The Bevell matter comes down to one question

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
At one point 30 drop backs and 12 pressures... guy is already planning escape when receives snap. Yet we keep calling pocket passes over and over... without Russ we have maybe 2 wins with this seasons performance. Put Russ on the Rams and that team is unstoppable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony!

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3optnk30 said:
There a plenty of time RW has had 3 to 4 seconds in the pocket, it still doesn't matter. He either hears footsteps and runs out of the pocket or everyone is covered. Seems like 80 percent of our completions come off of broken plays because of the latter two.

That is partially true, the problem is a lot of times wheN RW does what you call hearing footsteps, it is to by time abd change the throwing angles to help the WR get open, This was discussed on ESPN a few weeks back. THe thing that makes no sense to me is the lack of adjustments

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2t4l8d5f said:
renofox":2t4l8d5f said:
Siouxhawk":2t4l8d5f said:
Sure, blame the OC when your QB sails throws 7 yards over the target, your receiver coughs up a tempo-changing fumble, your free agent LT can't stop an outside pass rush and our defense and special teams can't stopGurley or their kick returners. Got it.

Are you really serious with your defense of Cabevell, or is this some kind if long-term troll joke?

At least we know he isn't actually Bevell now.... he was posting while Bevell was calling plays.
I’m hedging my bet that he (Sioux/Leaf/BFS) is related to, or a close family friend of DB.

Anthony!

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":3itxc228 said:
At one point 30 drop backs and 12 pressures... guy is already planning escape when receives snap. Yet we keep calling pocket passes over and over... without Russ we have maybe 2 wins with this seasons performance. Put Russ on the Rams and that team is unstoppable.

your forgetting the 7 sacks, and at least 9 hits. so lets see 27 out of 30 times he was hit hurries/pressured, or sacked that is in excusable

Ozzy

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2xlq6s6c said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2xlq6s6c said:
renofox":2xlq6s6c said:
Siouxhawk":2xlq6s6c said:
Sure, blame the OC when your QB sails throws 7 yards over the target, your receiver coughs up a tempo-changing fumble, your free agent LT can't stop an outside pass rush and our defense and special teams can't stopGurley or their kick returners. Got it.

Are you really serious with your defense of Cabevell, or is this some kind if long-term troll joke?

At least we know he isn't actually Bevell now.... he was posting while Bevell was calling plays.
I’m hedging my bet that he (Sioux/Leaf/BFS) is related to, or a close family friend of DB.

There has to be some sort of connection I'm convinced.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
austinslater25":3ev3og0b said:
Montana it seems like your bias is starting to cloud your judgement a little. He isn't consistently getting 2.5 seconds combined with the fact that the routes are unbelievably long with no outlet routes leads to a lot of strange looking plays. The guys breaking down the all-22 if they can be trusted, are consistently confused by bevells game plan in spite of what Sioux says.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
BINGO!

WmHBonney

Reaction score
IF Bevell is still coaching here tomorrow, it will be obvious that this regime is doing NOTHING to improve the situation. The same holds true for Cable. They need to be gone. Yesterday.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3lktal5u said:
daketah":3lktal5u said:
I don't think its the time that influences a QB as much as sacks and pressures.

As far as sacks and pressures, Tom Cable's line had Russ pressured on over half of the pass plays, and got him sacked 7 times. A less-mobile QB would have been sacked more than Russ was today. Bevell shares in the responsibility by refusing to scheme a quick passing game.

I don't even think it's the line so much as how it's used. Zone blocking needs to go away. Hard hitting, mano a mano, smash mouth football. Pull guards and tackles, hit like a freight train and move the ball.

This...

We need to ditch the stupid ZBS and go to straight mauling people on the OL. That along with more outlets, and shorter routes would go a long way. Stop making Russ do long drops and then immediately run since a DL is in his face

getnasty

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":26m8h2dk said:
The Rams looked terrible on offense last year.

For many reasons it looked like they just didn't have good enough personnel.

Now we know they just needed better game planning.

The problem with Bevell is that his strengths require this team to do what are essentially the weaknesses of this team.

It does not matter if he COULD be good, he isn't going to be consistently good here. EVER.

And because Pete is tied to him and Cable, neither will Pete.

New game planning and 3 new receivers, a QB with more experience and a overhauled OL.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2np78z19 said:
When your QB is under pressure on 80% of his dropbacks and at least half of those are due to receivers running long-developing routes against a D-line that is consistently smoking your O-line and has every time they've met for years, that IS the OC's fault.

getnasty

Reaction score
It's a combination of all of these things. Russ consistanly holds the ball instead of getting rid of it on time, Bevell is average and the OL/Cable are very inconsistent.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Good grief.

Folks, we've been watching it for some time now. Frankly I'm shocked we've made it this far as is.
Along with a healthy D, we are and have been in need of a capable O-line. Every play begins at the line, and that's where it's failing often. Every OC, RW, discussion of how long a play takes or breaks down...all of those rants are born of one issue - an extremely sub-par Oline. Do you think we're getting even 30% execution of our plays called? No, the breakdowns (at the line) are often and brutal, turning any scheming/planning into a RW scramble and save (which he has done often and also why he's amazing).

Sure the Oline we have here might shine here and there, but there's no easy escape from this reality. We need a (very) well conditioned Oline stat, and that will take major work. Get an Oline "capable" (to downright frightening) and you lessen injuries on D (not having to be out there as much) and move the ball/score.

Asking RW to juke and scramble a win each week just isn't realistic (and yes, we have a GREAT QB).
May as well swallow that pill and do the work necessary for the above.

It's all entertainment anyway.

Go Hawks

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":39j3lzky said:
It's a combination of all of these things. Russ consistanly holds the ball instead of getting rid of it on time, Bevell is average and the OL/Cable are very inconsistent.

and agin he has to have some place to throw it and the time. He had neither today.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Can't deny Russ had one of his worst games, along with everyone else on the roster, but running for life at snap and when had time internal clock was probably thinking hit was coming and misfired. But anyone blaming him for anything is an asinine idiot. Dude is the entire offense!! We have 2 wins without him.

Easy Royal

Reaction score
Someone said on Facebook today it's been 27 games since an opening drive touchdown. Not sure if that's true or not. If it is that's awful, and considering the first 15 or so plays are scripted, doesn't look good for bevell

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Russell was off. So it comes down to settling him back down and finding that rhythm again. As the most successful OC in franchise history, Bevell initially developed that magic and he's the best choice to find it again.

RussB

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":pujeeeql said:
Russell was off. So it comes down to settling him back down and finding that rhythm again. As the most successful OC in franchise history, Bevell initially developed that magic and he's the best choice to find it again.
No he didnt stop defending him. He didnt develop any magic , it was wilson running around in spite of the terrible o line and making things happen all by himself. The last 2 games when wilson is finally getting contained the offense looks like a complete disaster. An bevell did jack shit to adjust and stop that from happening.

He accounts for over 80% of the seahawks offense and is responsible for all but 1 offensive TD on the team. That is amazing he can carry that load and do that but its not good. It shows that the whole offense is just him improvising . Bevell isnt doing anything. If he was he wouldnt let that continue as an OC for long periods of time.