The Ever-Ellusive Authentic SB48 Chromaflex Patch

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2jxhg4xm said:
Here is the Colorado based tailor that was tasked to sew the Broncos patches to their jerserys. Apparently she does regular work for them as well. Maybe try contacting her and see if she has a box of spares laying around somewhere gathering dust *fingers crossed*.

http://www.hildastailor.com/Welcome.html

tempGOPR3091--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blo ... 5857643633
Good luck. Seattle Tackle Twill wasn't allowed to sell them.
Makes me wonder where the guy got the SB 49 ones.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":3rzvzo62 said:
Mistashoesta":3rzvzo62 said:
Here is the Colorado based tailor that was tasked to sew the Broncos patches to their jerserys. Apparently she does regular work for them as well. Maybe try contacting her and see if she has a box of spares laying around somewhere gathering dust *fingers crossed*.

http://www.hildastailor.com/Welcome.html

tempGOPR3091--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blo ... 5857643633
Good luck. Seattle Tackle Twill wasn't allowed to sell them.
Makes me wonder where the guy got the SB 49 ones.

Yeah, figured as much. Just trying to give Todd as many resources as possible.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1vzewl0q said:
BlueThunder":1vzewl0q said:
Plus the ass doesn't allow comments apparently. NEVER a good sign....
I just keep reporting the item as fraudulent.

Yeah! Do that! Anything! I SO don't like the image of him buying his next hit of heroin from the $$$'s of Seahawks fans!!! lol

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Mistashoesta":enaylwyg said:
Yeah, figured as much. Just trying to give Todd as many resources as possible.

And it's totally appreciated my man! Great detective work! I'll see what I can come up with there...Always appreciate the help and any lead...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I know there is two versions but is there another version but it's on the wrong side?If so "wow"..

pmedic920

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1hyd5w97 said:
I know there is two versions but is there another version but it's on the wrong side?If so "wow"..

No, the ones that got placed wrong were the authentic "fan" version.

1000s got released with the patch placed on the wrong side.

In the other "huge" patch thread, somebody said they bought an authentic jersey from the pro shop, it had an embroidered patch on it, that would be a 3rd version but I highly doubt it was as stated. "Authentic from pro shop"

Edit: IIRC, the patch that was put on the "youth" jerseys was a tad smaller. It looked like the "fan" version, so in that regard, there is 3 versions.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Wow they sure screwed up something that should be so simple.I clicked search on the internet for this patch and this site came up among others lol.

pmedic920

Reaction score
In a picture, the easiest way to identify the "player" version vs "fan" version is, the "player" version has the NFL logo on the Lambardi trophy.

Very easy to spot if you know what to look for.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
If you find anything, thanks for sharing. I would love to pick up two originals (one for me and one for my son). The closest so far were the Swedish Cookies, but they aren't as sweet as the real thing.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah those Swedish cookies sure were tasty and a good effort but nothing would beat the real deal.

timmat

Reaction score
I too went very deep down the SB48 Chromaflex rabbit hole. So far, I've ended up with one legit player jersey Chromaflex for SB49, a handful of the fan version SB 48 Chromaflex patches, and a few of the Swedish Cookies version.

A batch of the legit player SB49 patches were also for sale the week before SB49. I paid $30 for it. I've contacted the company that makes the Chromaflex patch a few different times and they are VERY protective about not releasing the patches to the public. So I'm not sure how those SB49 ones got out. After the SB48 patch mess, I was so stoked to have one and was ready to apply it to a Lynch jersey, but then...

For the SB48 fan version Chromaflex patches, I found a guy who worked for an embroidery shop that was licensed by the NFL to apply the Chromaflex patches to commercially available Nike jerseys. He said their shop had those patches all over the place just sitting around. At one point well after SB48, someone went around and gathered them up and put them in a box where they sat longer. Then down the road, he was instructed to throw them out. He figured someone might really want them, so he took them home instead. He said it was a big risk. Not sure why he'd do that, because he sold them all really cheap to me. Although not the player version, they were real Chromaflex patches. Good enough for me to apply one to my white Lynch and Wilson limited jerseys - on the correct side, and give the others to friends and family to do the same.

It seems like such a simple no-brainer to reissue batches of the white SB48 jerseys with correct patch, but I doubt we ever see it.

There were a very small batch of white Nike Game jerseys issued with the fan Chromaflex patch on the correct side. I held one in my hand the week before that game but thought "na, I'll get a limited or authentic one with the patch, not knowing what a mess it would turn in to.

A good problem to have though - we had to win a SB for this to matter...

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
timmat":2twxrl3e said:
For the SB48 fan version Chromaflex patches, I found a guy who worked for an embroidery shop that was licensed by the NFL to apply the Chromaflex patches to commercially available Nike jerseys. He said their shop had those patches all over the place just sitting around. At one point well after SB48, someone went around and gathered them up and put them in a box where they sat longer. Then down the road, he was instructed to throw them out. He figured someone might really want them, so he took them home instead. He said it was a big risk. Not sure why he'd do that, because he sold them all really cheap to me. Although not the player version, they were real Chromaflex patches. Good enough for me to apply one to my white Lynch and Wilson limited jerseys - on the correct side, and give the others to friends and family to do the same.

Instructed to throw them out? Unbelievable. Such a lost source of revenue for the NFL, how short sighted can they be?

So you have real Chromaflex patches but not the player version? I am very curious to see what those look like...Would you mind uploading a photo?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Just FYI. I ordered one of the XLIX patches you linked. Will report when it arrives, just in case he comes up with a XLVIII version and people are wondering how legit it looks

pmedic920

Reaction score
hawkpride":2psb1qod said:
Have you seen this? Its at Mill Creek Sports whom are a trusted outlet of all sports.

http://www.millcreeksports.com/seattle- ... ock-83091/

As already noted, that doesn't appear to be the correct patch and it's on the wrong side.

I'm actually surprised that "mill creek" is selling it. They are respected.

No doubt the the signature is legit but I'd be pissed if I bought that not knowing the "correct" details.

timmat

Reaction score
Aros":1tmp66bo said:
timmat":1tmp66bo said:

Instructed to throw them out? Unbelievable. Such a lost source of revenue for the NFL, how short sighted can they be?

So you have real Chromaflex patches but not the player version? I am very curious to see what those look like...Would you mind uploading a photo?

SB48 Chromaflex retail version and SB49 player version:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 826

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Just FYI. I ordered one of the XLIX patches you linked. Will report when it arrives, just in case he comes up with a XLVIII version and people are wondering how legit it looks

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow I've never seen those retail Chromaflex SB48 patches before. Those are definitely the next best thing. Selling any? :D