That's Seahawks football!

original poster

Reaction score
I'm also amazed at the negative comments, but each to their own.

The lack of pressure on Goff concerned me somewhat, however Frank Clark and Sheldon Richardson more than made up for it towards the end, that speed rush from Frank Clark blowing past Andrew Whitworth :shock: :shock:

It was the most enjoyable game this season for me and perfect to be able to enjoy it for 2 weeks knowing the last Seahawks game was a win! It would have been truly awful to be sitting at 2-3 heading into the bye with the Rams having a 2 game lead.

We are, hopefully, just starting to get hot...We're in for a hell of a season!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
original poster":2jtlfe7r said:
...that speed rush from Frank Clark blowing past Andrew Whitworth :shock: :shock:

DUDE!!! :shock:

He looked like a ninja on fast forward on that play! S I C K

original poster

Reaction score
Aros":1syq0gbf said:
original poster":1syq0gbf said:
...that speed rush from Frank Clark blowing past Andrew Whitworth :shock: :shock:

DUDE!!! :shock:

He looked like a ninja on fast forward on that play! S I C K

Absolutely unbelievable! He looked like Von Miller!

Glad it wasn't just me blown away by it! Even more impressive considering it was one on one with Andrew Whitworth.

kidhawk

Reaction score
It's crazy to me how so many people could have circled this game as a huge concern even before the season started, then we come out with a HUGE victory (it put us in 1st place) and yet people still complain.

I don't think there's a football game that exists among two teams on a fairly equal playing field where you can't find some issues throughout the game for both teams.

I keep hearing how we were lucky to win because they dropped a pass towards the end of the game in the endzone, yet in other games this year, we shot ourselves in the foot many times with simple mistakes that cost us games, but you didn't hear people say how the other team got lucky....nope, you heard how we sucked. So basically if we make a mistake, we suck and if the opponent makes a mistake, we suck. I don't think I'll ever completely comprehend how that works.

Whenever I think about this game, all I can think is how we held the #1 offense in the league to 10 points.....25 points under their average before Sunday. Are we playing to the level I'd like? Not at all, am I happy to have won going into the bye week, and be sitting in first place right now..hell yes I am

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
original poster":2452i4mk said:

The lack of pressure on Goff concerned me somewhat, however Frank Clark and Sheldon Richardson more than made up for it towards the end, that speed rush from Frank Clark blowing past Andrew Whitworth :shock: :shock:

It was the most enjoyable game this season for me and perfect to be able to enjoy it for 2 weeks knowing the last Seahawks game was a win! It would have been truly awful to be sitting at 2-3 heading into the bye with the Rams having a 2 game lead.

Unfortunately with Avril out now, our D line is getting thinner and thinner........which means for big chunks of the game you're going to see 2nd and 3rd stringers being extremely ineffective. Which is what we saw yesterday.

If we want to keep guys like Bennett, Clark and Richardson halfway fresh, these new guys like Smith and Jones have to step up........or else the starters are just going to wear down, especially come playoff time.

Good time for a bye.

original poster

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1qqtzswr said:
original poster":1qqtzswr said:

Unfortunately with Avril out now, our D line is getting thinner and thinner........which means for big chunks of the game you're going to see 2nd and 3rd stringers being extremely ineffective. Which is what we saw yesterday.

If we want to keep guys like Bennett, Clark and Richardson halfway fresh, these new guys like Smith and Jones have to step up........or else the starters are just going to wear down, especially come playoff time.

Good time for a bye.

I'm personally not as concerned about Avril being out as I am excited about Frank Clark getting more reps. Next man up etc.

I was exactly the same with Jeremy Lane last week, not disappointed he was out, excited that we get to see more of what our rookie Griffin and newcomer Coleman can do.

Naz Jones, Marcus Smith, Jarran Reed etc have shown me nothing that would make me concerned to see them getting more playing time whatsoever, I'd consider our D-Line seriously stacked from top to bottom.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
original poster":3gxeuycj said:
Naz Jones, Marcus Smith, Jarran Reed etc have shown me nothing that would make me concerned to see them getting more playing time whatsoever, I'd consider our D-Line seriously stacked from top to bottom.

Reed played pretty well yesterday, but both Jones and Smith were terrible. We need those guys to play better going forward.

But I agree on Clark, he was a beast.......especially at setting the edge. Brilliant job, Gurley and the Ram's run game had NOTHING.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kidhawk":3950o9b5 said:
It's crazy to me how so many people could have circled this game as a huge concern even before the season started, then we come out with a HUGE victory (it put us in 1st place) and yet people still complain.

I don't think there's a football game that exists among two teams on a fairly equal playing field where you can't find some issues throughout the game for both teams.

I keep hearing how we were lucky to win because they dropped a pass towards the end of the game in the endzone, yet in other games this year, we shot ourselves in the foot many times with simple mistakes that cost us games, but you didn't hear people say how the other team got lucky....nope, you heard how we sucked. So basically if we make a mistake, we suck and if the opponent makes a mistake, we suck. I don't think I'll ever completely comprehend how that works.

Whenever I think about this game, all I can think is how we held the #1 offense in the league to 10 points.....25 points under their average before Sunday. Are we playing to the level I'd like? Not at all, am I happy to have won going into the bye week, and be sitting in first place right now..hell yes I am

Amen brother!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1sbz28dr said:
I will never understand negativity after a win. Or how we "escaped" (i.e. got lucky as if we weren't deserving of a victory) with the win. Give me a break. Does Tom Brady throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs every game? Please. Winning is HARD in the NFL. Especially these days when parity rules. To go down to LA and beat what was up until yesterday the most prolific offense in the NFL...That's not luck. That's GRIT.

The Seahawks showed that they are not going to be giving up the division any time soon. It was a GREAT WIN!!
GRIT....Yes, that's the absolute perfect framing. :vodka:

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Great defense work. I guess us naysayers would be better kept at bay with less punts and field goals or just less three and outs. Overall a good game but I can't seem to think our tight ends throwing a bomb is a wise play. We have more weapons to employ than to outfisher a fisher less team

We had top on outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2ceaokth said:
I don't see how a team that is this useless at running the ball could be considered to be playing "Seahawks football"
Because they found another way to (as AROS put it) GRIT out a win against one of the most prolific Offenses in the League leading up to this game.
The Seahawks didn't just roll over for the LA darlings.
"That's Seahawks Football".

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I don't get the people saying we "escaped" either. The D forced 5 turnovers from one of the hottest offenses in the league. That's dominant football.

The offense should buy them all dinner though, because holy crap, they still look totally inept.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":yo1xef56 said:
I get it, but we're NOT talking about it, because it didn't happen. 60 minutes to score more than 10 points at home. Game could have went either way, plenty of blown opportunities for both teams.
Running game needs to improve. But if people want to be unhappy after a win, go for it. Just not my own preference, that's all. Play calling was ridiculous conservative at the end of the game imo. Hopefully they improve on that and go for the throat in the future. Especially when you just need a first down to seal the deal, and you refuse to call a roll out for Russ. Makes zero sense.
You "Drive For Show, & Putt For Dough"
The Rams Defense was doing a damned good job of containing RW, and stifling our Run Game, so within the "Last Five Minutes" the Rams D was playing hard nose, they were desperate to get the ball back, WE were to playing MISTAKE FREE football.....Sometimes you just have to play NOT TO LOSE.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Maybe, but rolling Russ out when he's running for his life in from the pocket seems almost too conservative. Oh well, they won, all that matters.

Seymour

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":346l1ft4 said:
I don't see how a team that is this useless at running the ball could be considered to be playing "Seahawks football"

I'm with the green guy. Zero running game is not what I would call Seahawk football, and I hope I never have to.

I will take the close win though. 8)

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":28d9niwn said:
I don't get the people saying we "escaped" either. The D forced 5 turnovers from one of the hottest offenses in the league. That's dominant football.

The offense should buy them all dinner though, because holy crap, they still look totally inept.

Maybe they are saying that beause the rams had the win in the bag if the WR catches the ball :D DESPITE the 5 turnovers

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":311jhoax said:
SoulfishHawk":311jhoax said:
You can't actually be surprised. The Debbie Downer's refuse to enjoy wins. They'd rather point out negatives after a WIN. Oh well, to each his/her own. Go Hawks

I am a fully formed sports fan, capable of feeling more than one emotion after games.

So it's not black and white for me. I LOVED how the D played, fast and physical, awesome to see. But I'm still super frustrated with the offense. When the defense gives you TWO turnovers on the Ram's half of the field...........you gotta put the game away.

Cause if Kupp catches that game winner? THAT'S what we're talking about today, another terrible offensive performance. Didn't happen, and that's awesome. But holy moly Russell, put the damn game away when the D gives you the ball on a silver platter at the Ram's 25 with 5 minutes left.

Oh I agree 100%. The thing that sticks in my mind is that they rang up 375 yards off offense, and we got 5 turnovers. It's not realistic to expect 5 turnovers the next game out.

The thing is, this defensive front with these guys give our guys fits consistently. We knew it going in. Typically we can't run on them at ALL. So we beat them at their house. It's been a while.

No matter how bad their DL dominates our OL, we're 11-1 against them at home in the last 12 games. So if we win the turnover battle, maybe get Carson back, and our OL manages to keep up their annual 2nd half of the year improvement (excepting last year), then it looks pretty good we'll get another win. Barring injuries.