The Extra Point, a Year Later

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Kickers matter more in the game (i.e. The Tie) and unlike refs are not totally random.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm torn, I see some good and some bad it it all.

Big difference between a missed kick, and a blocked, or "muffed" one.

It's not all on the "kicker" by any stretch.

I'll probably get this wrong but I think I heard one of the talking heads say, since the rule change, only one FG has been missed from that distance but close to 40? points after have been missed.
Even if those numbers are off, the point was, there is a big disparity between the FG and PAT.

Why is that?
Is it personnel?
I'm not a special teems expert, and I've never really paid attention to who is on the field for each type of play. (PAT vs FG)

Is it different?
With that much disparity, something is different, wonder what it is.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":3okjnsvi said:
fenderbender123":3okjnsvi said:
I don't see how eliminating the extra point would reduce commercials. They don't play commercials before and after the attempt.

If they want to eliminate commercials, they should just do away with kickoffs. That is a serious commercial fest there.

There is no more annoying commercial break than the one RIGHT after a kickoff when it's been literally 30 seconds since the last commercial break.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2yyjv6qr said:
kidhawk":2yyjv6qr said:
fenderbender123":2yyjv6qr said:
I don't see how eliminating the extra point would reduce commercials. They don't play commercials before and after the attempt.

If they want to eliminate commercials, they should just do away with kickoffs. That is a serious commercial fest there.

There is no more annoying commercial break than the one RIGHT after a kickoff when it's been literally 30 seconds since the last commercial break.

:ditto: