That was a pretty miserable game...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hburn21":1gcht322 said:
hawkfan68":1gcht322 said:
hburn21":1gcht322 said:
hawkfan68":1gcht322 said:
Within the 10 yard line (redzone) 3 times but could only score one TD. Pathetic. Luckily the 49er offense is more apathetic than the Seahawks.
The numbers are slightly skewed with the mcevoy and procise drops that should have been td's

It's still a failure...there's no asterisk for drops.
So the fact solid plays where called and literally the only think stopping them from being successful is the drop plays nothing into how you view the possession?

Did they score a TD on every possession? No they did not. Scoring a TD in red zone (especially within the 10 yd line) makes it a success. They were only able to do that once. That is 33%. 33% success rate is only good in baseball. Your argument is about the playcaling. I'm not arguing about the playcalls just the fact once again they couldn't cash in on most of their red zone opportunities.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'm glad a win is a win, and we don't get ranked on factors like performance and strength of opponent.

What a terrible showing.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I don't know how this game is going to end up, but the Falcons offense is shredding the GB defense on the opening drive. Sanu just made the block that Jimmy Graham whiffed on. Mike Daniels, who everyone was gushing about last week, looks human again when he's not going against Luke Joeckel and Mark Glowinski.

And....TD. Made it look easy.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
xgeoff":134n875q said:
I don't know how this game is going to end up, but the Falcons offense is shredding the GB defense on the opening drive. Sanu just made the block that Jimmy Graham whiffed on. Mike Daniels, who everyone was gushing about last week, looks human again when he's not going against Luke Joeckel and Mark Glowinski.

And....TD. Made it look easy.

Wewwww... like you said. Atlanta absolutely shredded the GB defense.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Pretty maddening... GB going with a UDFA RT making his first career start and sixth round second year player logging his second start (and first at LT) and the line looks decent.

hawks85

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1lflfcww said:
I know we still have our problems to deal with, but at least the division is absolute trash.

Going to need to figure the offense out though for it to matter any further than Wild Card weekend.
if we even make it to wild card weekend. if this crap continues a trade or someone is going to lose there job/jobs. this is absolutely unacceptable.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":34011hoi said:
Very bad offense. 49ers defense is legit.

But yeah...

Is their defense legit? Or would this Seahawks version make a junior high defense look legit??

xgeoff

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":p02m76rt said:
Pretty maddening... GB going with a UDFA RT making his first career start and sixth round second year player logging his second start (and first at LT) and the line looks decent.

Exactly. And who else do they have on their line? Jahri Evans. Who we had in camp last year and cut. Why? Why did that happen? It is beyond bizarre the choices we make with respect to our O-Line.

xgeoff

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":wq7w7lgy said:
FlyingGreg":wq7w7lgy said:

But yeah...

Is their defense legit? Or would this Seahawks version make a junior high defense look legit??

Their defense is not 'legit'. Panthers seemed to handle them quite easily last week.

hawks85

Reaction score
hawks85":2n0zldol said:
Hawkpower":2n0zldol said:
I know we still have our problems to deal with, but at least the division is absolute trash.

Going to need to figure the offense out though for it to matter any further than Wild Card weekend.
if we even make it to wild card weekend. if this crap continues a trade or someone is going to lose there job/jobs. this is absolutely unacceptable.
whatever cable and bevell are doing isnt working. the ravens went through kinda the same thing the year they won the SB, there offense was horrible like ours. they fired cam in the middle of the season and hired jim caldwell, remember that. they switched to a ZB scheme and revamped the entire offense. we need to do the same thing. after the switch they were actually lighting up defenses including a very solid 9ers defense in the superbowl.

Seymour

Reaction score
xgeoff":2ti1z159 said:
CodeWarrior":2ti1z159 said:

Exactly. And who else do they have on their line? Jahri Evans. Who we had in camp last year and cut. Why? Why did that happen? It is beyond bizarre the choices we make with respect to our O-Line.

Believe it or not, Pete actually admitted they made a mistake letting Evans go. How could he not after last seasons beating?

xgeoff

Reaction score
Seymour":357udv6p said:
xgeoff":357udv6p said:
CodeWarrior":357udv6p said:

Believe it or not, Pete actually admitted they made a mistake letting Evans go. How could he not after last seasons beating?

Wow, I didn't know that!

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
PFF Grades are out. Just posting for information, not as gospel. Odhiambo's rating is one of the lower ones that I remember. What's the lowest that has been given out? Anyone know?

TqJG9Js

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1639ra1g said:

Ya I think 8-8 could seriously win the divison

ivotuk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1oxye3ou said:

But yeah...

Truth.

That 49ers defense is legit, and will only get better.

Smartest move SF made was hiring John Lynch and giving him 6 year contract.

ivotuk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2sr0mipm said:
PFF Grades are out. Just posting for information, not as gospel. Odhiambo's rating is one of the lower ones that I remember. What's the lowest that has been given out? Anyone know?

TqJG9Js

That's not right. Glowinski was by far the worst. PFF is just mailing it in.

Latest posts