The Bevell matter comes down to one question

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
The offense ultimately falls on the OC. Not saying everything today was Bevell's fault but look at the Rams with McVeigh. Sure they made a couple of additions but it's mostly the same team but better coached.

Bevell needs to be replaced -- we need to upgrade the OL and WR's too don't get me wrong but the system we have seems outdated with what works in the NFL right now.

I think other teams have figured out how to coach against us and that's when the OC either needs to adjust or be replaced. No different than how teams figured out how to stop Holmgren's offense.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":iqn36nrh said:
adeltaY":iqn36nrh said:
It doesn't feel like he's getting 2.5 seconds. Guys are getting beat close to instantly.

he is not getting even close to 2.5 seconds, but some dont want to blame the oline. That said it is not just the oline. Its also play calling and design, routes not run right, drops, penalites, no run game. Its a ot but it starts with the oline
Again you have no concept of how fast a huge person moves in pads..In 15-20 ft or more.
I understand it's not all on our 20 million + QB but he deserves some of the blame.

Anthony!

Reaction score
IndyHawk":j5rh4q1u said:
Anthony!":j5rh4q1u said:
adeltaY":j5rh4q1u said:
It doesn't feel like he's getting 2.5 seconds. Guys are getting beat close to instantly.

he is not getting even close to 2.5 seconds, but some dont want to blame the oline. That said it is not just the oline. Its also play calling and design, routes not run right, drops, penalites, no run game. Its a ot but it starts with the oline
Again you have no concept of how fast a huge person moves in pads..In 15-20 ft or more.
I understand it's not all on our 20 million + QB but he deserves some of the blame.

aHH 2 things- 1 I do know how fast they are I played College Football, and 2 I never said he did not get some blame he missed a few passes, but when you look at this game the biggest issue was the oline, In a game like this everybody has blame, but the QB should be way down on the list.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2e4ctuos said:
Sure, blame the OC when your QB sails throws 7 yards over the target, your receiver coughs up a tempo-changing fumble, your free agent LT can't stop an outside pass rush and our defense and special teams can't stopGurley or their kick returners. Got it.
Dude bevell was terrible today too. Run followed by two 50/50 jump balls with your tiny receivers when you need 4 yards is ridiculous. Youre quick to single out Wilson when he makes a mistake but still present a case where Bevell never makes a mistake....it's baffling.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

IrishNW

Reaction score
I dont think it really matters. Obviously we are not going to get a different QB, so lets change up how this offense works.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Montana it seems like your bias is starting to cloud your judgement a little. He isn't consistently getting 2.5 seconds combined with the fact that the routes are unbelievably long with no outlet routes leads to a lot of strange looking plays. The guys breaking down the all-22 if they can be trusted, are consistently confused by bevells game plan in spite of what Sioux says.

Anthony!

Reaction score
austinslater25":1st63esv said:
Siouxhawk":1st63esv said:
Sure, blame the OC when your QB sails throws 7 yards over the target, your receiver coughs up a tempo-changing fumble, your free agent LT can't stop an outside pass rush and our defense and special teams can't stopGurley or their kick returners. Got it.
Dude bevell was terrible today too. Run followed by two 50/50 jump balls with your tiny receivers when you need 4 yards is ridiculous. Youre quick to single out Wilson when he makes a mistake but still present a case where Bevell never makes a mistake....it's baffling.

The hater mantra say nothing till you can blame Wilson

Anthony!

Reaction score
IrishNW":2v38vdpf said:
I dont think it really matters. Obviously we are not going to get a different QB, so lets change up how this offense works.

You dont need a different QB you need better play calling/design and blocking.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2lvrmu5p said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2lvrmu5p said:
renofox":2lvrmu5p said:
Siouxhawk":2lvrmu5p said:

Are you really serious with your defense of Cabevell, or is this some kind if long-term troll joke?

At least we know he isn't actually Bevell now.... he was posting while Bevell was calling plays.
Is that what you call what bev was doing?

Touche

IrishNW

Reaction score
Anthony!":3cbu8clg said:
IrishNW":3cbu8clg said:

You dont need a different QB you need better play calling/design and blocking.

thats what I said Anthony

daketah

Reaction score
I don't think its the time that influences a QB as much as sacks and pressures.

As far as sacks and pressures, Tom Cable's line had Russ pressured on over half of the pass plays, and got him sacked 7 times. A less-mobile QB would have been sacked more than Russ was today. Bevell shares in the responsibility by refusing to scheme a quick passing game.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
daketah":32jvt0zn said:

As far as sacks and pressures, Tom Cable's line had Russ pressured on over half of the pass plays, and got him sacked 7 times. A less-mobile QB would have been sacked more than Russ was today. Bevell shares in the responsibility by refusing to scheme a quick passing game.

I don't even think it's the line so much as how it's used. Zone blocking needs to go away. Hard hitting, mano a mano, smash mouth football. Pull guards and tackles, hit like a freight train and move the ball.

JimmyG

Reaction score
daketah":3pkf0juo said:

This narrative that "mobile quarterback = less sacks" is simply not true. There are countless examples of mobile quarterbacks racking up a lot of sacks. Yes, sometimes mobile quarterbacks evade sacks with their ability to escape, but other times they hold the ball too long and leave their offensive line hung out to try. There are pros and cons to mobile quarterbacks, but everyone conveniently turns on the blinders and ignores the bad aspects of it. Cam Newton, Tyrod Taylor, Russell Wilson, and Alex Smith are very nimble, and all are top 10 in sacks this year.

I'm so tired of this myth. Many sacks today were on Wilson. At least three of the sacks today were the result of him holding on to the ball too long. This isn't anything new. You see this literally every game.

Seymour

Reaction score
Here is an idea. Nobody is getting open in 2.5 seconds and many of the routes called are taking longer than that. :roll:

Anthony!

Reaction score
JimmyG":1amy73zs said:
daketah":1amy73zs said:

This narrative that "mobile quarterback = less sacks" is simply not true. There are countless examples of mobile quarterbacks racking up a lot of sacks. Yes, sometimes mobile quarterbacks evade sacks with their ability to escape, but other times they hold the ball too long and leave their offensive line hung out to try. There are pros and cons to mobile quarterbacks, but everyone conveniently turns on the blinders and ignores the bad aspects of it. Cam Newton, Tyrod Taylor, Russell Wilson, and Alex Smith are very nimble, and all are top 10 in sacks this year.

I'm so tired of this myth. Many sacks today were on Wilson. At least three of the sacks today were the result of him holding on to the ball too long. This isn't anything new. You see this literally every game.

Okay first no there were not 3 sacks that were on Wilson. So lets put that BS to rest. as to holding onto the ball first you need to show were he had someplace to throw the ball, which as the announcers, pointed out most of the time there was not. The reality is what having a mobile QB does is give you a chance on every play even when the line is like swiss cheese like today. A non mobile QB would have been sacked at least 8 more times today. What we see every game is some here looking for any excuse to blame the QB for anything. Despite what the game actually showed. SInce RW was having pressure in his face on nearly every play in under 2.5 seconds it is on the oline first and foremost, then the OC for not providing a quick passing game.

oka

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Remember when Russ threw a lateral out of bounds to no one while being sacked? That was fun.

Russ crapped the bed today, really really bad. The routes didn’t help, the offensive line didn’t help. It takes a team to suck that bad. It’s hard to argue that lots of change is needed.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":1pzhm5n6 said:
Here is an idea. Nobody is getting open in 2.5 seconds and many of the routes called are taking longer than that. :roll:

shhh dont put facts into this, the haters cant handle that

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":38ijdk11 said:
renofox":38ijdk11 said:
Siouxhawk":38ijdk11 said:

Are you really serious with your defense of Cabevell, or is this some kind if long-term troll joke?

At least we know he isn't actually Bevell now.... he was posting while Bevell was calling plays.

Based on what happened in-game, I don't believe this means he isn't actually bevel.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seymour":3hwlh0ke said:

Nope it has to be Russell's fault. Strangely almost every expert
Watching game tape comes to the conclusion that it has very little to do with Wilson and in fact without him this is a 4 win team

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
There are plenty of time RW has had 3 to 4 seconds in the pocket, it still doesn't matter. He either hears footsteps and runs out of the pocket or everyone is covered. Seems like 80 percent of our completions come off of broken plays because of the latter two.