The Colin Kaepernick obsession at .net

NINEster

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":37gzx8lx said:
It'd suck if Wilson was the 49ers QB, there'd be very little to go after him over.

LOL. There's always something to go after.

Trust me, there's no love lost for Wilson on our end.

I think the amusing part is the over the top adulation for Wilson by Seahawk fans makes it easier for us to hate him.

I had no issues with Hasselbeck, Tavaris Jackson, etc. Tavaris could be a top 5 QB and I wouldn't hate him....I don't hate Rodgers, Brees, Eli, and a bunch of other very good QBs. Being a 49er rival QB does not automatically qualify for hate.

Wilson at first was just the Hawks QB, a rookie that seemed pretty good. Then I wandered onto this forum and he's the best QB in the league and apparently the best human being in the National Football League. :roll:

You guys see what you want to see....a guy who is rather strait laced, says the right things, doesn't talk smack. We see a guy who is full of cliches, fake, false modesty.....all in a very, very subtle way. It takes some life experience to be able to sniff out insecure people or people with agendas. The truth always comes out in time, but the signs are usually there from the beginning. The calculated PR stunts with the children's hospital.....he's a politician alright, but only a good thing if he's YOUR boy. The classiest people want to go out of there way to hide their good deeds not shove it down your throats.

And then the whole divorce. If you would have told me early in the offseason that a starting NFL QB was going to get divorced, I never would have picked Wilson. Every situation is different and we shouldn't judge but there are many neutral parties who will call him a quitter for not working it out -- his wife cheating on him would be the only acceptable thing, but where's the proof that happened? Either that or he's not as special a person as people think he is. If he wasn't savvy enough to realize money and power would bring a taste for new p***** that is too much for a mortal to overcome, then that's on him. Nothing wrong with that, but the super mature should know better.

So anyways, Wilson is not a terrible human being by any stretch, but putting him head and shoulders above other players in the NFL is laughable. And for the record, if the Jets drafted him I could be a fan of his and not a hater. :D

Speaking as a Niner fan, we all love our heroes but I cannot say that any of us ever put Joe Montana on the "human being" pedestal that Wilson is in the Seattle community (as a football player, he will always be god, the all time great with no peer, Rice included). The guy was an utterly dominant and dependable player, won a ton, and never talked s**** past or present. Off the field a decent guy. Same could be said about Steve Young. But were they such upstanding citizens outside of football? No more than the normal good guy.

If there's a QB who rocked a 49er uniform that exemplifies undeniable class and cannot be knocked whatsoever for his locker room and off the field behavior, its Alex Smith. He above all the 49er greats is a special human being off the field.

Marvin49

Reaction score
NINEster":yr3cwtvg said:
RolandDeschain":yr3cwtvg said:
It'd suck if Wilson was the 49ers QB, there'd be very little to go after him over.

I think the amusing part is the over the top adulation for Wilson by Seahawk fans makes it easier for us to hate him.

I had no issues with Hasselbeck, Tavaris Jackson, etc. Tavaris could be a top 5 QB and I wouldn't hate him....I don't hate Rodgers, Brees, Eli, and a bunch of other very good QBs. Being a 49er rival QB does not automatically qualify for hate.

Wilson at first was just the Hawks QB, a rookie that seemed pretty good. Then I wandered onto this forum and he's the best QB in the league and apparently the best human being in the National Football League. :roll:

You guys see what you want to see....a guy who is rather strait laced, says the right things, doesn't talk smack. We see a guy who is full of cliches, fake, false modesty.....all in a very, very subtle way. It takes some life experience to be able to sniff out insecure people or people with agendas. The truth always comes out in time, but the signs are usually there from the beginning. The calculated PR stunts with the children's hospital.....he's a politician alright, but only a good thing if he's YOUR boy. The classiest people want to go out of there way to hide their good deeds not shove it down your throats.

And then the whole divorce. If you would have told me early in the offseason that a starting NFL QB was going to get divorced, I never would have picked Wilson. Every situation is different and we shouldn't judge but there are many neutral parties who will call him a quitter for not working it out -- his wife cheating on him would be the only acceptable thing, but where's the proof that happened? Either that or he's not as special a person as people think he is. If he wasn't savvy enough to realize money and power would bring a taste for new p***** that is too much for a mortal to overcome, then that's on him. Nothing wrong with that, but the super mature should know better.

So anyways, Wilson is not a terrible human being by any stretch, but putting him head and shoulders above other players in the NFL is laughable. And for the record, if the Jets drafted him I could be a fan of his and not a hater. :D

Speaking as a Niner fan, we all love our heroes but I cannot say that any of us ever put Joe Montana on the "human being" pedestal that Wilson is in the Seattle community (as a football player, he will always be god, the all time great with no peer, Rice included). The guy was an utterly dominant and dependable player, won a ton, and never talked s**** past or present. Off the field a decent guy. Same could be said about Steve Young. But were they such upstanding citizens outside of football? No more than the normal good guy.

If there's a QB who rocked a 49er uniform that exemplifies undeniable class and cannot be knocked whatsoever for his locker room and off the field behavior, its Alex Smith. He above all the 49er greats is a special human being off the field.

I hate to disagree with a fellow Niner fan, but I think you're way off on that one.

I too think its funny the way people think Wilson walks on water and make out like he's a superior human being compared to satan incarnate Kaepernick...

...but I genuinely believe Russ is a good person. I don't think any of it is false. I don't think he walks on water, but I do think he's a very good kid, a good leader, and good with the media.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I don't think Kaep is Satan incarnate, I think he is a dipshit douchebag. The human equivalent of fuzzy dice in a primered Camaro.

I don't think Russ walks on water either. But he isn't getting stalked by any crazy freaks that he boned, so there is that.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":26egixn2 said:
I don't think Kaep is Satan incarnate, I think he is a dipshit douchebag. The human equivalent of fuzzy dice in a primered Camaro.

I don't think Russ walks on water either. But he isn't getting stalked by any crazy freaks that he boned, so there is that.

....yet. :D

Nah, if he wasn't the QB in Seattle, I'd like RW. Good kid.

NINEster

Reaction score
Marvin49":1xj9yia8 said:
NINEster":1xj9yia8 said:
RolandDeschain":1xj9yia8 said:

I hate to disagree with a fellow Niner fan, but I think you're way off on that one.

I too think its funny the way people think Wilson walks on water and make out like he's a superior human being compared to satan incarnate Kaepernick...

...but I genuinely believe Russ is a good person. I don't think any of it is false. I don't think he walks on water, but I do think he's a very good kid, a good leader, and good with the media.

Marvin, how about I'm way closer to reality than 90% of Hawk fans on here are about PAPAKIIIIIII?

I know plenty of NY Giants' fans who love to talk s**** about the Niners as much or more than Seahawks fans but very few to none have this hatred/obsession with him. At worst they will question how good a QB he really is or get on him a little for his on the field swagger, but that's it. With Harbaugh, they have plenty of hatred.

Wilson is ok, Kaepernick is ok. The focus for people reading this is to focus solely on wanting to see the rival demolished by opposing defenses, and nothing more.

Wilson is not quite on Alex Smith or Larry Fitzgerald's level yet, and Kaepernick is not quite the rapist from Pittsburgh or the dog killer from Virginia. Can we all agree on that?

Marvin49

Reaction score
NINEster":1ihhao9e said:
Marvin49":1ihhao9e said:
NINEster":1ihhao9e said:
RolandDeschain":1ihhao9e said:

Marvin, how about I'm way closer to reality than 90% of Hawk fans on here are about PAPAKIIIIIII?

I know plenty of NY Giants' fans who love to talk s**** about the Niners as much or more than Seahawks fans but very few to none have this hatred/obsession with him. At worst they will question how good a QB he really is or get on him a little for his on the field swagger, but that's it. With Harbaugh, they have plenty of hatred.

Wilson is ok, Kaepernick is ok. The focus for people reading this is to focus solely on wanting to see the rival demolished by opposing defenses, and nothing more.

Wilson is not quite on Alex Smith or Larry Fitzgerald's level yet, and Kaepernick is not quite the rapist from Pittsburgh or the dog killer from Virginia. Can we all agree on that?

lol. Ya. :D

HansGruber

Reaction score
NINEster":2owcak45 said:

Kaepernick is nowhere close to Russell Wilson's level. The only people who think that are Whiner fans, and it's purely wishful thinking.

Russell Wilson has never cost his team a game, especially late. He's the anti-Kaepernick. Kaepernick gave up 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter of the most important game of his life. He was directly at fault for those turnovers, too. Threw one pass right to Kam Chancellor, tried to scramble out of a collapsing pocket with the ball held out awkwardly at half an arms length from his body, then threw a TERRIBLE pass to a covered Crabtree in the end zone. Even his own excuses admit it was a bad throw.

And that brings up yet the second way those two quarterbacks couldn't be more different. When Russell Wilson lost to the Falcons in the playoffs, he was upbeat with the media, said he personally took responsibility for the loss and would be working all offseason on improving, and said he couldn't wait to start working on next season. Then showed up team facilities the next day to study film, and showed up to the Superbowl to prep for the following season. Never publicly put down the 49ers, never insulted their players, never once publicly slammed a single one of them. He was there to prepare.

Colin Kaepernick choked his first Superbowl by throwing yet another TERRIBLE fade out of the back of the end zone. The following year, he gets beat by the Seahawks, runs off the field without shaking anyone's hand, pouts in post-game interviews, says the Seahawks aren't really that good, and shows up to the Superbowl to whine about how he could have won if he'd only thrown it a few inches higher, blah blah blah. When not pouting and acting like a childish douche in general, he was out partying and getting high with a chick who accused him later of rape (granted, falsely - but still, WTF was he doing hitting the bong?), or out playing in Miami with his Dolphins swag. The kid acts like a kid, literally, and hasn't shown an ounce of class in loss.

The real proof in the pudding is the contracts they sign.

We've already seen Kaepernick's. The Whiners don't trust him. He's on a long-term prove-it deal and he's getting paid less than Joe Flacco. A lot less.

Russell Wilson will be signing a blockbuster deal, probably in the 23-25m/yr range. And it will be a long-term commitment, with Seattle's focus being on keeping him a Seahawk for his entire career. We're never going to let him leave.

And of course, only one of those guys has a Lombardi. The far better QB - Russell Wilson.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Wilson's definitely got faults, and I don't think he walks on water; and I have NO doubt some of his stuff is orchestrated from a PR perspective.

All of that doesn't change the fact that it's pretty obvious he's a good guy overall. Above average in that regard. He's also boring from a "finding stuff to hate him for" perspective.

chris98251

Reaction score
Comparing their careers this early is hard, Kaep came out of the gate strong, stumbled and Wilson has over taken him, one Super Bowl win does not make a career, it does however put pressure on Kaep and Harbaugh. Kaep has all the tools but not the patience nor the maturity yet. Wilson is about as corperate as you can get, talks in a PC format and doesn't give anything or little as far as material for bulliten boards.

Wilson divorce whatever the reason was hit head on, one interveiw to announce the situation etc and then locked in a box, people can speculate as we have going forward but Wilson has moved on, at least publicly.

What we see in the next 5 years is really going to be the identification of their careers, Kaep if he matures, Wilson if he doesn't get caught up in the hype, and if both stay healthy and the coaching staffs they play for develop them and take advantage of the abilities each have.

Oh and if the front office for both teams can keep their supporting casts stocked with talent.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":3qtp5hi5 said:
Comparing their careers this early is hard, Kaep came out of the gate strong,
Yeah, riding the pine for a year-and-a-half and getting his shot due to a mediocre QB getting injured is coming out of the gate strong.

8)

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2y5lp48i said:
chris98251":2y5lp48i said:
Yeah, riding the pine for a year-and-a-half and getting his shot due to a mediocre QB getting injured is coming out of the gate strong.

8)

You are not going to make me do this are you ?

He went to a Super Bowl, won playoff games, thats coming out pretty strong.

It's just the start of this race and they are still coming onto the first turn as far as the careers paths go.

I hate you now :p

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":2jcvz9i6 said:

It's just the start of this race and they are still coming onto the first turn as far as the careers paths go.

None of that changes the fact that he couldn't ever beat out a mediocre QB to start his career. He didn't start "strong" at all.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":8ptpucri said:
chris98251":8ptpucri said:

None of that changes the fact that he couldn't ever beat out a mediocre QB to start his career. He didn't start "strong" at all.

Neither did Rodgers, Simms, Farve, or Montana.

Really really hating on you now................................. :?

HansGruber

Reaction score
chris98251":1pyzl2ig said:
RolandDeschain":1pyzl2ig said:
chris98251":1pyzl2ig said:

8)

Actually, Alex Smith came out really strong. He started 2012 at 6-2, giving the Whiners a 2-game lead in the NFC West.

Colin Kaepernick struggled through a 5-2-1 remainder of the season, and the 49ers squeaked into the playoffs with a half-game lead over the Seahawks.

Colin Kaepernick can thank Alex Smith for that Superbowl appearance (which he choked away to a vastly inferior Ravens team).

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Kaeperchoke has all the tools. He just doesn't know how to use them yet.

He needs to stop making mistakes in big games. Honestly, he tried to give the ball to Mikah Hyde for the loss, the one that the Panther receiver dropped wouldn't have mattered and he straight out threw the ball to Kamtrack, finishing the season with a really poor decision.

He threw 3 picks in week 2. 3 of them. That was a big game.

Great football player, athletic as they come, but something upstairs just ain't right.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think he came out pretty strong when he got the start at home against the Bears. That looked like his best game ever to me. In that game he actually looked relaxed.

He looks amazing against crap defensive teams and can struggle against good ones. Like the NOLA game, Carolina, Seattle x3 (he even choked it at home until Gore bailed him out)

HansGruber

Reaction score
Look up the stats. It's spooky. They both become turnover machines.