Simon plays the outside corner in the nickel defense. I think Lane is probably the best nickel corner on the team though, so who knows what happens when he comes back...

Sincerely,

Sean Millington

Hawks46

Reaction score
hoxrox":2zcou3xd said:
Maxwell has had to face MUCH better QBs and WRs.

Not sold on Simon just yet but looks promising.

This. There's no comparison between what Simon has faced and what Maxwell has faced.

I'll be sold on Simon when he can hold up an entire season. I like his progress, but the over reaction is amusing to say the least. Simon has been injured his entire pro career so far. Yes, he's shown a lot of upside in that right now he's basically a rookie, but he still has to stay healthy and even in the few games he's played in this year he's already been nicked up.

Best case scenario is Maxwell comes back and improves a bit, Simon gets valuable reps with the second team, and Lane comes back healthy and strong, pushing Burley to the 5th CB. Burley can use the practice time in our system, and getting coached up by our coaching staff...especially after getting a lot of valuable game time that he can apply to the practice field and put it all together.

Burley is probably going to be decent. Folks seem to forget he was brought in right away and thrown into the fire.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Maxwell is a larger, better coached version of Josh Wilson. Simon clearly has more if an upside, but needs to prove he can be more durable.

Xoxo, Willie Williams.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It was nice to see Simon stay in the whole game vs. the Raiders. He was beat once on third down but did a good job overall and opposing QBs have not thrown at him much (PFF only records 4 targets, 2 completions).

You can't really compare him with Maxwell (yet) because both the Panthers and the Raiders relied heavily on screens and short passes in the middle of the field. The Giants will probably go with the same strategy without Cruz.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think they platoon depending on games, physical receivers give Maxwell problems he can't jam them well, I think speed guys will be covered by Maxwell,

Ozzy

Reaction score
It wouldn't shock me in the least if Simon is better than Maxwell. I don't really care either way but I do know having BOTH to go with Sherman makes our secondary much better. I wonder if they move Maxwell into the slot at times and have Simon start opposite Sherman? Regardless I love the fact that we can have the debate. Means Simon is doing something right.