THAT Lockette tackle...

keatonisballin

Reaction score
That hit is insane. Would love if he could transfer that speed into some deep balls downfield for TD's. :)

Also fun fact, the dude that he destroyed, Justin Veltung, went to Puyallup HS.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Veltung did well to keep hold of the ball to be fair.

OrFan

Reaction score
That hit was awesome! We were all cheering for the beheading. It got so loud for that one hit. Everyone in my section was cheering, and high fives all around.

iigakusei

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":f56gb5kf said:
Veltung did well to keep hold of the ball to be fair.

I dont know how he did....that was amazing. Kudos to him.

baumer64

Reaction score
That play is amazing in many ways: #1 Lockett's SPEED. I knew the dude was fast but WOW!!! #2 No Flag! It seems we never see hits like that anymore without a flag flying in. I'm really surprised there wasn't one since he hit him in the head. Maybe calling him pushed into the receiver nullified the hit to the head. #3 I can't believe the guy hung onto let alone caught the ball. Great play by the Rocket!!!

warden

Reaction score
It was an awesome hit, good old fashioned football that I love

But

with the leagues continued pussification of the game and the refs BS inconsistent calls, I bet you that hit gets called 80% of the time even though it is legal hit. I can handle bad calls, I just can't handle the inconsistency they have on calls. This week that hit is legal, next week it is a flag and a big fine and nobody knows what is what. I can only imagine what the players think.

bluengreen

Reaction score
That speed is unreal, he leaves the defenders behind like he is in a completely different gear, and then wow what a hit! It would be great if he too is able to translate his talent to the field and turns into something. At least he has been contributing.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
keatonisballin":1l4lhaip said:
Also fun fact, the dude that he destroyed, Justin Veltung, went to Puyallup HS.

Wasn't he also with us this year during training camp for awhile? Seems we brought him in for a smell.

As I mentioned in a thread a few months ago, It's nice to have my prodigal AAR back home again and doing well.

5meterhawkfan

Reaction score
Been a while since since posting, but that hit by Lockette reminded me of a kick off from the 80's.

Anyone remember Kenny Easley doing the exact same thing? I have looked for the video before with no luck because it was early 80's.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Wow what is his 40 time?He had to have beat it lol..I wish he had the hands can you imagine him like GB uses Cobb..Line him up all over till he gets open..Straight deep routes,Slot ect

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
There's no way he knew he would be on time for that hit. He couldn't have been watching the ball. He took a huge chance and the gamble paid off. Looked painful. My computer isn't fast enough to see the ball drop before he gets there. Only in slo-mo could I see the ball.

hawksman53

Reaction score
Man that dude has some friggin wheels! We need to wotk with him and get his hands better because if he caught consistently that is one hell of a gamebreaker to go along with harvin!

Throwdown

Reaction score
TwilightError":1vkm0lge said:
Lockette should be returning kicks for us.

More to return duties than just speed, if you look around every KR/PR has some jitter bug to their game. Richardo is just pure, unadulterated, blazing, blistering, jesus christ, oh my god speed.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Throwdown":nwxe8ys8 said:
TwilightError":nwxe8ys8 said:
Lockette should be returning kicks for us.

More to return duties than just speed, if you look around every KR/PR has some jitter bug to their game. Richardo is just pure, unadulterated, blazing, blistering, jesus christ, oh my god speed.

I know. But if he just has good ball control, ie. does not fumble, that blazing speed probably gets a few returns to the house yearly. Some jitter bug might get 5-15 extra yards more consistently.