The 2018 Recruiting Thread

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":yu7doivl said:
JSeahawks":yu7doivl said:
I guarantee you 100% you can get Oregon to a top 5 class with 32 commits and zero 5 stars with a class that was extremely realistic.

There you go with the guarantees again.

Yes. but this one is not hypothetical. it mathematical. I ran it through and it could have happened easily.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":11lvuxer said:
DomeHawk":11lvuxer said:
JSeahawks":11lvuxer said:
I guarantee you 100% you can get Oregon to a top 5 class with 32 commits and zero 5 stars with a class that was extremely realistic.

There you go with the guarantees again.

Yes. but this one is not hypothetical. it mathematical. I ran it through and it could have happened easily.

Oh, "it mathematical?" [sic]

And, "it could have happened." This is what is known as a type 3 conditional sentence and yes, you just recited a hypothetical.

Honestly J, I didn't mean to get you this worked up.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm not worked up. I love talking about this stuff. Following recruiting is more interesting to me then following the games themselves. I fully admit that at first I didnt like you, but we're cool now. I respect where you're coming from.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sort of off topic, but one smart thing that Taggart did.... That dude really recruited the moms. He worked on the moms just as much as he worked on the players. He also played the race card a ton.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":jlzdr3f5 said:
I'm not worked up. I love talking about this stuff. Following recruiting is more interesting to me then following the games themselves. I fully admit that at first I didnt like you, but we're cool now. I respect where you're coming from.

Lol, well good, but I have to admit I like the games more even though they cause me a lot of stress. And, apparently, I am very unlikable at first because you aren't the only one.

I am really looking forward to this season but my expectations may be a little out of whack. I really think this team may be the best Husky team of the last three years.

Also, one development that I really liked was how poorly Stanford did this this recruiting cycle. I'm tired of losing Washington blue chips to those guys. It's that Stanford paper, it's like someone handing you 200K.

Drove down to Eureka today, man, not too many miles out of Portland the sun came out and the Oregon landscape was bright green! It's prettier than the drive thru southern Washington, but I just don't remember it being that green, it was like neon green. Cut off at Grants Pass and thru the Smith River/Jedediah Redwoods. By the time I hit the border it was like 70 degrees! Driving past the ocean beaches that warm sun felt so good. Western Washington has the best summers anywhere but it comes so much earlier down there.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
JSeahawks":5jvg4r1e said:
Sort of off topic, but one smart thing that Taggart did.... That dude really recruited the moms. He worked on the moms just as much as he worked on the players.

[youtube]5UH2raPtbw4[/youtube]

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I forgot to ask. Did the Huskies bring in any walk on kickers? Last year was brutal between the huskies and seahawks kickers.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":16mdt736 said:
I forgot to ask. Did the Huskies bring in any walk on kickers? Last year was brutal between the huskies and seahawks kickers.

Yes. I can’t remember his name but if you look back on this thread a page or 2 and it was mentioned.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Do they usually try out multiple kickers before giving a walk on spot to someone? Would like more than one just incase :|