The Colin Kaepernick obsession at .net

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":375krycw said:
volsunghawk":375krycw said:
TAB420":375krycw said:
I will tell you why.

In his four career starts against Seattle, Kaepernick has a 1-3 record, three touchdowns, seven interceptions and a 54.0 rating. Hell he's one of my favorite players and in the NFCC game his 4th quarter play earned him Seattle's MVP in my book. Yep I love me some Kap. :49ersmall:

It'd be nicer if he performed like that against a few other teams other than ours. It would make winning the division a little easier instead of turning it into a nailbiter until the final week of the season.

Right now, Seattle is Kap Achilles heal. I think many peeps on this site only ever see Kap when he plays Seattle which is what drives their opinion of him.

THIS JUST IN: Seattles D is GOOD. In particular the secondary. In particular AT Seattle. Counting the playoffs, Kap played 19 games last year. He threw 6 INTS in 3 games vs Seattle and threw 5 INTS in the other 16 games combined.

As tough as it is to admit, right now Seattles got his number.

That they do, and I'm damn glad of it. Carolina did pretty well against him, too.

That said, Wilson's performances tend to dip a little against the Niners (though everything after his first drive against SF in the NFC Championship game was pretty solid). We might be able to chalk a lot of this stuff up to young QBs still having issues with top-flight defenses.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2wr6z1vx said:
He wasn't just defending his teammate. He was attacking the player who attacked his teammate. he could (and should) have taken the high road and just stood up for Crabtree, said something about how Sherman was wrong to say what he did and that he doesn't agree, thinks Crab is a great receiver, whatever. But instead, he made petulant, stupid and false remarks that made him look like a bitch. Scared of SF receivers? Please. He was being a bitch. You need to accept that, Marvin. Just like he was a bitch with the whole Dolphins cap thing. Just like how he'll be a bitch with something else this season.

Sherman is Sherman. He does what he does. The impression Sherman gave was that Crabtree had been talking shit about him previously. Crabtree then came off as a bitch in the locker room after the game. There are some sore losers on that team, starting with the head coach, down to Kaep and Crab and a few others. Doesn't inspire much confidence in their 'SB run' this coming season if I'm a 9ers fan. Which I'm not. Because they're dicks.

OK...now THAT I can't completely disagree with.

I wish he'd handled it differently (or at least gotten his facts straight), but I'm just not going to fault a guy when he errors by defending his guy. Maybe he should have done it differently and we all know he ain't great in front of a camera, but I won't fault him for having his teammates back.

Again tho...where's all the indignation on the rant that braught on the comments to begin with?

Reverse the situation for a sec. If the Niners had won and it were Bowman who said something like Sherman did...how would you feel if a Seahawk player defended their own, but you had preferred he'd done it differently?

Wouldn't you find it comical that 49er fans would be attacking the guy who responded and letting Bowman off the hook?

Clearly, Russ would have handed it differently. Good for him. That isn't the point though. I'm not comparing them.

EDIT: Oh, BTW, From what I can tell Sherman was responding to a quote from Crab where he said he didn't think Sherman was the best corner. I know....what an a$$hole.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":pi87t5ge said:
Marvin49":pi87t5ge said:
SMDH.

One dude throws a haymaker and ya'll are critical of the way the other guy attempts to block. LOL.

...and somehow I'M the homer.
Also, another thing to point out - Crabtree DID slap Sherman right after that play when Sherman was holding out his hand to shake his hand say "Hell of a game, hell of a game!" Everybody assumed the slap was retaliation for Sherman taunting him when it happened because nobody knows what Sherman was saying at the time, but he was wearing a microphone and it's on display in the Seahawks Super Bowl Blu-ray.

Maybe Harbaugh just fosters that poor loser mentality down in San Francisco; I don't know. Go watch our playoff loss at Atlanta from the year before last if you want to see a team that handles losses in an adult fashion.

oi.

I give up. LOL.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":2qpgb3es said:
RolandDeschain":2qpgb3es said:
Marvin49":2qpgb3es said:
Comical that you call that "denigrating a player" when he was responding to the ultimate version of just that in regards to Shermans rant on Crab.

"Mediocre Receiver"
"Sorry a$$ Crabtree"

Come on dude...how would a Seahawk player respond if those words were used?

He mis-spoke on national TV...no doubt, but dude...can you not see why he was defending his teammate?
Are you saying that it's an apt comparison looking at what Sherman said in the heat of the moment immediately following an amazing play by him that sent his team to the Super Bowl compared to days later calmly sitting in a studio chatting with football analysts?

Just making sure. Pull up some quotes from Sherman outside of game days and let's see how their factual analyses compare.

SMDH.

One dude throws a haymaker and ya'll are critical of the way the other guy attempts to block. LOL.

yes, yes you are, it's nice you finally admit to it!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":plbx9zbo said:
RolandDeschain":plbx9zbo said:
Marvin49":plbx9zbo said:
SMDH.

Also, another thing to point out - Crabtree DID slap Sherman right after that play when Sherman was holding out his hand to shake his hand say "Hell of a game, hell of a game!" Everybody assumed the slap was retaliation for Sherman taunting him when it happened because nobody knows what Sherman was saying at the time, but he was wearing a microphone and it's on display in the Seahawks Super Bowl Blu-ray.

Maybe Harbaugh just fosters that poor loser mentality down in San Francisco; I don't know. Go watch our playoff loss at Atlanta from the year before last if you want to see a team that handles losses in an adult fashion.

oi.

I give up. LOL.
Oh we wish!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Kaepernick is so emotional, and not in the good way. Sherman gets emotional because he makes a great play and will make more in the future. Kaepernick just gets so pouty when things go wrong. When your QB pouts after things go wrong, that's trouble. It's part of why Jay Cutler and Phillip Rivers (career resurgence aside) will probably never win rings. These guys just don't have the emotional makeup that a killer QB needs.

I hate Tom Brady. The dude is a jackass. He also doesn't pout like an eleven-year-old girl that was just informed that she couldn't go to the One Direction concert when things go wrong. He gets fired up and angry. He also has multiple rings.

You can't measure that sort of thing because it's all mental, and so my observations could be wrong and aren't backed with hard data...but I'm pretty sure I'm at least partially right about this.

chris98251

Reaction score
I look at it this way, Sherman does his thing to get into peoples heads, it may come off as cocky etc but it works and when you win you have the last word. The sticking a microphone in his face after a emotional moment was dumb, but having said that Crabtree and Sherman obviously have some bad blood between them anyway. Kaep speaks without thinking it seems and as defending a teamate got egg on his face. Can't fault him for defending his own, but he just needs to be smarter when he is on a microphone and choose his words better. The cliche type comments would suit him well in those situations. Have to look at the film, we need to play cleaner, they are a good team but we can play at that same level etc.

Brahn

Reaction score
Marvin49":1z1auxfv said:
When did I say he was better in front of a camera than Wilson? That would be foolish. His persona in front of a camera is one of his biggest weaknesses because he's SOOO uncomfortable in that spotlight.

So uncomfortable in the spotlight ......... please see

His Instagram
His Beats Commercial
His TD celebration
His visit with the First Lady
His "Body Mag" Issue
His SB media day

I think maybe the only thing he is uncomfortable with is being a leader. Least this is his biggest weakness, and not second reads of routes being run by wideouts.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
"Uncomfortable in the spotlight" is Marshawn Lynch. Kaepernick loves the spotlight...When things are going his way.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3fnnhpdj said:
"Uncomfortable in the spotlight" is Marshawn Lynch. Kaepernick loves the spotlight...When things are going his way.

Enjoying the spotlight and being comfortable are different things. Dude is nervous as all hell on camera and sometimes puts his foot in his mouth. Sometimes comes off kinda dorky and doesn't know what to say. Even when he tries to say something meaningful he messes it up by using incorrect facts.

Marshawn is uncomfortable on a whole other order of magnitude.

I like the dude and actually supported him during SB week. He just isn't wired to be comfortable in that setting.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Brahn":elrj1pu4 said:
Marvin49":elrj1pu4 said:
When did I say he was better in front of a camera than Wilson? That would be foolish. His persona in front of a camera is one of his biggest weaknesses because he's SOOO uncomfortable in that spotlight.

So uncomfortable in the spotlight ......... please see

His Instagram
His Beats Commercial
His TD celebration
His visit with the First Lady
His "Body Mag" Issue
His SB media day

I think maybe the only thing he is uncomfortable with is being a leader. Least this is his biggest weakness, and not second reads of routes being run by wideouts.

No, I meant what I said.

Does he enjoy the celebrity? Certainly. Is he comfortable on camera? Nope. Just look at his body language when he answers questions.

Leadership? Really? Ask his teammates. They would tell you something different.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":2z5cgzzh said:
I look at it this way, Sherman does his thing to get into peoples heads, it may come off as cocky etc but it works and when you win you have the last word. The sticking a microphone in his face after a emotional moment was dumb, but having said that Crabtree and Sherman obviously have some bad blood between them anyway. Kaep speaks without thinking it seems and as defending a teamate got egg on his face. Can't fault him for defending his own, but he just needs to be smarter when he is on a microphone and choose his words better. The cliche type comments would suit him well in those situations. Have to look at the film, we need to play cleaner, they are a good team but we can play at that same level etc.

Now that I can agree with 100%.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":1r2zv61e said:

While you have established yourself as a contributor on this forum, it doesn't matter if you agree or not. We don't need an interpreter for Kaeperchoke.

He LIED Marvin, you are quick to diminish it, but Kaeperchoke in a nationally broadcast interview said that Crabs has gone for a 100 a game on the Hawks defense. He did say that when in fact Crabs hasn't ever gone over 100 in a season against the Hawks. Then Kaeperstank claimed that it was why Sherman is scared of the Niner receivers. Really? SCARED?

Kaeperstank had time to think about what he was going to say during the 2 weeks prior to the Super Bowl. How bout the comments he made regarding contact with Manning to give tips? What in the hell could that have possibly included? "Hey Peyton, it's Chokernick, I haven't ever really played good against the Hawks, but what I do when I want to almost win is run like a Gazelle when the play breaks down, take a few designed runs and try to throw it over the heads of the Seahawk defenders. They play straight up and don't get fancy so I am sure that you can pick them apart like I do."

I'm positive Manning appreciated it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":av59nclp said:
Marvin49":av59nclp said:

While you have established yourself as a contributor on this forum, it doesn't matter if you agree or not. We don't need an interpreter for Kaeperchoke.

He LIED Marvin, you are quick to diminish it, but Kaeperchoke in a nationally broadcast interview said that Crabs has gone for a 100 a game on the Hawks defense. He did say that when in fact Crabs hasn't ever gone over 100 in a season against the Hawks. Then Kaeperstank claimed that it was why Sherman is scared of the Niner receivers. Really? SCARED?

Such a poor choice of words considering he has thrown more picks to Seattle than the rest of the teams on his schedule combined and Sherman has been the major contributor why his receivers have suffered so thoroughly against Seattle. Seems like scared is the right word but he should be applying it to himself because every stat and action backs it up. He is obviously scared of Seattle and Sherman. There really is no debate about that. Choosing to say Sherman is scared is likely a Freudian slip.

Kaeperstank had time to think about what he was going to say during the 2 weeks prior to the Super Bowl. How bout the comments he made regarding contact with Manning to give tips? What in the hell could that have possibly included? "Hey Peyton, it's Chokernick, I haven't ever really played good against the Hawks, but what I do when I want to almost win is run like a Gazelle when the play breaks down, take a few designed runs and try to throw it over the heads of the Seahawk defenders. They play straight up and don't get fancy so I am sure that you can pick them apart like I do."

Kaep has proven himself immature on many occasions. Sure Marvin would like to just discuss one thing at a time because you can make excuses for any single event but looking at all the things he has brought on himself there is no real way to justify his behavior. He is just flat out immature.

Marvin you coming on here trying to paint this as just a Seahawk fans bias is also beyond ridiculous. It would be one thing again if it were a single event but we are aware of all (all that has been public) of his stupid decisions not just this one and we are not basing our opinion on just the one event. That is just another thing to put in his Miami Dolphins hat. Your views are so ridiculously bias you can't see the Forrest from the trees. It really is your Achilles heel. If your own bias wasn't so strong you could probably carry on a decent conversation but you are completely blinded by your own excuses. It's a little sad really. How many times has Kaepernick been the laughing stock of the NFL already in just a season and a half?

chris98251

Reaction score
I think a good way to look at Kaep is he has Pro Bowl talent but still approaches things like a High School kid star QB in a lot of ways. High School rivalry type statements etc. Maybe he will grow out of it, maybe not.

One thing we do know I think is that this situation is not going away anytime soon, I honestly think Harbaugh is part of the problem when it comes to the post game excuses and such, Harbaugh never seen a loss that wasn't someone elses fault either. Noted for throwing people under the bus as a player as well.

Kaep seemed much more level headed and humble initially, could it be success or Harbaughs influence?

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1gpx1x84 said:
Marvin49":1gpx1x84 said:

LOL.

Do I need your permission to say I agree with you now? Its a forum homey. Lighten up.

"He lied".

Jeez. I guess you really do think he's a total moron to go on TV and say something that could so easily be proven false. The dude is human. LOL. What is more likely...he lied in a nefarious scheme to trick the public into believing that Crab had once had a 100 yard game on Sherman whilst assuming nobody would ever actually check or that he was simply mistaken and said what he thought to be the truth when asked on the air? The "scared" comment? Yeah...not a fan of that one either, but he was sticking up for his teammate and friend who had been called out on TV as "mediocre" and "sorry a$$".

You can say all you want that perhaps he should have responded differently, but to me the "HE LIED" commentary is just hyperbole.

Then you just sweep the whole Sherman incident under the carpet. In your world the guy who screamed into the camera calling out another NFL player is somehow the hero and the guy who defended his teammate is the douche.

Is it really that hard to see where I'm coming from?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":37l1i9h8 said:
LOL.

Do I need your permission to say I agree with you now? Its a forum homey. Lighten up.

Then quit acting like your approval matters. You spend a good portion of your day defending the honor of ego shattered morons. When you post "Now I can agree with that" everytime someone made a post that didn't violate Marvin's threshold of respect, it starts looking like some sort of posting Triage for Marvin. Its a forum Homey, Lighten up.

Jeez. I guess you really do think he's a total moron to go on TV and say something that could so easily be proven false. The dude is human. LOL. What is more likely...he lied in a nefarious scheme to trick the public into believing that Crab had once had a 100 yard game on Sherman whilst assuming nobody would ever actually check or that he was simply mistaken blah blah blah blah...

You can say all you want that perhaps he should have responded differently, but to me the "HE LIED" commentary is just hyperbole.

Bullshit. That's a real nice "interpretation" Marvin, but unless you got the info right from the Big Beaked sack of shit himself whilst choking on Kaeperbatter, it is just a lie that was used in context to inflate actual success. It doesn't matter what his intentions were anyways, if he was going to say it, then at least don't fricking LIE.

Then you just sweep the whole Sherman incident under the carpet. In your world the guy who screamed into the camera calling out another NFL player is somehow the hero and the guy who defended his teammate is the douche.

Who said anything about Sherman? So... what you are saying is that if Crabtree gets called out, that it isn't really a big deal to lie when making a defense for his status? I mean with the extensive history of success that Crabtree has had against Sherman and the Seahawk defense, it just sounds like crazy talk when Sherman refers to Crabs as "mediocre". Obviously, it was important for KaeperSpaz to set the record straight. How's that for understanding where you are coming from Princess?

What's wrong with "Yeah, that KaeperBeak sounded pretty dumb saying that."?

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":8z5qqpa8 said:
Marvin49":8z5qqpa8 said:
LOL.

Then quit acting like your approval matters. You spend a good portion of your day defending the honor of ego shattered morons. When you post "Now I can agree with that" everytime someone made a post that didn't violate Marvin's threshold of respect, it starts looking like some sort of posting Triage for Marvin. Its a forum Homey, Lighten up.

Jeez. I guess you really do think he's a total moron to go on TV and say something that could so easily be proven false. The dude is human. LOL. What is more likely...he lied in a nefarious scheme to trick the public into believing that Crab had once had a 100 yard game on Sherman whilst assuming nobody would ever actually check or that he was simply mistaken blah blah blah blah...

Bullshit. That's a real nice "interpretation" Marvin, but unless you got the info right from the Big Beaked sack of shit himself whilst choking on Kaeperbatter, it is just a lie that was used in context to inflate actual success. It doesn't matter what his intentions were anyways, if he was going to say it, then at least don't fricking LIE.

Who said anything about Sherman? So... what you are saying is that if Crabtree gets called out, that it isn't really a big deal to lie when making a defense for his status? I mean with the extensive history of success that Crabtree has had against Sherman and the Seahawk defense, it just sounds like crazy talk when Sherman refers to Crabs as "mediocre". Obviously, it was important for KaeperSpaz to set the record straight. How's that for understanding where you are coming from Princess?

What's wrong with "Yeah, that KaeperBeak sounded pretty dumb saying that."?

oi.

1) Clearly, none of you need my approval. LOL. If I were really looking for that I'd be in the wrong place. LOL. I simply REALLY agreed with someone who posted something so chose that way to express my agreement. If you don't like the grammar, I can only say sorry, but that won't prevent me from expressing myself any way I see fit within forum rules.

2) Sigh. It seems pretty obvious to me he mis-spoke, but my assumption that he was mistaken seems to be ludicrous to you while yours that he bold faced lied about something so easy to research makes perfect sense. I mean really? Just take a step back for a second and think on that. LOL.

3) "Princess". LOL. Nice one. I guess Crab and Kap are just total jackholes and poor Richard Sherman got stuck in the middle of this whole mess while bringing cookies to church. LOL.

I have said SEVERAL times that he could have handled it differently, but the vitriol on this site in regards to his comments is ridiculous.

Latest posts